Sign in to follow this  
Tuber Mirum

Bad News

Is is just me or does M. de Grey look like the leader of a dubious religious cult.

No, you are right. You both look like the leader of a dubious religious cult.

So this guy's saying we could one day have people living to 1,000, right? Let's hope the pension companies don't get hold of this; they think everyone's living too long as it is.

It'd be a bit of a bummer to flake out on December 31st 2999, though, would't it.

A witty and beautifully timed response to all those unfamilier with Terry Wogan's old gits, Mr Potato.

Is it just me or is Michael Bentine looking a bit peaky these days DWB?

Does Mr De Grey look a bit like Bin Laden ?....So thats where he is...

I wonder how many people did die on Millennium Eve 5 years ago? Where's Mr Stats when you need him!

Obviously quite a few people did, but no-one famous that I can think of. Soul singer Curtis mayfield breathed his last on Boxing Day 1999,

but my souvenir edition of the Times for 1 january 2000 doesn't contain an obituaries.

Guest Fugley
Does Mr De Grey look a bit like Bin Laden ?....So thats where he is...

Bin Laden is non other than "The Jewel Of The Nile"

:(

I wonder how many people did die on Millennium Eve 5 years ago? Where's Mr Stats when you need him!

Obviously quite a few people did, but no-one famous that I can think of. Soul singer Curtis mayfield breathed his last on Boxing Day 1999,

but my souvenir edition of the Times for 1 january 2000 doesn't contain an obituaries.

Clayton Moore, he of Lone Ranger fame, made it to the 28th December, but the only person even remotely famous I can find for the 31st is Elliot Richardson, who was US Attorney General during the Nixon years, and refused to fire Archibald Cox, the Watergate investigator. For his troubles, Nixon fired him.