Earl Gloomy

Queen Beatrix

Just wanted to say I have a lovely photo of Beatrix hanging in my shed. She dons a Shell Oil crown someone stuck on her head. I stole it from a rig I worked on in 1988 as it was terribly amusing. Likely the only American with the Queen's photo on display.

Sir C

Something like this?

beashell.jpg

BTW, rumours have it the Oranges own several percent of Shell.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say I have a lovely photo of Beatrix hanging in my shed. She dons a Shell Oil crown someone stuck on her head. I stole it from a rig I worked on in 1988 as it was terribly amusing. Likely the only American with the Queen's photo on display.Sir C

Something like this?beashell.jpgBTW, rumours have it the Oranges own several percent of Shell.

Lol no that's cool too. Mine is more homemade just some crazy mud loggers on a Shell rig goofing around with her photo. I'll take a pic and post in a day or two

SC

cant figure out how to post a photo (that isn't super sized) :-(

https://imageshack.com/i/p519y6aWj

Magere Hein, here you go.

Cheers. That picture must have been taken a few years before she became queen.

As it happens, she was invested 35 years ago today, a day I won't forget easily.

640px-RiotsInaugurationBeatrix1980NL.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know that much about Beaty and her health, but I think that Marge of Denmark will go first.

• Like 1

I don't know that much about Beaty and her health, but I think that Marge of Denmark will go first.

Apparently Marge is a heavy smoker.

• Like 1

A chain smoker at that. Kind of like me and other pupils behind the school during lunch break.

:smoking-smiley:

Guest Guest

BREAKING NEWS- New royal baby has been named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana ! Isn't that nice

BREAKING NEWS- New royal baby has been named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana ! Isn't that nice

Much better then the wierd names the Dutch princesses have...

https://imageshack.com/i/p519y6aWj

Magere Hein, here you go.

Cheers. That picture must have been taken a few years before she became queen.

As it happens, she was invested 35 years ago today, a day I won't forget easily.

640px-RiotsInaugurationBeatrix1980NL.jpg

I feel sorry for the Kombi Van caught in the middle.

A chain smoker at that. Kind of like me and other pupils behind the school during lunch break.

I thought you Polish kids would be downing a few vodkas during lunch break... ;)

I thought you Polish kids would be downing a few vodkas during lunch break... ;)

Oh, we do that too.

I just didn't mention it.

• Like 1

Oh, we do that too.

As I understand it, drinking vodka while chain smoking is a Good Thing. I've been told it diminishes the accumulation of rust in the lungs.

• Like 2

Oh, we do that too.

As I understand it, drinking vodka while chain smoking is a Good Thing. I've been told it diminishes the accumulation of rust in the lungs.

Thanks, MH.

Now I have an excuse in case a teacher catches me drinking... "I only do it so rust doesn't accumulate on my lungs"... but then, I need to come up with an excuse for smoking.

Hmm... okay, I know. "Smoking makes me feel more awake, which prevents me from falling asleep at your boring lessons".

A new picture was posted today on the occasion of Beatrix' 85th birthday. The King is on a visit to the Caribbean territories at the moment but it is said to have been made recently.

Screenshot_20230131-162506__01.thumb.jpg.df9581cfad9f7b61857dbc52827455d4.jpg

I would say she looks about her age, some wrinkles but still active and no public health scares after her positive covid-test at the end of 2021. She might well make 90 but wouldn't bet on it, longevity in the Dutch royal family is quite a recent phenomenon. While her parents passed away at 94 and 93, she is only the second descendant of King Willem I (r. 1815-1840) to make 85, the first one being her own mother Juliana.

• Like 2