Russian martial arts champion Irina Rybnikova, only 15 years old, dies of electrocution from her mobile phone in the bathtub - it was being charged:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2810277-martial-arts-champ-irina-rybnikova-dies-at-age-15-after-being-electrocuted

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

MMA champion Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic retires at 44 after a stroke:

https://www.cbssports.com/mma/news/legendary-mma-fighter-mirko-cro-cop-filipovic-forced-to-retire-at-44-after-suffering-a-stroke/

He must refrain from physical activity for 3 monhts and take his medication to avoid another stroke.

Professional since 1996 - the 23 years are like a century in MMA?

Former UFC strawweight Angela Magana is in a coma, her coach confirmed to MMA Junkie early Wednesday morning.

Magana, 35, is in a coma at University Hospital in San Juan, Puerto Rico, where she lives, following complications from emergency surgery. Early Tuesday morning, Magana posted on Facebook and Twitter that she was "about to be put in a gown and cap for surgery."
SC

On 16/08/2017 at 15:57, Sir Creep said:

No mention of the Matt Hughes near fatal train/truck collision earlier this year?  Mm hmm....
Hate to burst your secretive bubble, but he's out of his coma and eating sushi.

SC

Getting better but still quite a bit from full recovery.  His wife, who filed for divorce from him, and twin brother both have restraining orders against him as well

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wee Jum said:

Getting better but still quite a bit from full recovery.  His wife, who filed for divorce from him, and twin brother both have restraining orders against him as well

Sounds like he was better off lost in a coma.

2 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Ex-MMA fighter Katy Collins dies age 32  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-49837890

Saw that and forgot to post it yesterday. Aneurysm, apparently, dunno if anyone's suggested is career/performance drug related yet, certainly not on that report

Branko Cikatic, the first ever K1 World Champion and the guy who put Croatia on the kickboxing map, dead at 65. Only went 0-2 in actual MMA (two losses in Pride), he later attempted to make it in Hollywood. I'm sure, judging by the poster, Skyscraper (1996) is a fantastic film

MV5BZWUyYmIzMjYtNDFiNy00OTBiLTk2NjUtYThk

• Haha 1

Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, MMA trainer and father of UFC champ Khabib Nurmagomedov, dead at 57. I'm sure he was on a few longlists for 2021...

Fedor Emelianenko hospitalised with COVID-19.

Well, in the DDP I'm doing pretty badly at this title defence thing. I will get more hits, maybe even one more QO for my LotL-ers.

But to achieve another big success I'd need a Suzy Friton hit, I think.

She's been "healing" for months now in a way that sounds like she was near death a couple of times. New Instagram post (first new post in over a month):

The industry chatter has me optimistic about a QO. There seems to be a possibility to honor her in about a week, so the "MMA stars pay tribute" stories might take that time. Apparently, she was 37 at time of death. 

Edit: Ah yes, next UFC fight night, in Las Vegas, which is good, is on the 18th/19th.

Sean Gannon, a former UFC fighter and the first man to beat Kimbo Slice in a street fight, has died. His cage career was short-lived, but the street fight lives on, even if neither Slice nor he still do.

https://cagesidepress.com/2021/09/11/former-ufc-fighter-sean-gannon-first-man-to-beat-kimbo-slice-in-street-fight-dies/

• Like 2

On 10/09/2021 at 09:41, gcreptile said:

The industry chatter has me optimistic about a QO. There seems to be a possibility to honor her in about a week, so the "MMA stars pay tribute" stories might take that time. Apparently, she was 37 at time of death. 

Edit: Ah yes, next UFC fight night, in Las Vegas, which is good, is on the 18th/19th.

Well, before the likely official tribute at the next UFC fight night, there's also this:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/ufc-fighters-staff-mourn-death-170004006.html

On 10/09/2021 at 09:41, gcreptile said:

Apparently, she was 37 at time of death. 

Nope, don't trust the obituary clickbait sites. The UFC twitter account (finally) says she was born in 1967. I had my doubts about the younger age anyway, but hard to tell with a make up artist who also liked to use extreme photo filters. The correction (-1 point for me) will come later.

4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Nope, don't trust the obituary clickbait sites. The UFC twitter account (finally) says she was born in 1967. I had my doubts about the younger age anyway, but hard to tell with a make up artist who also liked to use extreme photo filters. The correction (-1 point for me) will come later.

Not 37 but 54? Surely -2 doubled to -4 for uniqueness?

:lol:

I don't know, it's been so long since I had any points.

Heh, no just from 10+4, to 9+4.