Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

Michael Barratt dead at 94.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

Michael Barratt a unique DDP pick. A BBC legend, so he ought to get the BBC obit!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, msc said:

Michael Barratt a unique DDP pick. A BBC legend, so he ought to get the BBC obit!

FFS, that's either inspired dead pooling or really good luck, I mean 94 and a nailed on obit, surprised he wasn't on about a dozen lists. 

On 10/07/2022 at 16:56, msc said:

Has had obituaries from all over the spectrum, but like Frank Williams, nothing from the BBC.

• Shocked 1

Simon Cowell MBE (no, not that Simon) diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.

Known for presenting Wildlife SOS on Animal Planet for 18 years and is the founder of the Wildlife Aid Foundation.

Actually picked on the DDP last year, by a theme team of 10 pairs of famous namesakes.

If he makes next year, his name in the system is "(Wildlife) Simon Cowell" for ease of committee headache...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

Simon Cowell MBE (no, not that Simon) diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.

Known for presenting Wildlife SOS on Animal Planet for 18 years and is the founder of the Wildlife Aid Foundation.

You have no idea how terrified I was for minute before I read your full sentence. Anyway thoughts and prayers.

7 minutes ago, When The said:

You have no idea how terrified I was for minute before I read your full sentence. Anyway thoughts and prayers.

Are you Sinitta?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Are you Sinitta?

who the fuck is sinitta

Adding some Death By Numbers names to my longlist... here are some pictures of Judtih Chalmers from earlier this year, out and about, but with a leg injury and a little unstable:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10477775/Judith-Chalmers-86-cuts-relaxed-figure-goes-shopping-spree-Barbados-sporting-injury.html

Pals: Judith Chalmers made the most of the sun as she stepped out to do a spot of shopping with her friend Elizabeth on Thursday in Barbados

• Like 1

Jonnie Irwin, but I see he's on 'Ideas and Possibilities.' How come you can't delete a post on here? 

9 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Jonnie Irwin, but I see he's on 'Ideas and Possibilities.' How come you can't delete a post on here? 

You have no need to.

I created the thread to discuss presenters, many who had, apparently, dropped off the face of the Earth.

I didn't create it just to post about their deaths.

23 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

The family have confirmed it, adding that she died of motor neurone disease 

:Insert motor joke here:

• Like 1

On 14/11/2022 at 13:54, YoungWillz said:

Sue Baker, former presenter/reporter on Top Gear and motoring journo, reportedly dead:

Just saw this on the BBC news website and my heart briefly leapt into my mouth as I thought it said Sue Barker! :unsure: In my panic, I'd skipped over the words 'Top Gear'...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

He was never funny.

Even the (Terry Nation approved) Gay Daleks sketches? Bit obvious and childish sure, but one must always stay on top (oo-er) of Sci-Fi references...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Even the (Terry Nation approved) Gay Daleks sketches? Bit obvious and childish sure, but one must always stay on top (oo-er) of Sci-Fi references...

Not for me, Jeff. You know how Mobb Deep said "there ain't no such thing as half-way crooks"? There also ain't no such thing as half-way edgelords. If you're going to be offensive for the sake of being offensive, put it up to 11. VLS wanted the private schoolboy "ain't I being naughty" thrill of edginess but his targets were always so fucking milquetoast and obvious.

• Like 2