Sign in to follow this  
YoungWillz

That Portillo Moment

Have your chance to vote early for the candidate likely to lose by the largest number of votes on May 7th!

• Like 1

Douglas Alexander by 4,200 votes to the SNP.

• Like 1

Dang, don't think I worked the Poll correctly, it's not showing up.

My options were:

Danny Alexander

Douglas Alexander

Ed Balls

Douglas Carswell

Nick Clegg

Nigel Farage

Simon Hughes

Caroline Lucas

Esther McVey

Jim Murphy

Mark Reckless

Alex Salmond

Anna Soubry

Ed Miliband

David Cameron

Vince Cable

• Like 1

Hopefully it'll be Nick Clegg closely followed by Vince Cable.

• Like 1

Nick Clegg.

Guest Guest

if you like 'Portillo moments' go to Scotland. There's going to be about 50 of them (ie every seat that's not SNP )

if you like 'Portillo moments' go to Scotland. There's going to be about 50 of them (ie every seat that's not SNP )

I'm already there, in one of Labour's safest seats. I fully expect it to be a darn close run thing.

As long as that cunt Murphy gets 'ooonced' I don't give a fuck about the results .

I'm a Scot. I won't vote in something I disagree with's elections.

But by fuck, that slimey fucker has to go.

He'll still end up in an NHS job earning £80k a year though, he's the type.

Running through your list...

Danny Alexander - YES

Douglas Alexander - YES

Ed Balls - NO

Douglas Carswell - NO

Nick Clegg - YES

Nigel Farage - NO

Simon Hughes - YES

Caroline Lucas - NO

Esther McVey - YES

Jim Murphy - NO

Mark Reckless - NO

Alex Salmond - NO

Anna Soubry - YES

Ed Miliband - NO

David Cameron - NO

Vince Cable - NO

With David Laws, Charles Kennedy, Stephen Crabb, Nicky Morgan, Jon Cruddas, Mags Curran as endangered.

And Iain Duncan Smith as pure wishful thinking! Hah.

I really should have included Charles Kennedy, however I think the gap might be too small given there might be a huge sympathy vote at the last minute for his recent bereavement.

I'm not up to speed as to how things are in Brighton, but I would have thought Caroline Lucas was a cert in a close election to get bumped. However, this might be that election where folk actually vote for what they want, I'd be happy if she stayed MP.

Duncan-Smith - you have similar dreams to mine!

• Like 1

I really should have included Charles Kennedy, however I think the gap might be too small given there might be a huge sympathy vote at the last minute for his recent bereavement.

Whit? Caol Isla shut?

• Like 1

I'm not up to speed as to how things are in Brighton, but I would have thought Caroline Lucas was a cert in a close election to get bumped. However, this might be that election where folk actually vote for what they want, I'd be happy if she stayed MP.

Polling - so, pinch of salt - suggests she's going to hold on. Somehow she's much more popular than the Greens on the council there, who aren't.

Whit? Caol Isla shut?

He had to suspend his campaign for the death of his father.

Have to agree with you charon, Jim Murphy I think is a dead cert to have the "brave but defeated" look on the night, followed closely by his arrest after running down Sauchiehall Street naked screaming "Whit aboot ma outstanding expenses claims, ya bass?"

• Like 1

He is the proper definition of "a prick".

Of all the Scots Labour lot, I think Douglas Alexander is in the most trouble. A few of the endangered ones have (some) fight about them. Whenever Alexander is asked about the polls, he has this blank look on his face as if to say: "But...I'm the Labour MP...for Paisley. I can't be in trouble!"

Nick Clegg.

Unfortunately current polling suggests Clegg will win again. Labour made the mistake of putting up a serious candidate so people thought about the issues and not Clegg himslef. if they'd have gone with an ass it would be romping home.

Aye, it'll be a bloodbath north of the border alright but all the same, the look on Cameron's face if the expected meltdown doesn't happen would be priceless...

Polling - so, pinch of salt - suggests she's going to hold on. Somehow she's much more popular than the Greens on the council there, who aren't.

The outgoing Green council is not particularly popular in Brighton and a large number of people who seem incapable of separating local politics from Westminster, which might suggest her seat is in danger; however, there's a large student population within the constituency which is generally perceived as being Green, which should work in her favour.

There's also her personal profile - many see her as a breath of fresh air - a different voice from the traditional parties - but on the flipside, some of her 'stunts', such as the anti-fracking arrest and 'No more page 3' t-shirt wearing in the Commons, have had her marked as an attention seeker with little grasp of the 'real issues'.

My feeling (being a local but not in her constituency) is that she'll lose to Labour, but it will be close and there may be a recount.

The Greens will get annihilated in the council elections though.

Of all the Scots Labour lot, I think Douglas Alexander is in the most trouble. A few of the endangered ones have (some) fight about them. Whenever Alexander is asked about the polls, he has this blank look on his face as if to say: "But...I'm the Labour MP...for Paisley. I can't be in trouble!"

I thought that the other Alexander (the Danny variety) is the one most likely to get creamed.

One omission from the list is Jeremy Hunt where the Lib Dem candidate has suspended their campaign to support the NHS candidate.

I thought that the other Alexander (the Danny variety) is the one most likely to get creamed.

One omission from the list is Jeremy Hunt where the Lib Dem candidate has suspended their campaign to support the NHS candidate.

Hmm, that would be a Portillo Moment indeed! Hunt got 59% of the vote last time, though, I really couldn't include him. But any and all additions and contenders are welcome and will qualify for the final round-up after the people have their say.

I am not sure Salmond or Farage will get in.

Carswell looks safe.

Nick Clegg improved his chances with a good showing in the debates.

Hmm, that would be a Portillo Moment indeed! Hunt got 59% of the vote last time, though, I really couldn't include him. But any and all additions and contenders are welcome and will qualify for the final round-up after the people have their say.

The Portillo moment with DOUGLAS Alexander will doubtless be given some strength by the fact he'll be beaten by a 20 year old.