Sir Creep

Beauty Queens

On 31/10/2021 at 00:21, Ulitzer95 said:

Dennison gets both a NY Times obit and a Hollywood Reporter obit.

And this led to her getting a QO... Telegraph obit.

And she almost died off radar. It wasn't until her local press reported on it more than a week later that led to a stream of subsequent bigger obits. Strange how these things play out. No certainties in deadpooling I suppose.

• Like 3

Kathy Manning, former Miss Mississippi and 2nd runner-up for Miss America, died on December 23rd of COVID-19. She was 59 years old. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mollyafox said:

Kathy Manning, former Miss Mississippi and 2nd runner-up for Miss America, died on December 23rd of COVID-19. She was 59 years old. 

Hard to believe someone from Mississippi died of Covid, what with all the incredible safety measures they have in place.

• Like 1

RIP nothing good coming of this story.

• Like 1

Model Cristina "Vita" Aranda has died at age 29 after reportedly being shot at a music festival in Paraguay. She is survived by her three kids and estranged husband, soccer player Ivan Torres.

SC

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sad to announce the death of American model Nancy Berg (Wiki), she was 90 

Berg was on the front cover of Vouge four times, starting in 1953 and was Esquire's "Lady Fair" for May of 1956

Nancy was also an actress appearing in some films and TV Shows like Ben Casey, Perry Mason, Mr. Broadway, Paris Precinct,  Thunder in Dixie, Fail Safe etc

She was previously married with American actor Geoffrey Horne

Obituary   RIP (July 9, 1931 - February 4, 2022)

Nancy Berg | Flickr 

• Like 7

On 23/09/2021 at 14:48, RoverAndOut said:

Assume this is the correct category for such information, and not a death or (I assume?) life threatening condition, but Canadian supermodel Linda Evangelista says she has been a recluse for the past 5 years after a botched cosmetic procedure which was supposed to reduce her fat has instead increased her fat cells in a 'very rare but serious' side effect that is not entirely understood. Apparently she is unrecognisable. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58662756

On 23/09/2021 at 15:49, Bentrovato said:

No. She is as beautiful as ever. 

On 23/09/2021 at 16:13, Book said:

Linda Evangelista will always be my favorite top- or supermodel ever! :wub:

So take a look at me now says Linda Evangelista: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10552677/Linda-Evangelista-seen-without-face-mask-fat-freezing-procedure-left-permanently-deformed.html

Pictured: Linda Evangelista seen for the first time without a face mask on... after brave supermodel said she was 'done hiding' following fat-freezing procedure that left her 'permanently deformed' (Pictured on Wednesday in New York City)

• Like 2

I would like to suggest Miss Wyoming World 1973, Joyce McKinney, just because she hasn't been mentioned before.

McKinney was accused of kidnapping a missionary, driving him to Devon and keeping him as a sex slave, resulting in the infamous 'manacled Mormon' case which kept the British press happily occupied in 1977.   

Since then, she has occasionally made the news again; for cloning her deceased pitbull in South Korea,  aiding and abetting a teenager to commit a burglary to raise funds to buy an artificial leg for her horse, before more recently being arrested for vehicular homicide after allegedly running over a holocaust survivor.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I would like to suggest Miss Wyoming World 1973, Joyce McKinney, just because she hasn't been mentioned before.

McKinney was accused of kidnapping a missionary, driving him to Devon and keeping him as a sex slave, resulting in the infamous 'manacled Mormon' case which kept the British press happily occupied in 1977.   

Since then, she has occasionally made the news again; for cloning her deceased pitbull in South Korea,  aiding and abetting a teenager to commit a burglary to raise funds to buy an artificial leg for her horse, before more recently being arrested for vehicular homicide after allegedly running over a holocaust survivor.

Mentally incompetent to stand trial as well. Thanks for sharing, she's one of ours for sure.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Oh, yes, her!!

I remember the trial, it was all over the press and TV.

Something about skiing naked down a slope with a rose between her teeth, IIRC.

Don't make em like that anymore! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, just found a pic of a young Joyce, in her prime.

You wouldn't have thought that they had met!

moon.jpg

• Like 2

Former Miss Brazil Gleycy Correia dies at 27 after a tonsil operation horribly gone wrong:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/9045728/miss-brazil-beauty-queen-tonsil-surgery/

She was in a coma for 77 days.

My theory: maybe a cover story for another "Brazilian butt lift" fatality?

• Like 5

American model and actress Kathy Marlowe (IMDbdead at 87

She was also teaching modeling and getting noticed as an ideal figure model perfectly representing the 1950's style of the sexy young American blonde girl next door. Over the next five years, Marlowe would be featured in thousands of ad layouts and would be named countless times as "Miss" this and that. It was serious public relations business of the day. Among her credits, far too many to mention all, are "Miss Long White Potato", "Miss Traveling Saleslady", "Miss Chinchilla", "Miss Green Stamps", and "Miss Lawn Seed"

Marlowe took her place in the line up of "50's blondes" including Marilyn Monroe, Jayne Mansfield, Mamie Van Doren and others in the Hollywood history books.

As an actress she appeared in films and sitcoms like: The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show, Mr. Lucky, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, Girl with an Itch, Queen of Outer Space, The Phenix City Story etc.

32 Kathy Marlowe Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images 

• Like 3

On 21/06/2022 at 13:55, gcreptile said:

Former Miss Brazil Gleycy Correia dies at 27 after a tonsil operation horribly gone wrong:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/9045728/miss-brazil-beauty-queen-tonsil-surgery/

She was in a coma for 77 days.

My theory: maybe a cover story for another "Brazilian butt lift" fatality?

If they hoiked her butt all the way to her tonsils then - to be fair - she did well to hang in there for two and half months.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

Marie Helvin is beautiful, but she was never a beauty queen.

I couldn't  think what thread  she belonged in. I searched Twiggy to see if there is a thread  for models but without a   clear Pointer or  success. 

My choice of thread likely imperfect  but genuinely  not sure which thread was the best home after a few searches exploring. 

Perhaps the thread title could be expanded to include models, as "beauty queens" is rather narrow.  I see Linda Evangelista has been mentioned here too.

• Like 2

On 03/07/2015 at 18:16, charon said:

Venezuela is a gold mine for this thread....

Miss Venezuela 1956 Bianca Heredia dead aged 88

• Like 4