Sir Creep

Beauty Queens

Former model, actress and producer Samantha Schubert died in Kuala Lumpur on April 25. She was 47.

Schubert, who had pancreatic cancer, was a successful model back in the 1990s and was crowned Miss Malaysia/World in 1991. She then went on to build a career in the local movie industry, starring in films like Red Scorpion 2, Amok and The Red Kebaya, a 2006 production that was directed by her then husband, Oliver Knott.

SC

http://www.star2.com/people/2016/04/25/former-miss-malaysiaworld-samantha-schubert-dies/

• Like 1

Samantha Edwards, the 37-year old former 2003 Miss North Dakota, was found dead in her Minneapolis home at 7:45 a.m. Tuesday.

Autopsy results are expected to be released in the coming days.

SC

http://bringmethenews.com/2016/06/15/loved-ones-share-memories-of-former-miss-north-dakota-found-dead-in-mn/amp/

China Machado, the Shanghai-born supermodel who broke barriers in the fashion industry, died Sunday, Dec. 18, 2016, at a hospital in Brookhaven, New York, according to multiple news sources. She was 87.

Machado – her nickname, China, was pronounced CHEE-na – was the first nonwhite person to appear on the cover of a major U.S. fashion magazine. She broke that barrier in the February 1959 issue of Harper's Bazaar.

SC

http://www.legacy.com/news/celebrity-deaths/notable-deaths/article/china-machado-1928-2016

Venus Ramey, Miss America 1944, and thus a bit of a WW II Idol, and later the first Miss America to win a political campaign, dead at 92:

http://www.dailyindependent.com/news/ashland-born-miss-america-dies-at/article_8934ecdc-60e3-11e7-84b7-6389ab297e4e.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_Ramey

Checking how many Miss Americas are still alive...

1942 (Jo-Carroll Dennison, aged 93)

1940 (Frances Marie Burke, aged 95)

1937 (Bette Cooper, aged 96)

Those are probably the oldest ones.

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Miss America 2018, Cara Mund, was diagnosed with cancer three times:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/north-dakota-cara-mund-wins-america-2018-article-1.3485751

Check that.  Her MOTHER was diagnosed three times.
SC

• Like 1

Meh, half-assed reading will be my downfall. Though I guess the mother is more likely to die, but less obitable.

Moananui Akiwa Manley, the first Māori woman to win Miss New Zealand in 1954, has died aged 82. Additionally, she was the first Kiwi to compete in a Miss Universe competition in 1954. NOTE: The article reporting her death uses the years 1956 and 1957, however this is incorrect.

Here is a photo of her at the competition - she's the one collapsed on the floor.

0BKrHvS.jpg.666d63dc74949fa1800d5b8ea790ad0e.jpg

• Like 2

Miss Michigan Scholarship Pageant executive director Shelley Taylor died Friday, Feb. 2, 2018.

Taylor, 73, of Spring Lake, took over as director of the pageant during June 2006, after Miss Michigan 2006 Angela Corsi was crowned. Taylor then oversaw the crowning of 10 Miss Michigans, one of whom became Miss America. 

Sidebar: Sir Creep has a personalized autographed photo of Miss America from Michigan.

SC

On Tuesday, July 04, 2017 at 13:29, gcreptile said:

I have Bette Cooper on one of my dead pools. 

On 7/4/2017 at 19:29, gcreptile said:

Bette Cooper and Frances Marie Burke both died in December. Earliest surviving Miss America winner is now Jo-Carroll Dennison (1940), aged 94.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bette Cooper and Frances Marie Burke both died in December.

"She caused a stir when she disappeared for some 24 hours after winning the title.   Evidently overwhelmed by what was expected of her, she insisted upon a much lighter schedule than planned by pageant officials so that she could attend college. This led pageant officials to have future contestants sign agreements as to what was expected of the winner."

Now her obit doesn't even mention she was Miss America?  Talk about a disappearing act.  She sounds a total cunt. 
SC

Edit: The same can be said of Burke's obit!  Cunts all around!

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

"She caused a stir when she disappeared for some 24 hours after winning the title.   Evidently overwhelmed by what was expected of her, she insisted upon a much lighter schedule than planned by pageant officials so that she could attend college. This led pageant officials to have future contestants sign agreements as to what was expected of the winner."

Now her obit doesn't even mention she was Miss America?  Talk about a disappearing act.  She sounds a total cunt. 
SC

Edit: The same can be said of Burke's obit!  Cunts all around!

They’re only “cunts” if you think the Miss America pageant title is something to be held with high regard, and that snubbing it is somehow insulting.

Let’s face it, it means jack shit, and probably meant even less in those days. In fact, they were probably a little embarrassed to be associated with it given the average coke snorting airhead “I want world peace” bimbos that line the stages and create controversies these days.

By the contrary, it seems as if they won it, made little financial gain from it, then went into the real world and had respectable careers and raised families. Who could blame them for preferring to focus on that?

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

They’re only “cunts” if you think the Miss America pageant title is something to be held with high regard, and that snubbing it is somehow insulting.

Let’s face it, it means jack shit, and probably meant even less in those days. In fact, they were probably a little embarrassed to be associated with it given the average coke snorting airhead “I want world peace” bimbos that line the stages and create controversies these days.

By the contrary, it seems as if they won it, made little financial gain from it, then went into the real world and had respectable careers and raised families. Who could blame them for preferring to focus on that?

No one.  Was talking about the obits. 

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Bette Cooper and Frances Marie Burke both died in December. Earliest surviving Miss America winner is now Jo-Carroll Dennison (1940), aged 94.

Damn. I could find no listing of her dying when I researched this at the end of December.

Came across this for future reference:

The American Heart Association is set to hosts its Permian Basin 'Go Red for Women' Luncheon in Odessa this May.  Donna Hartley is set to be featured as keynote speaker during the event.

The annual event aims to raise awareness toward preventable heart health issues, and raise money for the American Heart Association.

Hartley is a former Miss Hawaii and actress who has survived cancer and open-heart surgery.

“I love to do these because, being a heart survivor, I probably had only two weeks to live or I would’ve had a heart attack,” Hartley said. “So I want other people to become aware, so they check their heart before it gets to that crisis stage.”
SC

On 3/13/2016 at 19:29, CaptainChorizo said:

Hard to imagine the winner of Miss Samoa getting the requisite Obit write ups for most deadpools

Well we're about to find out.  She's deceased.
SC

20 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Hmm...dunno what happened.  ah well.
Looks like I had her name on some short list somewhere, but it was early in the year and I totally forgot about her for 2 years until today. 
Slightly embarrassing -- moreso than the link debacle.

SC