The Unknown Man

The 6Th Death Of 2015

The 6th Death of 2015  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was researching Nash, CLee, Reagan, Dole, and Kerkorian a couple weeks ago, cuz I wanted some reason to include them next year. Four hours later Nash died; two weeks and Christopher Lee dies. Of the three remaining, Kerkorian is older than dirt.

I vote Kirk.

SC

• Like 1

Helmut Kohl!!!

Herr Kohl for me

Bhumibol has my vote!

Fidel Castro to continue the big summer of famous deaths.

Refuse to give up on Mugabe. Despite the fact that there is zero empirical evidence that anybody "gets what was coming to them" and that I have failed to correctly predict his death at attempts 1 though 5....

• Like 2

I think Peter Sallis, no evidence just seems to fit with Moody and Lee.

Hoping for Kohl

Vera Lynn.

Don't worry though V, we'll meet again some sunny day!

Refuse to give up on Mugabe. Despite the fact that there is zero empirical evidence that anybody "gets what was coming to them" and that I have failed to correctly predict his death at attempts 1 though 5....

The bastard might still be breathing but his currency has turned up its toes http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/12/zimbabwe-offers-new-exchange-rate-1-for-35000000000000000-old-dollars

The big summer of famous deaths?

B.B.King, John Nash, Christopher Lee and other people who were very good at what they did, and many people consider them to be famous, but aren't REALLY famous because 90% of today's uneducated society has never heard of them.

B.B.King, John Nash, Christopher Lee and other people who were very good at what they did, and many people consider them to be famous, but aren't REALLY famous because 90% of today's uneducated society has never heard of them.

More people are likely to have heard of Lee, as he did feature prominently in the Star Wars and LOTR franchises

I bet at least 90% of people know who he is!

• Like 1

Dusty Rhodes and charles kennedy too. Though i guess charles kennedy would only be a big death in the UK. That's one hell of a list and the summer has only just started ;) .

Dusty Rhodes and charles kennedy too. Though i guess charles kennedy would only be a big death in the UK. That's one hell of a list and the summer has only just started ;) .

Tariq Aziz and Ruth Rendell too within the last month.

Of course, every year seems to have a large cull of big names as we get older.

eg

2014 - Eusebio, Sharon, Schell, Aragones, Seeger, Hoffman, Temple, Rooney, Ramis, Benn, Marquez, Townsend, Hoskins, Giger, Mayall, Kasem, Wallach, Garner, Di Stefano, Williams, Bacall, Attenborough, Rivers, Kiel, Paisley, Whitlam, Bruce, Cocker, Rainer

2013 - Winner, Chavez, Achebe, Griffiths, Ebert, Thatcher, Andreotti, Harryhausen, Gandolfini, Banks, Matheson, Mel Smith, Heaney, Frost, Norton, Clancy, Metsu, Reed, Lessing, Mandela, O'Toole, Fontaine, Biggs

2012 - Etta James, Gazzara, Houston, Davy Jones, Sendak, Summer, Gibb, Megrahi, Ephron, Shamir, Bradbury, Borgnine, Lord, Ride, Binchy, Vidal, Diller, Armstrong, Hal David, Michael Clarke Duncan, Lom, Andy Williams, Hagman, Brubeck, Shankar, Patrick Moore, Klugman, Gerry Anderson.

2009 (a former posters "Summer of Death"), for perspective: McGoohan, Montalban, Updike, Silver, Richardson, Ballard, DeLuise, Eddings, Carradine, Fawcett, Jackson, Malden, Cronkite, McCourt, Robson, Aquino, John Hughes, Les Paul, Ted Kennedy, Swayze, Todd, Brittany Murphy

(Just counting folk one would assume were world famous and not big names in their own country like Lloyd-Pack, Fred Phelps and Clive Dunn and so on, too...)

The more things change...

• Like 1

eg

2014 - Eusebio, Sharon, Schell, Aragones, Seeger, Hoffman, Temple, Rooney, Ramis, Benn, Marquez, Townsend, Hoskins, Giger, Mayall, Kasem, Wallach, Garner, Di Stefano, Williams, Bacall, Attenborough, Rivers, Kiel, Paisley, Whitlam, Bruce, Cocker, Rainer

2013 - Winner, Chavez, Achebe, Griffiths, Ebert, Thatcher, Andreotti, Harryhausen, Gandolfini, Banks, Matheson, Mel Smith, Heaney, Frost, Norton, Clancy, Metsu, Reed, Lessing, Mandela, O'Toole, Fontaine, Biggs

2012 - Etta James, Gazzara, Houston, Davy Jones, Sendak, Summer, Gibb, Megrahi, Ephron, Shamir, Bradbury, Borgnine, Lord, Ride, Binchy, Vidal, Diller, Armstrong, Hal David, Michael Clarke Duncan, Lom, Andy Williams, Hagman, Brubeck, Shankar, Patrick Moore, Klugman, Gerry Anderson.

2009 (a former posters "Summer of Death"), for perspective: McGoohan, Montalban, Updike, Silver, Richardson, Ballard, DeLuise, Eddings, Carradine, Fawcett, Jackson, Malden, Cronkite, McCourt, Robson, Aquino, John Hughes, Les Paul, Ted Kennedy, Swayze, Todd, Brittany Murphy

(Just counting folk one would assume were world famous and not big names in their own country like Lloyd-Pack, Fred Phelps and Clive Dunn and so on, too...)

all years have big deaths and as they are more stars alive at an old age the names will only get bigger i-e when al pancio and paul maccarty they will probably make headlines

eg

all years have big deaths and as they are more stars alive at an old age the names will only get bigger i-e when al pancio and paul maccarty they will probably make headlines

I remember the summer 2009 on here fawcett and jackson dying on the same day neither one of them were on the deathlist still the site was jammed. I kept on getting exceeding bandwidth limit and every 5 mins managing to read the site , I think that was the most people that had ever been on this site at that time. I know when thatcher died it overtook it.

I wonder if zsa zsa and fidel died on the same day would they set a new record of people online.

• Like 1

More people are likely to have heard of Lee, as he did feature prominently in the Star Wars and LOTR franchises

I guess many people must've heard about Nash as well, as he was the protagonist of a blockbuster (The Beautiful Mind, grossing over $300M worldwide).

I guess many people must've heard about Nash as well, as he was the protagonist of a blockbuster (The Beautiful Mind, grossing over $300M worldwide).

Okay, okay, I get it. I was exaggerating. Either way, I'm still pretty sure many people forgot who Nash was and needed to be reminded that he was that schizo from the movie who was pretty good at math, and I also reckon that many young people have never heard of B.B. But whatever.

Okay, okay, I get it. I was exaggerating. Either way, I'm still pretty sure many people forgot who Nash was and needed to be reminded that he was that schizo from the movie who was pretty good at math, and I also reckon that many young people have never heard of B.B. But whatever.

But BB was at Glasto in 2011.

eg

I remember the summer 2009 on here fawcett and jackson dying on the same day neither one of them were on the deathlist still the site was jammed. I kept on getting exceeding bandwidth limit and every 5 mins managing to read the site , I think that was the most people that had ever been on this site at that time. I know when thatcher died it overtook it.

I wonder if zsa zsa and fidel died on the same day would they set a new record of people online.

nah what would be the perfect combination is Fidel Castro and Kirk Douglas

I just doubled Dennis Norden's support.