RadGuy

20th Century Americans Sitcoms

1 hour ago, Toast said:

This shouldn't apply now, surely? 

There's got to be some perks.

Like a random American paper can tell the difference between the EU and Europe. I still remember our school worksheets printed in the US that said Roald Dahl was born in Wales "in England".

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toast said:

This shouldn't apply now, surely? 

There's got to be some perks.

Gov decided to keep GDPR laws in place for now.

They may revisit it at some point though, as I'm sure a lot of laws will be revisited. Mind you, I don't think it's exactly a priority right now given this pandemic. *sigh*

Probably in for a long wait. Wish more U.S. sites would get it seen to in the meantime though.

If I were that bothered I'd use a VPN. I'm not. :S

I can see we're still going to be left with all the shitty laws.

38 minutes ago, Toast said:

I can see we're still going to be left with all the shitty laws.

You cannot untangle decades of common laws/legislation overnight.

It will take time.

35 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

You cannot untangle decades of common laws/legislation overnight.

It will take time.

They won't bother though.

Gregory Sierra, who starred in Barney Miller and Sanford and Son as the neighbor has died at 83. I also remember him from the last season of Soap where he played a Latin American general named El Puerco.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/gregory-sierra-dead-barney-miller-sanford-son-actor-was-83-1215625

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

On 18/08/2015 at 21:53, Sir Creep said:

SANFORD & SON CAST AND PRODUCTION CREW (Living as of 8-18-2015)

CAST: (in order of birth, not appearances – importance players noted though)

Julie Payne 11 Sept 1940

(Gary) Raymond O’Keefe 15 Oct 1940

Gregory Sierra 25 Jan 1941 (Julio, Lamont’s friend)
Taurean Blacque 10 May 1941

Cal Wilson 01 Sept 1941

This needs some major revisions but for now...

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/23/entertainment/gregory-sierra-obituary-trnd/index.html?fbclid=IwAR3sVsBG1POAnIAHnCjLcpzfIcZj1pz51lJf07v291XXLGKcqfQaFMK7XU0

Allan Burns creator of The Munsters has died aged 85

• Like 2

3 hours ago, time said:

Allan Burns creator of The Munsters has died aged 85

Also one of the people behind the Mary Tyler Moore show (as could be inferred by Ed Asner having tweeted the news), a second notable passing from that series in the past week.

• Like 1

On Twitter, Elvira reporting the death of Scott Atkinson. A reliable character actor, as well as appearing in Elvira's Haunted Hills he turned up in recurring roles in Desperate HousewivesNYPD Blue and The Jamie Foxx Show. However, we're posting him here in tribute to his role as Clive in Frasier, where he delivered one of the all-time great shit accents in cinematic history.

https://twitter.com/search?q=clive frasier accent&src=typed_query

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

On Twitter, Elvira reporting the death of Scott Atkinson. A reliable character actor, as well as appearing in Elvira's Haunted Hills he turned up in recurring roles in Desperate HousewivesNYPD Blue and The Jamie Foxx Show. However, we're posting him here in tribute to his role as Clive in Frasier, where he delivered one of the all-time great shit accents in cinematic history.

https://twitter.com/search?q=clive frasier accent&src=typed_query

I Remember him in Frasier. He made Simon moons attempted accent seem tolerable 

1 hour ago, Leon Brittan said:

I Remember him in Frasier. He made Simon moons attempted accent seem tolerable 

I could never decide if the Moon family's resolutely non-Mancunian accents (Daphne included) was just an in-joke about the stupidity of the American TV audience, like Bart Simpson doing his Dick van Dyke. I mean, Anthony LaPaglia is a decent actor in films (eg Lantana)

Given they brought in Robbie Coltrane as one of her brothers, I'm pretty certain it was a gag.

• Like 2

One of her brothers was Australian I think. So it probably was actually 

In this recent interview with Hal Linden of 'Barney Miller' fame, he mentions around 51:55 that he's received both shots of the COVID vaccine.

39 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

Kim Tyler, a male child actor who portrayed Kyle Nash on the 1960s sitcom Please Don't Eat the Daisies for it's two-year run, has died. He was 66. Tyler died after a long battle with cancer.

https://extratv.com/2021/03/20/kim-tyler-former-child-actor-on-please-don-t-eat-the-daisies-dead-at-66/

So that's why you don't eat the Daisies! 

• Haha 1

On 21/03/2021 at 06:00, alt obits guy said:

Kim Tyler, a male child actor who portrayed Kyle Nash on the 1960s sitcom Please Don't Eat the Daisies for it's two-year run, has died. He was 66. Tyler died after a long battle with cancer.

https://extratv.com/2021/03/20/kim-tyler-former-child-actor-on-please-don-t-eat-the-daisies-dead-at-66/

Please Don't Push Up The Daisies.
(It was almost too easy) 

• Like 1

On 17/01/2021 at 17:30, markb4 said:

Not really a "health update", but here is the latest update from Joyce Randolph, the last surviving cast member of the classic 1950s sitcom, The Honeymooners. She gives her opinion on the new YouTube series, "The Honeyzoomers" as well as mentions that she plans to take the first COVID vaccine next week with the 2nd dose in February:

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-joyce-randolph-honeymooners-honeyzoomers-20210116-m2mkenrbszfr3hg4xo5p2g7dwi-story.html

This will appear on my 1924 births update on the Detective thread later this eve but worth also dropping here.

Looking at the autograph hunter sites... a fan sent Joyce Randolph a letter in early March. She responded with an autograph on 27th March but said in her letter that she wasn't well. 

• Sad 1

Ralph Schuckett, co-writer of the Kate And Allie Theme and some incidental music, reportedly dead.

Pokemon and Empire Records among his other, I'm going to say, achievements.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ralph Schuckett, co-writer of the Kate And Allie Theme and some incidental music, reportedly dead.

The clues were there...

In March 2018, the band announced that Schuckett would not be able to participate and called for keyboardists who are familiar with Utopia's catalog to submit audition tapes.[6] The band ultimately chose Gil Assayas after one of Rundgren's sons saw him perform.[7]

(from the Utopia Wikipedia page). 

Actually, here's a full obit from Variety. He's worth more than being dismissed as a someone who wrote a TV theme and some music for Pokemon.

14 hours ago, Perhaps said:

James Hampton, a TV actor and director perhaps best known for his role in the sitcom The Doris Day Show, has died aged 84.

The Doris Day Show, surprising to me, seems to have 5 adult cast members still alive:

Larry Storch b.1923

Paul Smith b.1929

Jon Cypher b.1932

Jackie Joseph b.1933

Bernie Kopell b.1933

Not Caretaker! :(