Alun Jones, who served as artistic director for the Louisville for two decades, died last week at the age of 82.  Jones died in Greece, of a heart attack. He was 82 years old.

Jones was the artistic director for 24 years before retiring in 2002. He and his wife, ballerina Helen Starr started the Louisville Ballet School after coming to America in 1975.

SC

Danny Tidwell, dancer who appeared on the US version of So You Think You Can Dance, being reported dead aged 35 by Debbie Allen:

• Like 1

Report of the death of Don Campbell, inventor of the "locking" dance style from one of his former troupe:

At one time was going out with Toni Basil.

• Sad 2

Another Soul Train dancer leaves us - this time it is Tyrone "The Bone" Proctor, who promoted the style of Waacking dance which it is suggested eventually morphed into or was stolen for Vogue-ing as seen on some old dame's video of Vogue: https://www.soultracks.com/story-tyrone-the-bone-proctor-dies

Heavily influenced a young Jeffrey Daniel, who has reported Proctor's death.

Perhaps the last great "are you sure they didn't die 20 years ago?" celeb, Zizi Jeanmaire has taken her curtain call aged 95.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Perhaps the last great "are you sure they didn't die 20 years ago?" celeb, Zizi Jeanmaire has taken her curtain call aged 95.

Farewell celeb I only know thanks to that Sarstedt song which is going to be stuck in my head all day now.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Ooh, I stopped picking her in pools as she seemed very spry.  :(

A hit for my French theme team.

I always liked her name because it sounds like a classic drag name ;)

RIP.

• Like 2

Oh Christ - ABC Deadpool clamouring I can hear it now.  I’ll be on a plane the next 20 hours (or asleep).  Zzzzzzzz (appropo).

SC

• Thanks 1

On ‎31‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 12:21, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of Don Campbell, inventor of the "locking" dance style from one of his former troupe:

At one time was going out with Toni Basil.

Now Toni Basil is reporting the death of Adolfo Quinones, aka Shabba Doo:

Appeared in Xanadu and the two Breakin' movies. Leaves Toni as the sole Soul Train survivor from the original Lockers.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0704044/

Here he is giving it large in Chaka Khan's I Feel For You Music Video:

• Like 1

Obituary

We went from Geelani to Shabba Doo... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

• Like 1

Aww, sad news about Shabba Doo. I remember being quite impressed that he was one of the main dancers on the Who's That Girl tour when I saw Madonna at Roundhay Park.

Wasn't he in that Toni Basil TV special - I know Spaz Attack was, mainly because I found it hilarious her keep calling out "Spaz" at someone (which, being about 10 at the time I would have done...)  so was Shabba Doo the other dancer in that? I definitely knew of him before his Madonna gig.

Sir Robert Cohan, American born dancer and choreographer who was artistic founder of the London Contemporary Dance School and London Contemporary Dance Theatre, reported dead aged 95:

• Like 3