Ra Ra Rasputin

Joni Mitchell

She looks fine, I mean, it's not like she had to have her food pureed, is it.

• Haha 1

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 17:35, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

She looks fine, I mean, it's not like she had to have her food pureed, is it.

She looks old and frail - but something of a long shot for 2019 points

• Like 1

Article from November 15th with David Crosby from the Guardian

As for Mitchell’s ill health, Crosby says the two had dinner this summer. “It’s an ongoing struggle with her. She’s having to relearn how to walk and it’s been very difficult, but she’s a very tough girl and I would definitely bet on her.”

Hangin' with Hockney at a gallery opening recently:

52093968_10161539696345438_5690517748040

On 09/10/2019 at 17:03, Spade_Cooley said:

Doubtless she'll be on Joni's case re positive thinking and generally being sassy but - tbh - I'm not sure I'd take dietary advice from Chaka. Just sayin', like.

• Like 2

Just listening to Radio 2 (not my choice obviously....I'm more thrash metal ) . I think its some up and coming singer (Tom Odell?) being interviewed , and he is name dropping. "I was back stage last week with Elton John and Joni Mitchell,,,etc...etc.."

No mention of any health issues . 

I very much doubt that she'll know or care, but Joni has the number one single in the UK this week … Ellie Goulding's faithful rendition of 'River' (from Blue) kept Mariah, Wham! and co at bay and I imagine it'll hang around after all the other seasonal evergreens have fallen off the chart next week. The first Mitchell song to go to the top since 'Woodstock' almost half a century ago. 

Also, way better than some shite about sausage rolls. I suppose Ladbaby has some sponsorship deal with Greggs by now. 

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I very much doubt that she'll know or care, but Joni has the number one single in the UK this week … Ellie Goulding's faithful rendition of 'River' (from Blue) kept Mariah, Wham! and co at bay and I imagine it'll hang around after all the other seasonal evergreens have fallen off the chart next week. The first Mitchell song to go to the top since 'Woodstock' almost half a century ago. 

Also, way better than some shite about sausage rolls. I suppose Ladbaby has some sponsorship deal with Greggs by now. 

She might know - she be getting royalties for it.

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Recent photos of Joni Mitchell at the Vanity Fair Oscars party on Sunday night/early hours Monday. 

I can't help but think that the hair is actually attached to the hat so, when it is removed, she is actually as bald as a badgers arse.

I'm not too keen on the blue curtain wrapped round her either but, hey, with age comes the 'I don't give a fuck what you think, thing.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I can't help but think that the hair is actually attached to the hat so, when it is removed, she is actually as bald as a badgers arse.

I'm not too keen on the blue curtain wrapped round her either but, hey, with age comes the 'I don't give a fuck what you think, thing.

She certainly isn't full on Hollywood vain when you compare her to some of her peers who were at the  oscar parties also with their tight unblemished faces and very expensive and 'perfect ' clothes and dresses!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

She certainly isn't full on Hollywood vain when you compare her to some of her peers who were at the  oscar parties also with their tight unblemished faces and very expensive and 'perfect ' clothes and dresses!

Very true!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

She still has hair if you look at other recent pics. It’s extensions or is simply dyed. 

14 minutes ago, Banana said:

She still has hair if you look at other recent pics. It’s extensions or is simply dyed. 

:facepalm:

She doesn't look like someone at death's door in those photos to me. 

• Like 1

Might get a pick-me-up from reading the third attempt at Rolling Stone Magazine's top 500 albums ever. Blue gets third place, beaten only by What's Going On and Pet Sounds - Joni better than the Beatles, Dylan, Nirvana, Prince and Jay Zee

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-albums-of-all-time-1062063/the-beatles-revolver-2-1063222/

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Might get a pick-me-up from reading the third attempt at Rolling Stone Magazine's top 500 albums ever. Blue gets third place, beaten only by What's Going On and Pet Sounds - Joni better than the Beatles, Dylan, Nirvana, Prince and Jay Zee

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/best-albums-of-all-time-1062063/the-beatles-revolver-2-1063222/

I've got both Blue and Pet Sounds.

They are good but not THAT good!

I’m just mad that the legendary album Trout Mask Replica dropped off the list. :angry:

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I’m just mad that the legendary album Trout Mask Replica dropped off the list. :angry:

D'ya know what - I went through the list and missed that. Amazingly strong on British sounds T.Rex at #188, both Joy Division albums (though Unknown Pleasures gets the nod as the best) and The Smiths and Oasis high enough to be eclipsing some significant American releases. 

But Beefheart was there on merit - I'm guessing it's the use of streaming services and the rest where the smart software behind them keeps offering similar sounds and Beefheart loses because he sounds more unique than most.

9 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I've got both Blue and Pet Sounds.

They are good but not THAT good!

I only listened to Pet Sounds for the first time recently, and didn't get what all the fuss is about.  Thought it was pretty average.

As for Joni Mitchell, I can't listen to her, her voice is excruciating.  Older readers will remember the sound of a blackboard being wiped with a worn-out eraser.

• Shocked 1