Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

23 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Death Notice for Paddy Feeny, longtime presenter of the BBC World Service's Saturday Special, later Sportsworld, aged 87. http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/224927/feeny

Here he is back in good old 1978, presenting BBC's Young Scientists of the Year (a programme I have no memory of at all!). Look out for former DP favourite, Heinz Wolff.

• Like 1

Ahh, remember that programme.

Feeny was also one of the regulars on Top of the Form.

Looks shorter than I mind tho.

Saw in the paper today that Brian (Bwian) Waldon - of Weekend World fame about 40 years ago - is still alive; 86 tomorrow.

• Like 1

Report of the death of the first male Sky News presenter, Alastair Yates:

Was in at the start of BBC World Television in 1992 and at its relaunch as BBC World in 1995.

Charlie Rose was hospitalized last month after he unexpectedly fell ill and required major surgery.

The revelation came in court documents Rose filed as part of an ongoing lawsuit where he was accused of sexual harassment by three former CBS News staffers.

According to court documents obtained by The Blast, Rose is asking for an extension to file his initial response to the suit.

“Rose unexpectedly fell ill on July 12, 2018,” the documents state, “was hospitalized on July 15, and underwent major surgery on July 17.”
SC

Westcountry wildlife presenter Johnny Kingdom, has died in some sort of accident on his land.  Quite sad about this, bit of a local legend around here

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:16, DevonDeathTrip said:

Westcountry wildlife presenter Johnny Kingdom, has died in some sort of accident on his land.  Quite sad about this, bit of a local legend around here

I remember watching his show. So full of genuine enthusiasm for the countryside and wildlife..Very sad to hear he's gone so tragically. 

On ‎07‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:16, DevonDeathTrip said:

Doubtless having a rueful chat about headaches with Rik Mayall in TV Heaven, or summat

‘Legendary’ broadcaster Paul James, who was best known for his role as the voice of Brigham Young Univ (BYU) sports, passed away on Saturday.  James retired as the BYU play-by-play announcer after LaVell Edwards' final season in 2000.

SC

Former WGME (Portland, OR) reporter and news anchor Doug Rafferty died in Hawaii, according to the Portland television station.   Rafferty, a longtime anchor at the CBS affiliate, died eight hours after arriving in Hawaii to visit his daughter. He was 66.

So far today we have learned do not go out of your element -- don't visit New Orleans or Hawaii if you can't assimilate quickly!
SC

5 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

Richard Baker, BBC newsreader from 1954 to 1982, has died aged 93.

Horrid news, my face of the news for years.

Now I'm off to find my post where I said the Committee should pick him.

Breaking news. The legendary newsreader Richard Baker has died in Oxford at 93.

6 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Richard Baker, BBC newsreader from 1954 to 1982, has died aged 93.

6 hours ago, Snakeman said:

Breaking news. The legendary newsreader Richard Baker has died in Oxford at 93.

Not really breaking, is it? :clivedunn:  

• Haha 1

Sad news :(People of a certain age might also remember him as the narrator of Mary Mungo and Midge. I could have sworn he was on the list once but maybe I'm getting him mixed up with Kenneth Kendall. 

• Like 2

He was one of the 'dancing sailors' in that famous Morecambe and Wise routine wasn't he. Without watching it again I wonder how many from that are still around. I think Michael Aspel might have been one of them?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

He was one of the 'dancing sailors' in that famous Morecambe and Wise routine wasn't he. Without watching it again I wonder how many from that are still around. I think Michael Aspel might have been one of them?

Might be wrong, but I reckon there are still about 3 alive? 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0894463/fullcredits

One of the first faces I remember seeing on the television.  I found him rather scary for some reason.

29 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Might be wrong, but I reckon there are still about 3 alive? 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0894463/fullcredits

4 surely?

5 if you include Angela.