Magere Hein

Death In The Family

On 11/05/2020 at 14:12, Clorox Bleachman said:

Everyone's favourite thread, whoop whoop.

My great-aunt died from COVID in a care home in England. She was 3 months shy of her 100th birthday. She was the youngest of 7 siblings and therefore the last of her generation. I was lucky to know her quite well when she was living independently, and she would always talk about her service overseas during WWII. It's a pity that her burial wishes etc. can't be honoured, but we take solace in the fact that she died peacefully and it's doubtful that her incredible life would have gone on much longer.

Sorry for your loss mate. 

• Thanks 1

Haven't posted it earlier, but a friend of my took suicide back in march at the age of 18 only. Was a big shock and really sad when I found out about it. 

• Sad 6

51 minutes ago, Putin said:

Haven't posted it earlier, but a friend of my took suicide back in march at the age of 18 only. Was a big shock and really sad when I found out about it. 

Sorry for your loss such a tragic loss of life, mental health is such a massive problem, always hard no matter what the age when someone takes there own life but always seems worse somehow when it is someone who should have there whole life in front of them and should be at the happiest time of there life. RIP you and your friend are in my thoughts.

• Like 3

My great-aunt earlier today, 68. Not Covid-related. Very sudden, very unexpected. She was a real force of nature, incredibly funny, big heart. A proper Dagenham bird. I’m gonna miss her a lot.

• Sad 12

Sorry for your loss take care you and your family are all my thoughts. RIP.

• Thanks 1

Sorry about your great-aunt. Thoughts are with you and your at this sad time, Quim.

• Thanks 1

You know its never good thing when your mobile starts pinging with message notifications at 230am. And so it transpired.

Sadly a good friend of mine was found dead at home yesterday evening from what I can gather. Whilst it was a shock, it wasn't a real surprise,  as he had a long history of substance abuse (Columbian marching powder a favourite), mental health issues and a long term damage to his heart having survived to my knowledge at least 4 heart attacks. So to get to mid 50s well- he did well.

As I put on social media it was complex emotions today on hearing the sad news about Si. But that was him. Loveable, exasperating, kind, annoying, laughter. He could be the best friend in the world or the biggest cunt. There was little in the middle and life was certainly never dull with Si in the room.

Worlds a little darker today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

7 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

You know its never good thing when your mobile starts pinging with message notifications at 230am. And so it transpired.

Sadly a good friend of mine was found dead at home yesterday evening from what I can gather. Whilst it was a shock, it wasn't a real surprise,  as he had a long history of substance abuse (Columbian marching powder a favourite), mental health issues and a long term damage to his heart having survived to my knowledge at least 4 heart attacks. So to get to mid 50s well- he did well.

As I put on social media it was complex emotions today on hearing the sad news about Si. But that was him. Loveable, exasperating, kind, annoying, laughter. He could be the best friend in the world or the biggest cunt. There was little in the middle and life was certainly never dull with Si in the room.

Worlds a little darker today.

Sorry for your loss he certainly seemed like an interesting character, always sad when you lose a good friend have lost a few good ones over the years try and remember the good times you are in my thoughts. RIP.

• Like 1

Very sorry Phil, and nice tribute - can tell you were a good friend. Take it easy man.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss Phil.

I had an acquaintance (I never called him friend) like that. Dead from alcohol poisoning at 52.

Sadly, too often an occurrence. Larger than life, so life is short.

Take care Phil.

• Like 1

It's never easy when you lose a true friend.RIP to Si. 

• Like 1

Please accept my condolences for your loss Phil matey. Lovely tribute to read too. In the last 8 months I have lost 2 close friends. Mark my friend and former neighbour before he moved to a new residence died in October 2019 aged 41 with heart problems and my colleague and friend Grace died aged 27 from a cocaine overdose in June 2020. 

• Sad 2

Sorry to hear that Phil. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. 

What I found slightly annoying/funny yesterday was the speed by which on social media he achieved virtual Sainthood status. By his own admission Si was a troubled fella so I think/know he'd find it funny that suddenly he apparently did no wrong over the years.

11 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Thanks everyone. 

What I found slightly annoying/funny yesterday was the speed by which on social media he achieved virtual Sainthood status. By his own admission Si was a troubled fella so I think/know he'd find it funny that suddenly he apparently did no wrong over the years.

That’s always the way though isn’t it, people are too scared to say ‘well actually I thought he was a cunt’ about dead people. If they were a cunt when they were alive, chances are they’re still a cunt when they’re dead.

Condolences to you (just to be clear, I’m not saying your friend was a cunt!) :)

• Like 2

My aunty Eilee. I'm sort of named for her in an Anglicised way. Stayed with her every summer in Cork and honestly can't believe she's gone. She was the last left. Every other cunto in Ireland fucked off to America. I'm going to have to stay with the gypsy ****** we don't talk about when I go over now. 

Eternal rest and perpetual light shine upon you Eilie. May you rest in peace.

• Sad 12

Sorry to hear about your Aunt.

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss Bou. Earlier this week a Neighbour of mine died suddenly she was 44 and had 5 kids, the youngest aged 4, apparently she was making them their tea and she collapsed and died of a heart attack in front of the 4 year old, they have told him she has died but just keeps saying’ Mummy’s died but she will be coming back soon.’ Not especially close to her but feel sorry for her kids especially the youngest apparently she knew she had a heart condition and could of had surgery but chose not to and was advised not to have her youngest due to her condition. 

• Sad 6

Sorry for your loss Bou. 

That's awful Fergie, something similar happened to an acquaintance of mine some time ago. It's horrible.

• Like 1

My 82 year old grandmother has stage 4 kidney cancer. Does anyone have a good idea what the typical life expectancy is for this cancer? The only thing her doctor said was the 5 year survival rate is less than 10%.

Her husband (my grandfather) passed away last year from kidney failure. Those damn kidneys in my family is bad luck.

• Sad 5

I know this doesnt sound like a big deal but my Aunt's dog died last week. She previously had 2 out of her 4 children die some years back so she ended up putting a lot of love into that dog, love that she was never able to give to her two daughters after they both died (one in '16, the other in '17). Just incredibly sad to watch, plus I'm the worst person when it comes to showing empathy too so I have no idea on what to say to her.

My sister-in-law's estranged husband died yesterday aged 66 after 4 years with cancer. 

Now I had no time for the guy but his kids (my wife's neices and nephews) are devestated. My Mother and Father in law can opt out of the funeral citing Ill health and shielding issues but we really should go to support my S-i-L who is technically still married to him but he has a new partner. Though if there are still restrictions on numbers we may not be allowed if all ten of his adult children and associated families decide to come...

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My sister-in-law's estranged husband died yesterday aged 66 after 4 years with cancer. 

Now I had no time for the guy but his kids (my wife's neices and nephews) are devestated. My Mother and Father in law can opt out of the funeral citing Ill health and shielding issues but we really should go to support my S-i-L who is technically still married to him but he has a new partner. Though if there are still restrictions on numbers we may not be allowed if all ten of his adult children and associated families decide to come...

With much sympathy. But it does have the  ring of Tom Lehrer. 

Yes, he loved his mother like no other
His daughter was his sister and his son was his brother
One thing on which you can depend is
He sure knew who a boy's best friend is

• Like 1