Bibliogryphon

Sad Last Days

Having had cause to try a proxy server (to watch something on pbs that is IP restricted) I took the opportunity to look at the National Enquirer site having seen here that you can't access it from the UK, I hastily disengaged the proxy and decided I don't mind being excluded from some places.

Could have at least screenshotted it for us.

• Like 1

Time to go long on Reynolds' chances of dying next year:

tumblr_nuptgyCqOr1tj0d4uo1_1280.jpg

I didn't realise he had started asking Mark Rylance to do appearances for him.

• Like 1

Google news tells me that, according to the National Enquirer, Celine Dion's husband Rene Angelil "Waves Goodbye".

Google news tells me that, according to the National Enquirer, Celine Dion's husband Rene Angelil "Waves Goodbye".

Cache copy:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UW5qcA0CLq8J:www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/celine-dions-husband-waves-goodbye+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

This weeks edition has a picture of Gene Wilder looking rough alongise a picture of Sean Connery.

Cache copy:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:UW5qcA0CLq8J:www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/celine-dions-husband-waves-goodbye+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

If anyone wants to look at the 'Waving René" pictures that are not visible in the cache copy, the Daily Mail has them all: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3248100/Celine-Dion-pays-heart-breaking-tribute-ailing-husband-Rene-Angelil-shares-home-videos-moving-Las-Vegas-performance.html

• Like 1

According to the latest copy of the Enquirer, Hilary Clinton has just 6 months left

cover-_1.jpg

• Like 1

According to the latest copy of the Enquirer, Hilary Clinton has just 6 months left......

........before she realises she has no hope of winning!

• Like 1

According to the latest copy of the Enquirer, Hilary Clinton has just 6 months left

cover-_1.jpg

This is the same publication that last week claimed she was a lesbian.
  • Like 1

cover-_1.jpg

Erm... this thread is titled

Sad Last DaysSordid speculation from the pages of National Enquirer

Isn't that what we're supposed to post here?

cover-_1.jpg

Well at least they got something right...

• Like 1

Dolly Parton sees fit to deny stomach cancer rumours published in NE

You mean to say that what NE prints is always true, I see.

I think most people see NE as taking a basic story - Dolly Parton goes to hospital - and extrapolates it with innuendo and 2+2=5 logic to spin an exciting story - Dolly Parton dying of stomach cancer. I am hoping that most people recognise this. However if they can get a celebrity to rise to the bait and make a statement about their health denying the rumour that then gets carried in the main stream media then this can be considered to be a win.

Would the public assume DP has cancer just because NE said so but now she has denied it people start thinking "Is she OK?/Should I pick her for my DDP team in 2016?"

I think most people see NE as taking a basic story - Dolly Parton goes to hospital - and extrapolates it with innuendo and 2+2=5 logic to spin an exciting story - Dolly Parton dying of stomach cancer. I am hoping that most people recognise this. However if they can get a celebrity to rise to the bait and make a statement about their health denying the rumour that then gets carried in the main stream media then this can be considered to be a win.

Would the public assume DP has cancer just because NE said so but now she has denied it people start thinking "Is she OK?/Should I pick her for my DDP team in 2016?"

Actually I hope all y'all think that way.

SC

Ah, the "where there's smoke there's a fire" approach to news. I treat government denials similarly.

I follow Dolly on Twitter, she reports she was in hospital for kidney stones and is doing just fine. :)

Now the "final bell tolls" for Muhammad Ali.

The UK edition this week seemed to focus again on Cher (about fourth time this year).

Is there any other evidence to suggest she might be worth a punt next year?

Barbara Streisand has cancer

We think.........

Are those two statements linked in any way?

We think.........

Headline of NE versus what the actual text of the article says

We think.........

Headline of NE versus what the actual text of the article says

Oh right, that's almost proper reporting, then.

Respect to the NE.

• Like 1