RadGuy

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark

There's been a lot of talk about her on the Queen Beatrix thread.

Why can she die soon?

- She's a chain smoker.

- Her dad lived to be 72.

Why can she live much longer?

- She's "only" 75.

- As a royal, she'll probably get quality health care. Especially since it's Denmark.

- Her mum lived to be 90.

• Like 1

So you started a thread why again?

SC

75 year old chainsmoker and highly notable. Seems an appropriate thread to have.

• Like 2

Guest ddadssd

I say the hubby Prince Henrik, 80, goes first. Then I think she will be very sad and die. Probably she will die before her 80th birthday.

75 year old chainsmoker and highly notable. Seems an appropriate thread to have.

I'll just list all 75+ yr kids who smoke.

SC

Here's the latest picture of her, looking well, unveiling a portrait of herself made from fabric pillows. (Is there any other kind?): https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billedbladet.dk%2Fkongelige%2Fdanmark%2Fdronning-margrethe-fik-et-portraet-af-stofpuder&edit-text=&act=url

I've lost count of the number of fags I've had over the years since I was 14 but I waited until It was legal before I started to smoke at the age of 16; unlike the former, the latter was a big mistake.

• Like 2

I'm 14, and I had my first cigarette about half a year or more ago. I don't smoke very often, but I don't mind the occasional cig. Haven't had one since July, though.

I'm 14, and I had my first cigarette about half a year or more ago. I don't smoke very often, but I don't mind the occasional cig. Haven't had one since July, though.

It's a slippery slope- you'll be smoking crack by Christmas.

• Like 3

It's a slippery slope- you'll be smoking crack by Christmas.

It's ok, as long as he doesn't drink milk. That inevitably leads to alcoholism.

• Like 3

I've had about three cigerattes in my life - I hated the taste of them and as such have never been suckered back in. I also hate the taste of most alcohol but somehow that doesn't stop me drinking moderately and infrequently.

I'm fast coming to the conclusion alcoholic, smokers and the obese should be charged for their hospital treatment.

I'm fast coming to the conclusion alcoholic, smokers and the obese should be charged for their hospital treatment.

Fine with me, if we charge for treating sports injuries and VD as well.

• Like 1

What about obese people who get sports injuries? Surely we don't want to discourage the fatties.

What about obese people who get sports injuries? Surely we don't want to discourage the fatties.

John-Hederson.jpg

As long as "Big" John Henderson is safe, I'm good.

Some big men have very slender wrists, you know. All that torque going into the dart? Could end in disaster...

She has announced that her consort, Prince Henrik, is to retire from public duties and only attend public events to a limited extent. http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/75594225/prince-henrik-consort-of-denmarks-queen-margrethe-retires

Sounds like it is age related rather than health, but have we all been cats looking at a Queen (instead of a consort)?

She has announced that her consort, Prince Henrik, is to retire from public duties and only attend public events to a limited extent. http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/75594225/prince-henrik-consort-of-denmarks-queen-margrethe-retires

Sounds like it is age related rather than health, but have we all been cats looking at a Queen (instead of a consort)?

Why don't European Royals realise its a job for life? You don't get to retire. You've got to put up with adoring, idiotic members of the public until death! Thats the deal for the life of luxury they live.

Real Queen's and consorts will still be undertaking such painful duties as 90 and 95 respectively...

Interesting I picked him in some of my lists!

http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/danish-royal-family/danish-royal-expert-predict-that-queen-margrethe-will-abdicate-74750

Rumours she is preparing to abdicate. Maybe not for health reasons, but perhaps one to watch?

Unlikely. The Danes seem to treat it the way we do, job for life. She'd be breaking tradition if she abdicated.

http://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/danish-royal-family/danish-royal-expert-predict-that-queen-margrethe-will-abdicate-74750

Rumours she is preparing to abdicate. Maybe not for health reasons, but perhaps one to watch?

Unlikely. The Danes seem to treat it the way we do, job for life. She'd be breaking tradition if she abdicated.

I personally agree, I don't think she will abdicate, although if she does then I think she'd be one to watch. Then again, if Prince Henrik goes first (keeping in mind he's 82) then I think she could potentially follow soon after him.

• Like 1

Who knows, even Popes abdicate nowadays.

5 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://au.be.yahoo.com/lifestyle/real-life/a/38344571/princess-mary-to-become-queen-of-denmark-in-2018/

This time the rumours about an imminent abdication do include speculation about her health including the fact she cancelled or cut short a UK visit because of her health problems. 

I get that's an Australian site, but they have virtually ignored Crown Prince Frederik, who is the actual heir to the throne! 

He'll be the King.  Princess Mary will become Queen but only as a consort. 

• Like 2