Sign in to follow this  
paulh85

May I Perchance Rant?

or may i rant, perchance??

but then if i was more adept at grammar i wouldn't be so well acquainted to Jeremy kyle.

Anyway, i'm getting sick of the sight of Patrick Macnee's damn hat!

Every time i log on, there he is hat in hand and umbrella at the ready for this fine mess of a british summer!

you Death List vets will have been through this on many occasions i suppose, but i personally look forward to someone elses timely demise if for no other reason than to see a new picture on the homepage.

You are soo new to this site

yeah, i do get that feeling :(

So are you............unless this is your 2nd/22nd account.

• Like 1

Pat's hat was an effective weapon in a few episodes, so the picture is deceptive.

Pat's hat was an effective weapon in a few episodes, so the picture is deceptive.

Whilst more the decoy device, I do like how he disposed of the villain in Death's Door.

(The thread, incidentally, makes one imagine what ranters would have reacted like had the Deathlist had an internet forum in 1991!)

Every time i log on, there he is hat in hand and umbrella at the ready for this fine mess of a british summer!

you Death List vets will have been through this on many occasions i suppose, but i personally look forward to someone elses timely demise if for no other reason than to see a new picture on the homepage.

Goodness me, it's been 18 days since our last hit and you're already complaining? I got tired of Sam Simon's horrible pic for 2 months and 6 days.

Goodness me, it's been 18 days since our last hit and you're already complaining? I got tired of Sam Simon's horrible pic for 2 months and 6 days.
I can't see why Simons pic is so bad

I can't see why Simons pic is so bad

..... He looks like a chum.

May we, perchance stop you?

• Like 1

May we, perchance stop you?

mayhaps

• Like 1

It's great we have a ranting thread that doesn't take its name from a fairly horrendous TV show which not only trivializes the work of the most insightful and brilliant man in the 20th century (or possibly ever), but also keeps Frank Skinner on our screens. So cheers paul.

Anyway may I perchance rant about how I am sick of football? Just when I was really enjoying that feeling from 2-3 months of not hearing any shite about transfer windows, "special ones" and all that drivel from the shit-mouthed commentators.

Then, just the charity shield, which was on BT Sport which we dont even have in the Fritzl household er I mean our house, was enough to crush that bliss like a mosquito bite on the arse in Phuket...

I am going to try and avoid all football of a vaguely-high tier this season (or as far into the season we get before ISIS-critters set off a nuclear stinkbomb in London). I don't even care if Peter Sutcliffe escapes from Broadmoor, comes on the pitch at half-time of Liverpool-Man U and tries to strangle a cheerleader before keeling over of a heart attack. Okay... I lie, I would love that but........

Failing that, just too sick of it to care innit. :banghead:

(Bonus rant: In this obscure piece I found from the Guardian a communist someone-or-other bashed football because it's "keeping the people down" etc You'd think if it was as bad as he says it is he would have made it longer...)

• Like 2

It's great we have a ranting thread that doesn't take its name from a fairly horrendous TV show which not only trivializes the work of the most insightful and brilliant man in the 20th century (or possibly ever), but also keeps Frank Skinner on our screens. So cheers paul.

Anyway may I perchance rant about how I am sick of football? Just when I was really enjoying that feeling from 2-3 months of not hearing any shite about transfer windows, "special ones" and all that drivel from the shit-mouthed commentators.

Then, just the charity shield, which was on BT Sport which we dont even have in the Fritzl household er I mean our house, was enough to crush that bliss like a mosquito bite on the arse in Phuket...

I am going to try and avoid all football of a vaguely-high tier this season (or as far into the season we get before ISIS-critters set off a nuclear stinkbomb in London). I don't even care if Peter Sutcliffe escapes from Broadmoor, comes on the pitch at half-time of Liverpool-Man U and tries to strangle a cheerleader before keeling over of a heart attack. Okay... I lie, I would love that but........

Failing that, just too sick of it to care innit. :banghead:

(Bonus rant: In this obscure piece I found from the Guardian a communist someone-or-other bashed football because it's "keeping the people down" etc You'd think if it was as bad as he says it is he would have made it longer...)

as an avid Cardiff City fan, i will be more than likely joining you in avoiding all things football by the beginning of September.

• Like 2

Actually football bores me rigid but I've learned not to tell anyone because it only incites a lecture. oops....

• Like 1

Actually football bores me rigid but I've learned not to tell anyone because it only incites a lecture. oops....

People will never understand how I can watch 35 frame snooker matches but get bored stiff by football.

I cannot sit and watch a football match but I do spend quite a time pouring over the tables looking at the statistics. It also means I can hold a football conversation appearing knowledgeable (blagging)

• Like 1

Fantastic bit of bowling to restrict England to just 13 runs before lunch on the first day of the 4th Test at Trent Bridge...

• Like 1

Gack!!!

I hate when I'm away from DL for about 24 hours.....sign back on and I have 20 threads that have been updated not including all the extra-curricular stuff. Aaarrrgghh!

SirC

Gack!!!

I hate when I'm away from DL for about 24 hours.....sign back on and I have 20 threads that have been updated not including all the extra-curricular stuff. Aaarrrgghh!

SirC

Yeah, me too. But I usually just click on the threads I'm interested in (usually about 5) and after I'm done with that, I mark the rest as read.

Also, back when I lived in Poland, I had this glitch that wouldn't allow me to access the forums for sometimes as much as 4-5 days! For some reason, it worked all the time at my grandparents' house, and I visited them almost every Saturday, so that's when I would catch up on the 100-150 unread threads.

Gack!!!

SirC

Yeah, me too. But I usually just click on the threads I'm interested in (usually about 5) and after I'm done with that, I mark the rest as read.

Also, back when I lived in Poland, I had this glitch that wouldn't allow me to access the forums for sometimes as much as 4-5 days! For some reason, it worked all the time at my grandparents' house, and I visited them almost every Saturday, so that's when I would catch up on the 100-150 unread threads.

I think I'd have become a link on this page if I opened up DL and saw 150 unread threads.

SC

Gack!!!

SirC

I think I'd have become a link on this page if I opened up DL and saw 150 unread threads.

SC

For someone who likes this place so much you dont half seem to moan about it!!

• Like 1

After spending nearly 2 days compiling the list I posted for Sanford & Son, I sign on today to see it has been deleted. Not moved, not merged, not anything. Just deleted.

I'm not the least bit tolerant of such action, and I think I'll be taking a break from DL until some other time. I don't find it so much inexcusable as I do personal. That's fine.... whoever the admin is that has it out for me, you win.

1474 posts. Full stop.

Peace,

SirC

After spending nearly 2 days compiling the list I posted for Sanford & Son, I sign on today to see it has been deleted. Not moved, not merged, not anything. Just deleted.

I'm not the least bit tolerant of such action, and I think I'll be taking a break from DL until some other time. I don't find it so much inexcusable as I do personal. That's fine.... whoever the admin is that has it out for me, you win.

1474 posts. Full stop.

Peace,

SirC

I see it as post #50 in the 20th Century American Sitcoms thread.

• Like 3

1474 posts. Full stop.

Peace,

SirC

Well this is the first 'flouncing off in a piss' for ages. You'll look a bit of a nob when you come back and find that it was only moved, not deleted.

• Like 2