RadGuy

20th Century Americans Sitcoms

5 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Reports on Twitterpunchclock that Frank Bonner, probably best known for playing Herb Tarlek in WKRP In Cincinnatti, has died. Awaiting confirmation, but seems to have come from his daughter.

Frank Bonner

TMZ has announced it as well:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz.com/2021/06/17/frank-bonner-dead-dies-herb-tarlek-wkrp-in-cincinnati/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I almost put him on my list, but decided against it, at the last minute. lol

7 hours ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

I almost put him on my list, but decided against it, at the last minute. lol

What made you consider putting him on your list? Was it just age?

1 hour ago, markb4 said:

What made you consider putting him on your list? Was it just age?

Well, that, and I was just looking for random names to fill up my hits. So, I looked up who was still alive, on WKRP, and chose Les Nessman instead Herb.

• Like 1

I’d have the same feeling with picking him as I did Shannen Doherty. 

It has been revealed that James Michael Tyler who played Gunther from Friends has stage 4 prostate cancer and it is most likely terminal. From recent interviews he cannot walk anymore as the cancer has spread to his bones and he is now in a wheelchair. He was diagnosed in September of 2018. He didn't attend the most recent Friends reunion in person due to this.

BBC News

Interview June 2021:

• Like 1

Rather than a thread dedicated to Gunther - we should have a thread dedicated to Friends overall. There have been so many guests and recurring actors that I’m sure someone who likes to dedicate their time to lists could contribute one……

JMT could then be a part of that thread.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Never heard of the dude.  Can't he just go in US sitcoms? 

• Like 1

Charlie Robinson, best known for playing court clerk Mac on the 1984-92 sitcom Night Court, has died. He was 75. Robinson had a long list of credits, including a regular role on Love & War as Abe Johnson and several appearances as Bud Harper on Home Improvement.

https://www.thewrap.com/charlie-robinson-night-court-star-dies-at-75/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Not a good time to be a  Night Court alum

Markie Post dead at 70

Markie  Post who played Christine Sullivan on the series has died after battling an undisclosed cancer diagnosis.  Was a  regular on tv and film starting in the late 70's,her most well known part is probably playing the mum of Cameron Diaz in There's Something About Mary

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Markie Post dead at 70

Markie  Post who played Christine Sullivan on the series has died after battling an undisclosed cancer diagnosis.  Was a  regular on tv and film starting in the late 70's,her most well known part is probably playing the mum of Cameron Diaz in There's Something About Mary

Has there ever been a good time to be a Night Court alum? It seems like everyone who's died has died prematurely

British viewers might also remember Post from The Fall Guy, alongside Lee Majors.

3 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Markie Post dead at 70

One of my first childhood crushes.  Sad day.

1 hour ago, time said:

Has there ever been a good time to be a Night Court alum? It seems like everyone who's died has died prematurely

British viewers might also remember Post from The Fall Guy, alongside Lee Majors.

I remember her from an episode of Cheers. 

Jimmy Garrett, who played Lucy's son Jerry Carmichael on "The Lucy Show" dead at 66.

On 08/08/2021 at 08:12, CaptainChorizo said:

Markie Post dead at 70

One of the few IRL deadpool references comes from an early episode of American Dad where they get the standings out and Stan can't remember if Markie Post is still alive. Looks like he can claim his points now.

On 19/08/2015 at 03:53, Sir Creep said:

SANFORD & SON CAST AND PRODUCTION CREW (Living as of 8-18-2015)

CAST: (in order of birth, not appearances – importance players noted though)

*snip*

Basil Hoffman 18 Jan 1938

*snip*

Basil Hoffman (wikidead at 83.

Also had notable roles in a lot of Hollywood films, including The Artist (2011), Ordinary People (1980) and All the President's Men (1976).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 27/05/2021 at 09:37, YoungWillz said:

Matthew Perry had "emergency dental surgery" explaining his speech in the Reunion - watching it on catch up now: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/friends-reunion-matthew-perry-slurred-b1854190.html

More questions being raised about Matthew Perry's health in the tabloid press.

Seems to be trying to pull it back together post-addiction by doing intense gym sessions. New photos in there which reveal his big weight gain.

• Shocked 1

I was intrigued by this tweet. It's the leader of the 1984 Sitcom Suzanne Pleshette Is Maggie Briggs which - as you might have guessed - wasn't a success and only lasted for 6 episodes. Lifespan of most cast members was cut short as well.. Suzanne Pleshette died in 2008, 70 years old, Kenneth McMillan died at 56, Stephen Lee at 58, Roger Bowen at 63 and Michelle Nicastro at 50. Only Shera Danese (72), John Getz (74) and Alison La Placa (61) are still alive.

• Like 1

On 18/10/2021 at 10:01, I.R.Baboon said:

I was intrigued by this tweet. It's the leader of the 1984 Sitcom Suzanne Pleshette Is Maggie Briggs which - as you might have guessed - wasn't a success and only lasted for 6 episodes. Lifespan of most cast members was cut short as well.. Suzanne Pleshette died in 2008, 70 years old, Kenneth McMillan died at 56, Stephen Lee at 58, Roger Bowen at 63 and Michelle Nicastro at 50. Only Shera Danese (72), John Getz (74) and Alison La Placa (61) are still alive.

Never heard of this show but I agree with the comment about the theme song 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Peter Scolari, best known for staring with Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies (that shows theme song was a cover version of Billy Joel’s My Life) dead at 66

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/peter-scolari-obituary-bosom-buddies-1235095484/

I used to watch that show, don't remember the staring though.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, time said:

I used to watch that show, don't remember the staring though.

-gbTJJg4B3MlkCX-4l9vfqjY8E4

He used to do a lot of US TV (like Gotham here) and was one of those actors its good to see - the US equivalent of a Danny Webb type actor for example.

• Like 1