Presenters

1 minute ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Love Island has a higher death rate than the fucking Somme

Now THERES an idea for a game show. 

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Love Island has a higher death rate than the fucking Somme

Or Babylon 5!

• Haha 1

Jeremy Kyle Show had one death in 14 years and was axed straight away. Yet Love Island is still on (for the moment).

Speaking of cursed TV shows, Benidorm's been fairly quiet for its survivors for a few years now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, msc said:

Despite being hilariously out of touch with the young and reality TV, I had sort of heard of her - she won Strictly a few years back.

She was sublimely divine in Strictly. 

I'm actually shocked about this, she was way too young to die.

Years back, my daughter was at Stansted and flying out somewhere with some friends.

They spotted her and all went over to her and, naturally, asked her if she would have her photo taken with them.

My daughter said that she was lovely, totally natural, more than happy to pose with them and chat with them.

How fucking tragic, the fame machine has chewed up and spat out another poor soul.:(

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Speaking of cursed TV shows, Benidorm's been fairly quiet for its survivors for a few years now.

Yes, in fact I was confusing Babylon 5 with Benidorm (don't ask me how).

Just now, drol said:

Yes, in fact I was confusing Babylon 5 with Benidorm (don't ask me how).

Babylon 5 did have a number of premature deaths in its cast too iirc tbf.

5 minutes ago, msc said:

Tim Healy must die...

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Jeremy Kyle Show had one death in 14 years and was axed straight away. Yet Love Island is still on (for the moment).

I have just been on twitter and there is an awful unedifying spectacle of one group of people saying the media killed Caroline Flack,another saying Twitter and Instagram killed Caroline Flack,another saying the public who buy newspapers killed Caroline Flack and then there is the pushback against all of that and debates about how females accused of domestic violence are treated better than men and nobody would care if a man accused of domestic violence died etc. 

There are virtue signalling arseholes seeking attention from all sides /angles of the debate or issue and using it to point score.

Its really cheap and frankly a cesspool and a number of celebrities are in the driving seat on twitter adding petrol to the bonfire. 

Very disheartening and disappointing. :(

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I have just been on twitter and there is an awful unedifying spectacle of one group of people saying the media killed Caroline Flack,another saying Twitter and Instagram killed Caroline Flack,another saying the public who buy newspapers killed Caroline Flack and then there is the pushback against all of that and debates about how females accused of domestic violence are treated better than men and nobody would care if a man accused of domestic violence died etc. 

There are virtue signalling arseholes seeking attention from all sides /angles of the debate or issue and using it to point score.

Its really cheap and frankly a cesspool and a number of celebrities are in the driving seat on twitter adding petrol to the bonfire. 

This is a brilliant post.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

At the moment everyone is shocked and so various stages of grief including anger are happening. Give it a week and hopefully people will be more rational on how to deal with it.

Though to be fair - females accused of domestic violence are treated better than men. Just look at how Amber Heard is being treated compared to Johnny Depp, the one with evidence of abuse including voice recordings.

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

At the moment everyone is shocked and so various stages of grief including anger are happening. Give it a week and hopefully people will be more rational on how to deal with it.

Though to be fair - females accused of domestic violence are treated better than men. Just look at how Amber Heard is being treated compared to Johnny Depp, the one with evidence of abuse including voice recordings.

You think?

I bet they won't!:(

• Like 1

I wasn't a fan of hers or anything but I am in tears right now.What a waste.She would only have got a community sentence at worst ! Why  do that ? :(

The Sun has taken this off their website just now. Hmm I wonder why.

EQ1ecCJXYAAdjXT?format=jpg&name=medium

Fuck me! That’s the biggest proper shocker in quite a while. A shame.

As an aside, @Gooseberry Crumble has it absolutely nailed on to the letter.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

The Sun has taken this off their website just now. Hmm I wonder why.

EQ1ecCJXYAAdjXT?format=jpg&name=medium

A lot of people have a lot of thinking to do about how they treat people  on twitter etc.... I would hate to have the death of someone on my conscience ! 

37 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Give it a week and hopefully people will be more rational on how to deal with it.

Give it a week and nobody will remember it all.  The cycle of media and social media.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Give it a week and nobody will remember it all.  The cycle of media and social media.

I think they will.

13 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

Not sure.

Mrs Grobler (an avid Love Island , Dancing on Whatever etc fan) is quite upset. I think this is MAJOR news...for a few days at least.

The biggest shock death since 2 weeks ago

49 minutes ago, Skinny kiltrunner said:

No. This will be a story for a long time. While the press are hounding someone else to oblivion, of course.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Despite being hilariously out of touch with the young and reality TV, I had sort of heard of her - she won Strictly a few years back.

I was a big fan of Bo selecta growing up and she played bubbles in that show . But I only found that out last year.Other than that,  I first heard of her during lamp assault.

Her career was done and no doubt the guy she lamped was shacked up with another girl for valentines day. She was 40 no kids and probably thought it was all over. Not to mention she could be looking at jail time aswell. She should of been on alot of peoples radars but hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Will the guy she lamped do himself in? Might be one to watch out for.

29 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

I was a big fan of Bo selecta growing up and she played bubbles in that show . But I only found that out last year.Other than that,  I first heard of her during lamp assault.

Her career was done and no doubt the guy she lamped was shacked up with another girl for valentines day. She was 40 no kids and probably thought it was all over. Not to mention she could be looking at jail time aswell. She should of been on alot of peoples radars but hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

Will the guy she lamped do himself in? Might be one to watch out for.

Apparently he has now switched off comments on some of his Instagram posts especially the older pics of him with Caroline because absolute vile kn****ds have been posting abusive comments saying it is his fault Caroline committed suicide. :angry:

• Sad 1