Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo

During the 2010 parliament there were 21 By-elections caused by death, crimianal activity, defection and just pissing off back to New York to be with your hubby.

If anyone is up for it I am willing to organise a game of by-election bingo.

Just pick 30 MPs who you think might depart their seat before 2020 and I will keep score

Death = 30 points

Crimianl activity - 20 points

Resignation - 10 points (reducing to 5 if they defect and regain their seat)

The will be 10 point bonuses for unique picks and a 25 point bonus for the by-elction that wipes out the tory majority and 50 point bonus if the by-election results brings down the government.

Be warned this will try our patience as you will need to invest 5 years to play but what the hell we watch Zsa Zsa Gabor.

PM me with your teams. As this will take a lot of research I will give you until 30 June to have them all lined up.

Edited by DevonDeathTrip
Posts moved to new thread
  • Like 8

Sounds cool. I'll have a think on a list.

Deffo up for searching 650 constituency MPs - just after I recover from the all nighter on May 7th. I'm still tired!

Meantime, I see David Miliband has waded in, complaining that Labour didn't make itself even more indistinguishable from the Conservatives. Nice.

I love the politicians deadpool idea.

I'm in .

Bagsy Gerald Kaufmann...

• Like 1

Bagsy Gerald Kaufmann...

He'll be on everyone's lists.

But then, he's still going and then Jim Dobbin dobbed off getting drunk on Polish spirits. Thats the lottery of death for you.

• Like 1

^

Count me in too. I like the idea of a pool spread out over more than one year, with resignations as well as death to consider.

I might well select Mhari Black, aged twenty, the youngest MP by some distance, on the basis that her new found celebrity and tender years may contribute towards her making some unwise decisions which could even prompt a resignation, such dabbling in drugs, sleeping with the wrong people, or saying something incredibly stupid. These are all perfectly normal activities for your average twenty year old, however as a Scottish Nationalist MP who may be seen as a soft target by the media, she'll need to watch her back.

While the Tory victory is almost too depressing to contemplate, considering it from a dead pooling point of view, there is the possibility that mortality rates may rise...

CEeJhkSW0AAzdZb.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe in, unless I go back to work soon, but will ukips Farewell see the start?

Their only mp, gets £650,000 due to votes for backroom staff and the party told him to hire 15 folk :lol: , he rightly has told the party to fuck off, but that means he's a contender.

Bagsy Gerald Kaufmann...

He was my M.P when I was a student. I never met him but heard some, erm, interesting stories about him.

Count me in for bingo bi-election too.

MP DP sounds great. Some of the old tories are really going to feel the strain when the whips put the screws on to keep turning up despite their age/infirmity. Bill Cash is 75 for mort's sake!

Bagsy Gerald Kaufmann...

But then, he's still going and then Jim Dobbin dobbed off getting drunk on Polish spirits. Thats the lottery of death for you.

I cannot recall any Father of the House dying whilst holding the post.

Bagsy Gerald Kaufmann...

They haven't since the Great War at least (I got bored checking by that point), but Kaufman is much older than any of the previous ones in the last century bar Winston Churchill.

Bagsy Gerald Kaufmann...

They haven't since the Great War at least (I got bored checking by that point), but Kaufman is much older than any of the previous ones in the last century bar Winston Churchill.

There we have it Gerald Kaufman's determination vs Deathlister's wishful thinking.

Who are we kidding we can't even push Zsa Zsa over the edge.

In fairness, I don't think Kaufman will last the Parliament but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll die. He does, after all, have a very safe Labour seat, and one can immediately think of someone else who might be parachuted in there before long. Someone who might have made a balls up of their election recently.

In fairness, I don't think Kaufman will last the Parliament but that doesn't necessarily mean he'll die. He does, after all, have a very safe Labour seat, and one can immediately think of someone else who might be parachuted in there before long. Someone who might have made a balls up of their election recently.

I disagree I think he comes from the I have been elected to do this job for five years and will morally see the parliament out unless he is infirm and could no longer do it to the best of his ability.

If there is a safe labour seat going I do not see it as a shoe in there is someone else who might cause a bit of brother bother.

I disagree I think he comes from the I have been elected to do this job for five years and will morally see the parliament out unless he is infirm and could no longer do it to the best of his ability.

If there is a safe labour seat going I do not see it as a shoe in there is someone else who might cause a bit of brother bother.

On that note, Twitter rumours suggest I was thinking of the wrong Labour safe seat. Ahem.

Guest Captain Nice

Can some mod please cram this sodding contest into its own thread? So fucking annoying. Tories' shock majority is easily the biggest political story since Fatcher died and I was looking forward to seeing more people's opinions and reactions trickle in but now the thread's been hijacked by something else. "bibliogryphon's by-election contest" or whateve.r fucks sake.

Can some mod please cram this sodding contest into its own thread? So fucking annoying. Tories' shock majority is easily the biggest political story since Fatcher died and I was looking forward to seeing more people's opinions and reactions trickle in but now the thread's been hijacked by something else. "bibliogryphon's by-election contest" or whateve.r fucks sake.

Hmmmmmm. Let me think........................ No. We're only discussing the possible options. When the contest is about to begin, I'm sure Bibliogryphon will open a thread for it. Now, crawl back under your stone.

BTW Bibliogryphon, is this contest open to members only or will guests be allowed to enter?

• Like 2

Hmmmmmm. Let me think........................ No. We're only discussing the possible options. When the contest is about to begin, I'm sure Bibliogryphon will open a thread for it. Now, crawl back under your stone.

BTW Bibliogryphon, is this contest open to members only or will guests be allowed to enter?

I would hope that anyone who would want to play would decide to be a member because it would limit the discussion if the winner was Guest_Guest. I think the thread would become full of anti-guest bile. However if they had an amusing team name I would let them play.

Point taken I think we have enough interest for the new thread to start.

If when I open the thread a kind and obliging mod could do the honours re moving approriate posts it would be most appreciated.

Please can all entries be submitted by 30th June 2015.

Let me have any questions.

Be prepared for the long haul.

Should we nominate a Joker? What happens if MP dies before 30 June? Should we have a sub in case?

I'm about halfway through, should be able to PM in a day or so. B)

I am not going down the joker route. If an MP dies I will ask any players who have picked them for a sub but I will also indicate (after the game starts) who picked them just for the Kudos.

I have mine in rough better get it on before anyone sends me a team which may influence me.

• Like 1

How many nominees can we have?Also is this only for MP`s who die on office or can it be just if they resign and trigger a by-election?

Do we get bonus points for getting the reason right?