Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

Former Cleveland and Columbus news anchor Doug Adair died Monday in Pleasanton, Calif., of complications from Alzheimer’s disease. Adair was 89.

SC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Chris Packham has been getting dearh threats.

Yeah, he was crowing about it on telly the other day

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Chris Packham has been getting dearh threats.

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Yeah, he was crowing about it on telly the other day

I seen what you did there. :lol:

3 hours ago, TomTomTelekom said:

TV Show host and wildlife expert Jim Fowler dead at 87 years:

https://www.walb.com/2019/05/09/longtime-naturalist-albanian-jim-fowler-dies/

I don’t want this important obit lost in our good friends from the UK etc.

1970s ‘Mutual of Omaha’s Wild Kingdom’ was as much a staple of American television as there was.  Everyone watched it.  Along with the occasional Jacques Cousteau special, it was our introduction to many of our animal friends that roam this big blue marble with us.  

So.... Marlin Perkins (the main presenter) and Jim Fowler were pervasive in our culture if you are 45 or older.

It was always a bit of schtick that Marlin would to the voiceover commentating and Jim would be the guy on film always dealing with the dangerous animal.  Like he was the patsy lol.  My Yank friends and I are having great craic remembering the end of the era (Perkins died many years ago).  Many comments all like this:  

“I'm surprised he lived this long being that Marlin Perkins would narrate all the dangerous stuff he sent Jim in to do... "Notice while I sent Jim to look in the mouth of the live, angry crocodile with an absessed tooth..."

“While Jim wrestles the caiman, let’s hear a word from Mutual of Omaha....”

RIP Mr Fowler

SirC

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Assuming she gets the QO, this will come under my "an old person falling over is not an unnatural death" ruling.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Presenter, really?  I've never heard of her, but going by that article she seems more like one of those social media attention seek  celebrities.

Also, she's English, not Scottish.  And for the benefit of search, the headline name looks like a typo for Hartridge.

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Presenter, really?  I've never heard of her, but going by that article she seems more like one of those social media attention seek  celebrities.

Also, she's English, not Scottish.  And for the benefit of search, the headline name looks like a typo for Hartridge.

I went by what the article says.  Surname listed definitely is incorrectly spelled, you are right on that.  The title 'presenter' is somewhat subjective and can be difficult to define, particularly for those of us in North America where the title isn't used at all.  Equivalent term is 'anchor', though the two may not mean exactly the same thing.

I think I've heard of her, is it the same Emily Hartridge who presented the first 20 episodes of 'Videogame Nation' on Challenge? Before they completely revamped the show because of how unpopular and shit the presenters were? R.I.P. anyway like.

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

* Died aged 35

* Hosted a 4OD documentary about her turning 30

* In 2016.

Hmmm.

- Took two years to shoot?

- just now discovered she lied about age?

6 hours ago, machotrouts said:

I think I've heard of her, is it the same Emily Hartridge who presented the first 20 episodes of 'Videogame Nation' on Challenge? Before they completely revamped the show because of how unpopular and shit the presenters were? R.I.P. anyway like.

I think so, I knew the name was familiar from somewhere.

I have for the past few weeks been watching some US TV news coverage on YouTube. You know how you do when you need a break from the constant worry of winding up your dead father's estate.

Anyway, I've become rather fascinated by Morning Joe. By god can that guy talk! He goes to a contributor but before they can say anything you still get 4 or 5 minutes of Joe talking. And the contributor is just itching to speak, but can't because it's Joe's show. Anyway, any suggestions for anyone I should look out for from our American Listers? I'm looking to widen my watching.