Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo

Wonder how many more Labour MP's will jump ship.

According to The Daily Telegraph, there's still a few to come yet.

Other journalists are also saying they think more will follow.I would say the odds are high.I wonder how many it would take for Corbyn to say sod it and throw in the towel.

Chuka Ummuna, hopefully.

Michael Dugher and Rachel Reeves, perhaps.

• Like 3

Other journalists are also saying they think more will follow.I would say the odds are high.I wonder how many it would take for Corbyn to say sod it and throw in the towel.

Chuka Ummuna, hopefully.

Chuka won`t as he will see himself as a potential successor if 2020 is an epic failure.Dugher or Reeves wouldn`t surprise me.I also reckon next one could be Smeeth Kevan Jones or Pat McFadden.

The entire party.

I can definitely see him standing back and watching dozens of people go.

Chuka Ummuna, hopefully.

Chuka won`t as he will see himself as a potential successor if 2020 is an epic failure.Dugher or Reeves wouldn`t surprise me.I also reckon next one could be Smeeth Kevan Jones or Pat McFadden.

Lord help us!

Fair point on McFadden and co, I was trying to think of the Core Hostile group. Cooper, Creasy, etc seem more likely to play the long game imo.

All you need to look at is when practically the whole Shadow Cabinet resigned and he floated around seemingly unfazed. I could be wrong, but I don't think Corbyn will resign until after General Election battle, one which he most certainly will lose. Still fail to see how he can have the audacity to be upset when people rebel against his leadership whilst he has spent practically his entire parliamentary career as a rebel, going against the whip over 400 times.

Here's another article suggesting more walkouts, by the way.

• Like 1

UKIP on course to easily win stoke from Labour .

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/758428/Ukip-Paul-Nuttall-Stoke-Central-by-election

As i said before looks like death of a thousand cuts for the labour party .

Labour are bleeding votes to UKIP, Tories , lib dems and now losing seats to UKIP and tories on top of the seats they lost to SNP . There is a civil war going on in the party , some support article 50 and others don't. A deeply unpopular leader . The only positive is corbyn brought alot of far left and youth voters to labour . The problem with that though is they're very unreliable at getting out and voting and many might simply leave , lose interest or vote green once corbyn goes and a more moderate leader takes charge . Politics is being reshaped in the UK and labour looks increasingly like the odd one out .

Nobody has picked Andy Burnham which is going to make the Manchester Mayoral election in May much less interesting.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/758428/Ukip-Paul-Nuttall-Stoke-Central-by-election

Labour are bleeding votes to UKIP, Tories , lib dems and now losing seats to UKIP and tories on top of the seats they lost to SNP . There is a civil war going on in the party , some support article 50 and others don't. A deeply unpopular leader . The only positive is corbyn brought alot of far left and youth voters to labour . The problem with that though is they're very unreliable at getting out and voting and many might simply leave , lose interest or vote green once corbyn goes and a more moderate leader takes charge . Politics is being reshaped in the UK and labour looks increasingly like the odd one out .

Unfortunately the far left and youth have difficulties engaging with the working class core vote (who care not for global warming and Aleppo).TRUMPIP are far better at finding short sharp resonating messages. Labour don't seem willing to listen to their core constituency and work with them to address their real needs eg jobs with decent pay.

Unfortunately the far left and youth have difficulties engaging with the working class core vote (who care not for global warming and Aleppo).TRUMPIP are far better at finding short sharp resonating messages. Labour don't seem willing to listen to their core constituency and work with them to address their real needs eg jobs with decent pay.

Aye, frankly a pretty astute assessment coming from a flightless seabird

• Like 1

I do think Labour are, to put it succinctly, a bit fucked just now, but theres more pressure on UKIP for this by-election imo. Everyone and their dog expects Labour to lose, but if UKIP can't win a seat here in the most favourable conditions for them, might as well stick a fork in their electability.

