Bibliogryphon

Sad Last Days

On 06/27/2016 at 20:50, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Sad last days of Woy Hodgson.

Watching him at that stadium dying on his arse is not a pretty sight.

We can watch him die on his arse every week now culminating in his crucifixion at the end of the season in the middle of selhurst park.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

We can watch him die on his arse every week now culminating in his crucifixion at the end of the season in the middle of selhurst park.

Yes, yes we can!! :D

• Like 1

This week National Enquirer ran a sad last days special featuring:

Dianne Carroll (walking with stick)

Billy Dee Williams (wheelchair)

Drew Barrymore (fat)????

Diane Keaton (wishful thinking)

John Travolta (Just in case)

and some other people I had not heard of.

tumblr_ov5pcdsdJ61tj0d4uo1_1280.jpg

Big fan of this front page, love the idea that Leonardo Di Caprio will ever sleep with anyone born before the Berlin Wall went down.

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 23:33, Rhys said:

It amazes me how people can actually believe this nonsense.

A serious question here...

How much evidence is there that most National Enquirer readers actually believe the shite they enjoy reading?

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

A serious question here...

How much evidence is there that most National Enquirer readers actually believe the shite they enjoy reading?

Well i presume there is a buying readership. I just wander into Sainsbury's and casually leaf through the pages. I presume that most of the revenue comes from advertising of the sort of tat your Grandma would have rejected for being too tacky in the 70s. I think that the healthy scepticism  that goes with this is looking for the faint spark of fire that has generated a lot of smoke and the potential that they might occasionally get one right.

2 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Well i presume there is a buying readership. I just wander into Sainsbury's and casually leaf through the pages. I presume that most of the revenue comes from advertising of the sort of tat your Grandma would have rejected for being too tacky in the 70s. I think that the healthy scepticism  that goes with this is looking for the faint spark of fire that has generated a lot of smoke and the potential that they might occasionally get one right.

Aye, a fair point but back in the day I was amongst the buying readership for the Sunday Sport as it ran two brilliant front pages one showing a clearly mocked up picture of a WW2 bomber on the Moon and another a week later showing a picture of the Moon and reporting the bomber had vanished. I doubt anyone buying that honestly believed it; but a laugh for sure.

I once chanced upon a short-lived French publication that was a bit like the Sunday Sport.  I can't quite remember the title, but it was along the lines of "Les Nouvelles du Monde".  The only issue I managed to get hold of reported that the (recently deceased) Diana, Princess of Wales, had been spotted working in a northern Paris suburb working in a supermarket.  There was a photograph of her (allegedly) waiting at a bus stop.  So it must have been true. 

11 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Big fan of this front page, love the idea that Leonardo Di Caprio will ever sleep with anyone born before the Berlin Wall went down.

Bizarre deadpooling connection, part 1373:

A couple of weeks ago, there were rumours that Kate and Leonardo had become a couple. And I thought they might be possible because they of their mutual connection to Shameless pick Gemma Nuttall.

As I posted before, Gemma Nuttall has the public (but not financial?) support of Kate Winslet.

But did you know that you could donate to the case and win a ticket to a charity event with both Leonardo and Kate in St. Tropez?

http://www.rossendalefreepress.co.uk/news/gemma-nuttall-thanks-amazing-generosity-13551544

"Winslet and Titanic co-star Leonardo DiCaprio even auctioned an evening with themselves at a St Tropez charity event."

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Bizarre deadpooling connection, part 1373:

A couple of weeks ago, there were rumours that Kate and Leonardo had become a couple. And I thought they might be possible because they of their mutual connection to Shameless pick Gemma Nuttall.

As I posted before, Gemma Nuttall has the public (but not financial?) support of Kate Winslet.

But did you know that you could donate to the case and win a ticket to a charity event with both Leonardo and Kate in St. Tropez?

http://www.rossendalefreepress.co.uk/news/gemma-nuttall-thanks-amazing-generosity-13551544

"Winslet and Titanic co-star Leonardo DiCaprio even auctioned an evening with themselves at a St Tropez charity event."

So is he parking the pink bus in her depot or not?

On 9/18/2017 at 11:32, Spade_Cooley said:

Considering the DC Sniper has been dead since 2009...

There were 2. And the other one is alive aged 32.

13 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Don't do it Leo, don't do it...

On 9/19/2017 at 12:05, Spade_Cooley said:

More critical than the Leo/Kate romance: Melanie Griffith is starving to death! Too late to put her on the 2018 Deathlist. How could everyone have miss this? ;) :grave: 

• Haha 1

She quite clearly isn't though looking at that picture.

9 hours ago, theoldlady said:

More critical than the Leo/Kate romance: Melanie Griffith is starving to death! Too late to put her on the 2018 Deathlist. How could everyone have miss this? ;) :grave: 

I thought I had her on my theme team but I think.I didn't see the article until after I had submitted it.

• Haha 1

The National Enquirer believes that Kenny Rogers is "Ready for the End" because he is battling "killer bladder cancer". 

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

The National Enquirer believes that Kenny Rogers is "Ready for the End" because he is battling "killer bladder cancer". 

For God's sake, I hope he turns around......

(Geddit?)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

He’s alright, nobody worry about him....

19 hours ago, Dead Wait said:

He’s alright, nobody worry about him....

Wrong Kenny, numbnuts!

Just now, N. Fritz said:

Wrong Kenny, numbnuts!

Oh yes..... bugger!!

• Haha 1

So, is he in the Danger Zone?

On 19/09/2017 at 11:05, Spade_Cooley said:

Who said they got any sleep?

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 21:11, gcreptile said:

if true soinds like a deaf  man walking 

This week there is a Sad Last Days special. The ludicrously include Kirk Douglas whose Sad Last Days must now number in the 1000s. Chloris Leachman and Burt Reynolds are in there and some hopeless extrapolations on Julie Andrews, Henry Winkler, Joan Collins and Tom Sellick. 

The worst thing about it though is trying to suggest Paul McCartney is riddled (sic) with Alzheimer's because he admitted in an interview with not knowing his entire 50 year back catalogue.

Nothing to see here.