Bibliogryphon

By-Election Bingo

Jezza is unfortunately clueless. He can't see what's happening and will drive on regardless of whether he crashes or not.

Indeed - the lack of Jezzafeed in general on the rolling 24 hour news speaks volumes. He has less to say than most previous opposition leaders and what he does offer doesn't seem to be taken too seriously.

Seems like we picked a great time to start this  . Is it just me or has there been more by-elections than usual during this 2015 - 2020 cycle.

4 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Umm....not quite everyone. Knew my smugness would come back to bite me. Congrats to LITERALLY everyone else.

At least you got there first before I did a stand and point post.

Dennis Skinner has the next highest number of picks.

On 13/01/2017 at 10:52, Bibliogryphon said:

Update for Gerald Kaufman

70 Points

RockHopperPenguin

The Engineer

Voice of Young Maryport

Time

60 Points

Bibliogryphon

Shaun of the Dead

Rotton Ali

The Dead Cow

50 Points

MPFC

Deathray

Rover and Out

40 Points

Handrejka

Msc

Manuel

30 Points

Young Willz

Sir Creep

Phantom

Everyone has points.

• Like 1

Aww FFS! Young Maryport back joint top - doubtless that will be raised when he Skypes us tonight.

• Like 1

I have a bad feeling that Dennis Skinner is going to be one of these c***s who's around until he's 90 odd.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aww FFS! Young Maryport back joint top - doubtless that will be raised when he Skypes us tonight.

Fuck Skyping tonight, I'm bragging here & now (Just as soon as I stop this nosebleed).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Everyone has points.

Yo, power to the Penguin 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, time said:

Fuck Skyping tonight, I'm bragging here & now (Just as soon as I stop this nosebleed).

No Skyping tonight because he played 5-a-side with his workmates and opted for a post-game pint having bashed in the winner in the dying seconds.

So he'll be lording it tomorrow, then - unless a couple of sitting MPs die first and I overtake him!

This might have been useful to know before picking our teams...

• Like 1

I believe I've mentioned it before? Last Tory MP to die in office was Eric Forth in 2006. This is a by-product of the 1997 landslide, it wiped out a whole lot of the old Tory guard and they've been replaced by Blairite/Thatcherite 40 year old clones.

• Like 2

Young Maryport was telling me that the only reason Kaufman was father of the house was that he was a few minutes ahead of Ken Clark in being sworn in in 1970 - having asked Clark and a few others to go later because he (Kaufman) had a lunch date.

15 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Young Maryport was telling me that the only reason Kaufman was father of the house was that he was a few minutes ahead of Ken Clark in being sworn in in 1970 - having asked Clark and a few others to go later because he (Kaufman) had a lunch date.

Aye, and Dennis Skinner went the next day. He's now 2nd in line, and given his long held views about the post he's probably cursing Meacher's heart right about now.

33 minutes ago, msc said:

Aye, and Dennis Skinner went the next day. He's now 2nd in line, and given his long held views about the post he's probably cursing Meacher's heart right about now.

I don't think Skinner is ever going to be in that situation, Clarke isn't going anywhere soon and I doubt an 88 year old Dennis Skinner will be standing for re-election in 2020

He gets to step in now, if Clarke is busy, ill or otherwise indisposed when duties are needed to be exercised.

12 hours ago, msc said:

He gets to step in now, if Clarke is busy, ill or otherwise indisposed when duties are needed to be exercised.

And, it would be funny if Dennis Skinner was the main player in selecting the next speaker!

Spectre of Election re-runs after Electoral Commission fine the Tories for accounting irregularities.

On a side note, £70,000 fine? What incentive is that to a political party worth millions to stop effectively rigging elections in certain areas?

Anyway, look forward to the named and shamed MPs being put to the vote.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 13:17, YoungWillz said:

Spectre of Election re-runs after Electoral Commission fine the Tories for accounting irregularities.

On a side note, £70,000 fine? What incentive is that to a political party worth millions to stop effectively rigging elections in certain areas?

Anyway, look forward to the named and shamed MPs being put to the vote.

Wasn't really their fault though, was it? The party's high command organised the campaign in question. The MPs in the top target seats didn't ask for the BattleBus to come their way. It was sent their way whether they wanted it or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Wasn't really their fault though, was it? The party's high command organised the campaign in question. The MPs in the top target seats didn't ask for the BattleBus to come their way. It was sent their way whether they wanted it or not.

Hmm, tell that to anyone who has been convicted of being an accessory (not handbags etc) or for us Scots, art and part....

Does any list boast George Osborne?

Doubtless will be taunted with the twin horrors of ironic revivals of the "all in it together" mantra and rumblings of de-selection. Boundary of his constituency up for a re-draw is the only minor excuse he can muster in return.

Might well be off before the general election by the time the press are done with him

As said before, possible election re-runs, manifesto promises that simply look like they are being breached every fortnight? This really has the whiff that this game will be over and a General Election called this year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

As said before, possible election re-runs, manifesto promises that simply look like they are being breached every fortnight? This really has the whiff that this game will be over and a General Election called this year.

Doubtless just in time for Young Maryport's next visit home to treat the place like a hotel and remind his dad of the current score on this thread.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Doubtless just in time for Young Maryport's next visit home to treat the place like a hotel and remind his dad of the current score on this thread.

Ah, the old "going to home to see the parents for a holiday" trick.