• Like 3

I do think Labour are, to put it succinctly, a bit fucked just now, but theres more pressure on UKIP for this by-election imo. Everyone and their dog expects Labour to lose, but if UKIP can't win a seat here in the most favourable conditions for them, might as well stick a fork in their electability.

Aye, or warn Deathlist cup players first and then stick a fork in their electricity!

Aye, or warn Deathlist cup players first and then stick a fork in their electricity!

Labour haven't picked a candidate yet. If their selection criteria isn't did you vote for Brexit and can you name Stoke City's starting 11 last week they are really fucked.

Labour haven't picked a candidate yet. If their selection criteria isn't did you vote for Brexit and can you name Stoke City's starting 11 last week they are really fucked.

Could this be Ed Balls opportunity for a comeback?

They've picked an anti-Brexit, anti-Corbyn chap. I've forgotten his name already.

Jezza's decision to impose a three-line whip because he is the only man left on the planet who still believes in a Lexit surely going to see a few more Labour seats become "available" in the upcoming months.

Jezza's decision to impose a three-line whip because he is the only man left on the planet who still believes in a Lexit surely going to see a few more Labour seats become "available" in the upcoming months.

Rumours of an unofficial militant campaign by backbenchers to resign their seats every couple of weeks.

Rumours of an unofficial militant campaign by backbenchers to resign their seats every couple of weeks.

Which, as campaigns go, is possibly the stupidest one in some time. "Oh I know what will weaken Jeremy, making him lose our seat to UKIP so that when he's finally gone the party will be bleeding from a whole lot of self-inflicted bullets and we'll have shown that we can lose anywhere!"

Might as well drill a few holes at the bottom of the lifeboat, what's the worst that can happen?

Which, as campaigns go, is possibly the stupidest one in some time. "Oh I know what will weaken Jeremy, making him lose our seat to UKIP so that when he's finally gone the party will be bleeding from a whole lot of self-inflicted bullets and we'll have shown that we can lose anywhere!"

Might as well drill a few holes at the bottom of the lifeboat, what's the worst that can happen?

Totally agree actually think the Lib Dems could beat Labour in the next election at this rate, wonder what odds i'd get on that...

Totally agree actually think the Lib Dems could beat Labour in the next election at this rate, wonder what odds i'd get on that...

Remain MPs in Remain voting constituencies may be weighing up their options. The problem is the members of the Labour Party aren't the core voters so if Jezza admits he's useless and goes some other disconnected loon will replace him. Another new, or a Remain coalition, party, might be the only option.

Remain MPs in Remain voting constituencies may be weighing up their options. The problem is the members of the Labour Party aren't the core voters so if Jezza admits he's useless and goes some other disconnected loon will replace him. Another new, or a Remain coalition, party, might be the only option.

To be honest I think a lot of people who voted for Jeremy Corbyn have already lost faith in him. I speak as one of them. I voted for him in the first leadership election (wasn't allowed to in the second one but would have voted for Owen Smith so the PLP shot themselves in the foot on that one), took me until about half way through the period between those elections to realise what a false messiah he was.

To be honest I think a lot of people who voted for Jeremy Corbyn have already lost faith in him. I speak as one of them. I voted for him in the first leadership election (wasn't allowed to in the second one but would have voted for Owen Smith so the PLP shot themselves in the foot on that one), took me until about half way through the period between those elections to realise what a false messiah he was.

He's a very naughty boy.
  • Like 1

Aye, all the more ironic because the man imposing the three line whip is one of the most reliable Labour rebels with regard to the party whip

A discussion on that was enjoyed at work today wherein one of those involved suggested there might actually be a strategic move on this and those most opposed to Jezza might engineer a resignation of a seat that would be the likeliest shoo-in for UKIP (assuming of course Paul Nuttall doesn't storm the one they're currently contesting).

That'd put Jezza in a really difficult position.

Jezza is unfortunately clueless. He can't see what's happening and will drive on regardless of whether he crashes or not.