RadGuy

Shadow Lists

So, as you can see, the Deathlist caught up to me with Nash's death, and now it's far in front of me with the deaths of Lee and Kerkorian :(.

I expect Bhumibol, Mary Tyler Moore to die for sure. But other than that, I'm not getting my hopes up too high. I guess I should get 2-3 more deaths.

How are your lists doing?

• Like 1

2/50 not very good so far.I hope to get afew more though but I almost certainly won`t beat the DeathList.

• Like 1

I was kind of optimistic about beating the Deathlist but now I have no chances pretty much because I'm 2 hits behind, possibly 3 after Kohl dies soon.

• Like 1

Not necessarily I mean Mary Tyler Moore Pope Benedict Muhammad Ali and George Gaynes could well die and help you catch up!

• Like 1

Not necessarily I mean Mary Tyler Moore Pope Benedict Muhammad Ali and George Gaynes could well die and help you catch up!

not geogre gaynes if he lives to next year I'm going to make him my joker
  • Like 1

I was kind of optimistic about beating the Deathlist but now I have no chances pretty much because I'm 2 hits behind, possibly 3 after Kohl dies soon.

lol
  • Like 1

Oops I'm now 4 hits behind.

• Like 1

<---- poor performance from my team, I'm a hit behind now.

That and I was going to put Patrick Macnee on my 2016 Sun Wukong.

• Like 1

Not a great showing from my lot so far.

• Like 1

Should've posted this days ago, but it appears that I've chosen the wrong Dick van.

With Dick van Patten dead, but Dick van Dyke going strong, is there hope?

Anyways, I've noticed some trends in my Personal Deathlist.

My (1)st hit was Abdullah, who was at number (1)0.

My (2)nd hit was Simon, who was at number (2).

My (3)rd hit was Francis George, who was at number (3)0.

My (4)th hit was B.B., who was at number 2(4).

Also, it appears that every second person was a hit for the Deathlist too...

Therfore I can expect hit number (5) to be someone NOT from the Deathlist... therefore either Ayatollah Khamenei at 2(5), Norman Lear at 3(5), Pope Francis at 4(5), or Richard Daley at (5)0.

However, Popey seems that he'll hang around for a few more years (unless a Republican assassinates him for being too liberal)... also, Richard Daley is healthy and only 60-something (I still have no idea why I chose him).

Therefore, I will be waiting for the demise of Iran's Supreme Leader or the Creator of many of my Favorite TV Sitcoms... we'll see if I'm right, or if I just believed that this stupid shit was something other than a coincidence.

Note: I put the numbers in parentheses because I can't put them in bold on my iPad, which I'm using now.

• Like 1

Should've posted this days ago, but it appears that I've chosen the wrong Dick van.

Therfore I can expect hit number (5) to be someone NOT from the Deathlist... therefore either Ayatollah Khamenei at 2(5), Norman Lear at 3(5), Pope Francis at 4(5), or Richard Daley at (5)0.

However, Popey seems that he'll hang around for a few more years (unless a Republican assassinates him for being too liberal)... also, Richard Daley is healthy and only 60-something (I still have no idea why I chose him).

Therefore, I will be waiting for the demise of Iran's Supreme Leader or the Creator of many of my Favorite TV Sitcoms... we'll see if I'm right, or if I just believed that this stupid shit was something other than a coincidence.

Note: I put the numbers in parentheses because I can't put them in bold on my iPad, which I'm using now.

I predict that your fifth hit will be don rickles the man is in his late 80s, overweight and looks really frail
  • Like 1

I predict that your fifth hit will be don rickles the man is in his late 80s, overweight and looks really frail

I'm going to disagree. I've had my eye on Rickles, who I chose two years ago. Every time I think he is a possibility he pops up on TV and seems mentally together. He does NOT look frail for a man of his age, he simply looks his age.

I think there are 50 better picks for 2016 unless we hear some news pushing him onto that list securely.

SC

On May 14th, I got my 4th hit with B.B. King, that was Deathlist's 3rd hit.

Almost 3 months later, I still have 4 hits and Deathlist has 10.

God damn it! :banghead:

5 out of 49 or 10.204% - not bad for August. Hopefully get a couple more by the end of the year.

People I'm considering for 2016 who aren't on my current list (will edit often):

Jimmy Carter

Howard Marks

Oliver Sacks (August 30, 2015)

Brian Sewell (September 19, 2015)

Charlotte Rae

Hosni Mubarak

Robert Mugabe

Leslie Phillips

Peter Sallis

Clive James

Martin Crowe

Desmond Tutu

Helmut Kohl

Helmut Schmidt (November 10, 2015)

Queen Sirikit

Burt Reynolds

Zhou Youguang

Beverly Cleary

Hugh Hefner

Roberta McCain

Ian Brady

Lupita Tovar

Rob Ford

Denis Healey (October 3, 2015)

Denis Norden

Javier Perez de Cuellar

Piet de Jong

David Rockefeller

Tony Booth

Vera Lynn

King Michael I

Prince Takahito

Glen Campbell

Jacques Chirac

Greville Janner (December 19, 2015)

Oskar Groening

Freddie Starr

Douglas Slocombe

Liz Dawn

Sepp Blatter

I. M. Pei

King Salman

Jimmy Hill (December 19, 2015)

Peter Sutcliffe

Lord Carrington

Sinead O'Connor

Cliff Michelmore

Pat Harrington, Jr.

Danielle Darrieux

Michele Morgan

Sad part is many of them will probably die before the end of the year.

People I'm considering for 2016 who aren't on my current list

Jimmy Carter

Howard Marks

Oliver Sacks

Brian Sewell (not sure, he doesn't seem famous enough)

Charlotte Rae

Hosni Mubarak

Robert Mugabe

Leslie Phillips

Peter Sallis

Clive James

Martin Crowe

Helmut Kohl

Sad part is half of them will probably die before the end of the year.

I would say Sewell is easily famous enough.He wouldn`t be known in America but he is a household name over here in Britain.Guaranteed obituary on BBC Telegraph and the Guardian.

• Like 3

On a famousness level, Sewell is better known than Shaw Taylor. Admittedly, I know him best from being pilloried on Dead Ringers...

I think he is probably as famous for withering putdowns as he is for his writing presenting and knowledge of art combined.That and his voice.

He's one of those types like Gyles Brandreth who just look and sound like a boring toff.

• Like 2

I would say he is more entertaining that Giles but definitely the voice and mannerisms are similar.Strangely enough he wasn`t rich growing up I seem to recall reading .I think he was a bastard child. He also reminds me of David Starkey Michael Winner and Jeremy Clarkson in the sense of just saying whatever the fuck he feels like.He was spot on the money when it comes to Damien Hirst and Tracy Emin.I think he called Hirst "Fucking dreadful" which is probably too generous in my opinion.

I agree with him on modern art, but then I think modern art is shit.

"Hey, look, its a can of Irn Bru, but I put a first class stamp on it, after drinking it. It's a deep message and metaphor about the underlying condition, give me ten million, thanks."

• Like 2

I liked Brian Sewell a lot more after watching his TV series where he did a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. It was revealing (in more ways than one) :lol:

He was surprisingly entertaining.

I will defend Giles Brandrath just for the comment he made

Appearing on daytime television in brightly coloured jumpers will not necessarily endear you to people but if you want them to really hate you become a Tory MP.

On Just A Minute he is a joy especially the time they deliberatly didn't ring the bell just to see how long he could go on for.

First Sacks, now Sewell... darn, I'll have to come up with more people for 2016.

• Like 1