Lord Fellatio Nelson

Presenters

15 hours ago, TQR said:

Phillip Schofield releases a statement as he leaves ITV.

Précis: He met a boy, helped him get into television, then began an “unwise but not illegal” relationship with him after securing him a job on This Morning.

‘Groomer’ is trending on Twitter.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

21 hours ago, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Looks like Schofield's career is defunct. ITV and his agent have dropped him.

Reading Schofields statement I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Sunday tabloids has an exclusive interview with the younger guy and he's getting his side of the story out first.

If he confirms the allegations of underage grooming/relationship then Schofields public life will be over if it isn't already.

Longer term I think ITV will be heavily criticised for not investigating this more thoroughly at the time and letting him quit rather than sacking him earlier.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, openviews said:

Reading Schofields statement I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Sunday tabloids has an exclusive interview with the younger guy and he's getting his side of the story out first.

If he confirms the allegations of underage grooming/relationship then Schofields public life will be over if it isn't already.

Longer term I think ITV will be heavily criticised for not investigating this more thoroughly at the time and letting him quit rather than sacking him earlier.

I don`t for a second think everyone wiping their hands with Philip Schofield is purely due to this affair which virtually the entire country already knew about.There must be more to it either in relation to the case in the news now (and everyone`s soicial media for 3 years) or there are more allegations which are worse in nature about to hit the press.

• Like 1

I reckon more is going to come out possibly tomorrow. You don`t get dropped for something everyone knew already.

On 14/01/2023 at 16:59, Perhaps said:

Presenter and former model Sophie Blake (wiki) has stage 4 breast cancer.

NEAD, not DEAD - 

On 27/05/2023 at 20:05, Sean said:

I reckon more is going to come out possibly tomorrow. You don`t get dropped for something everyone knew already.

Maybe it's about him and a gopher in a cupboard.

3 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

Maybe it's about him and a gopher in a cupboard.

FB_IMG_1685187006388.jpg

In this vicious war between ITV daytime presenters Holly Willoughby, Philip Schofield and Eamonn Holmes it is difficult to know who to cheer for but I vaguely remember a discussion on here about how PS achieved his career breakthroughs and one could argue that he is just acting on how the industry works.

I am also confused why this is news now as I thought that when he came out the relationship was revealed what has happened since to make this suddenly so important

• Like 1

I know for a fact that I'm not the only one who isn't remotely interested in this.

• Like 1

This is all just a great distraction, as far as the ghoulish right wing press are concerned. Stops people talking about Boris Johnson’s lies, shitty waters, the police no longer being able to deal with mental health crises, the crippling cost of living and utterly decimated public services.

I just feel so sorry for the young lad Schofield was involved with. Hope he’s okay.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In this vicious war between ITV daytime presenters Holly Willoughby, Philip Schofield and Eamonn Holmes it is difficult to know who to cheer for but I vaguely remember a discussion on here about how PS achieved his career breakthroughs and one could argue that he is just acting on how the industry works.

I am also confused why this is news now as I thought that when he came out the relationship was revealed what has happened since to make this suddenly so important

The media won't spell it out to avoid potentially libelling Schofield but there is a suggestion that he knew the boy from his early teens (possibly even 12 if you believe some of the less reliable sources). There is a big question as to whether the relationship was sexual in those early days, particularly after Phil's brother has now been locked up for being a n.o.n.c.e.

I think we need to be a little better here.

There is no evidence and no complaint by anyone of any behaviour on the part of Schofield which would justify some of the vilest speculation on social media and tikkety tok. Until there is such evidence, I'm not buying anything said in that regard. As for the "brotherly association" again there is no evidence that they were actors in any sort of common scheme - what is this stupid thought? It's like some banana republic where if one member of the family is guilty of something you hang them all. It panders to the worst vigilantes and whips up those who just hate LGBTQ etc etc people in general.

What there does seem to be evidence of is the bullying and culture of cover-up to keep their then popular star safe. It's easy for Schofield and folk like Gyles Brandreth to say how This Morning is such a happy ship when they are in receipt of the large paychecks. It's unbelievable that Willoughby was that stupid and as I think has been said her sudden distancing is just brand management. Folk at the top denying all the complaints, all the resignations, all the payoffs and NDAs over what seems to be many years. We all know that goes on in many organisations - I've been in them.

I'm no huge fan of Eamonn Holmes either.

But don't piss off Dr Ranj.

As I said before, This Morning is almost dead - just needs a bit more kicking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

LGBTQ etc etc

I just can't keep up - is this the new way of representing? :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

I just can't keep up - is this the new way of representing? :P

I don't know, back in my day we were just LGB!

The spectrum was much simpler back then....:lol:

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

I'm no huge fan of Eamonn Holmes either.

Considering that Holmes is providing his 'truth' to GB News an outlet that struggles with that concept I am highly sceptical and I also do not think he is an impartial commentator as his wife's show is clearly caught up in the ITV shit storm

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Considering that Holmes is providing his 'truth' to GB News an outlet that struggles with that concept I am highly sceptical and I also do not think he is an impartial commentator as his wife's show is clearly caught up in the ITV shit storm

Mrs GUN told me yesterday that it was Ruth who originally filed the Schofield complaint and that is what led to them (the Holmes) leaving the show which would be a mahoosive failure on behalf of the HR Dept but maybe that's all mumsnet tittle tattle - truly I'm not at all interested but we were on a 5 hour car journey and it was on the news.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

One man and his dog presenter Robin Page dies.

Just something for the Philip Schofield discussion sandwich…..

Imagine what people would be hinting if Schofield had presented One Man And His Dog.

2 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Mrs GUN told me yesterday that it was Ruth who originally filed the Schofield complaint and that is what led to them (the Holmes) leaving the show which would be a mahoosive failure on behalf of the HR Dept but maybe that's all mumsnet tittle tattle - truly I'm not at all interested but we were on a 5 hour car journey and it was on the news.

I'm fairly sure this is accepted knowledge. I've heard people talk about this elsewhere.

On 31/05/2023 at 13:37, prussianblue said:

20230531_130502.jpg

So weirdly, I was just saying that over a smoothie and a couple of slices of healthy toast to Mrs MPFC - I get that Schofield is scathing on himself but his misdeeds aren't a patch on Bojo's, apart from owt else Jennifer Arcuri's advancement in London was way less boundaried than Schofield starting a relationship once his other half had got a job. Oddly, he could learn summat from Bojo's tactic of moving on and grabbing opportunities on offer. Nowt wrong here that couldn't be sorted by getting over it, (metaphorically) growing a pair and redefining yourself (summat like Jamie Vardy's missus who's got more offers after being beaten in court than she had before). 

• Like 1