Sign in to follow this  
Deathray

DDP Team Name Rejects

So wikipedia tells me that Gina Lollobrigida refers to herself in the third person, and again, there is a list of such people:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illeism

I think there is a theme team in there "My, Myself and I" or something (almost already exists): Gina Lollobrigida, Bob Dole, Flavor Flav, Pelé...

13 hours ago, gcreptile said:

So wikipedia tells me that Gina Lollobrigida refers to herself in the third person, and again, there is a list of such people:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illeism

I think there is a theme team in there "My, Myself and I" or something (almost already exists): Gina Lollobrigida, Bob Dole, Flavor Flav, Pelé...

Jerry Lee Lewis should be on that list. He's referred to himself in the third person for decades.

Zlatan likes Zlatan being on that list, on the day Zlatan scores his 500th career goal.

https://streamable.com/u5sl7

Sir Creep has been chastised for speaking of himself in third person, leaving SC wondering what the problem is?  Put him on the list.

• Haha 1

Definitely thinking about an all-trans theme team next year called "Passing".

Completely misread that as "all trains" ie Thomas, Percy, the Flying Scotsman, Ivor and so on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Sir Creep has been chastised for speaking of himself in third person, leaving SC wondering what the problem is?  Put him on the list.

It's not really a problem.  It's just that referring to yourself in the third person is usually an indication of a massive ego.

8 hours ago, deadsox said:

It's not really a problem.  It's just that referring to yourself in the third person is usually an indication of a massive ego.

MOI?

• Like 2

I think I've got my theme team name:

"da capo ...al fine"

The Other Half: People who were part of a singing/acting duo, double act etc where one of the two is already dead.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The Other Half: People who were part of a singing/acting duo, double act etc where one of the two is already dead.

That should be called "To Me... To Me... To Me..."

I've Nothing Against Your Right Legg, And Neither Do You: Team made up of sometimes tenuous links with Legs, e.g. Leonard Fenton, Tim Curry, Paul Darrow, Orlando Bloom (he's Legolas in LOTR), etc etc, all of ZZ Top, and the rest is up to you.

45 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I've Nothing Against Your Right Legg, And Neither Do You: Team made up of sometimes tenuous links with Legs, e.g. Leonard Fenton, Tim Curry, Paul Darrow, Orlando Bloom (he's Legolas in LOTR), etc etc, all of ZZ Top, and the rest is up to you.

Johnny C.legg?

• Like 1

Doctor Who lives behind that door? 

Doctor Who actors, writers, directors etc who've appeared on through the keyhole. 

Death Sticking to the Roof of Your Mouth -- Anyone having anything to do with peanut butter (peanut farmers, CEO of ConAgra, people in adverts, includes Reese's - you get the idea)
Finally, You STFU -- Team of people with nasally voices.
Two Little Angels Better Than One -- People who have lost at least two preteen children prior to dying.

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 13:11, Spade_Cooley said:

Definitely thinking about an all-trans theme team next year called "Passing".

I see this came to pass.....

• Like 1

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:04, Spade_Cooley said:

Please, no more teams of 20 people with the same name.

Watching a David Davies on the Papers Review on the BBC.

Wiki has a tonload of these (not all still alive): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davies and for a bit of variety https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davis

Not that anyone would be insane enough to do such a thing.

Theme Teams named from Song Titles - **includes bad puns**;

Wanted Dead or Alive (Bon Jovi) - People on US most wanted lists

I Just Died (to be) In Your Arms Tonight - people who's loved ones died in 2018 and might want to go soon to reunite.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World (Tears for Fears) - heads of state who invaded other countries

Na Na Na (My Chemical Romance)- heads of state who decided not to invade other countries. (this one requires knowledge of the lyrics to get)

Smells Like... The Call of Ktulu  (Nirvana/Metallica) - science fiction writers who ripped off a H.P Lovecraft novel.

Damn the three time limit. I could probably fill all of these.

If anyone can find 20 for this list, congratulations will be in order:

Sweet Child of Mime (Guns N Roses) - famous offspring of mime artists

There's as always most likely more of these but I've satisfied my boredom for now.

If Not for the Yanks, They Would Be Speaking German - 20 British War Heroes

(I'm actually compiling a list.....not sure of the entry though.  team name rejected lol)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

(I'm actually compiling a list.....not sure of the entry though.  team name rejected lol)

Eh.....SC, English is pretty much a Germanic language.

If it wasn't for every cunto else, you'd be speaking Spanish......

20 American War Heroes - who actually 'fought' , and were American

Maybe McCartney should rerecord "Give Ireland back to the Irish" for the Imperialist market and there wid be 14 states left, and you're in a state right now I'd imagine , amarite?  Y5UOb.png

Inspired by Grace Godshalk, let's see if we can't reach a new low.  

My Child is......MUSH! -- Parents of those who died in the 9-11 twin tower attack.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

22 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Inspired by Grace Godshalk, let's see if we can't reach a new low.  

My Child is......MUSH! -- Parents of those who died in the 9-11 twin tower attack.

Look some things are best kept in your head pal. if you're going to be deliberately offensive you need to make sure your funny as well otherwise your just a big fat cunt. Think before you post you mong.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

If not for the Yanks we would probably be speaking Russian.

There is a popular misconception in the US that the US turned the tide in World War 2 and won the war against Germany.

In actual fact prior to the D-Day landings Germany were already losing the war to the Russians following some decisive defeats on the Eastern Front.

It was then a race to meet the Russians in Berlin to stop them taking over the whole of Europe which the US did help with (and obviously having to fight on two fronts also weakened the German resistance to the Russians).

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Look some things are best kept in your head pal. if you're going to be deliberately offensive you need to make sure your funny as well otherwise your just a big fat cunt. Think before you post you mong.

Thank you for your comments, Standard Bearer.