(further to previous post)

Ah, the wonderful(ly named) fataldeaths.com ("the leading authority on human deaths since 2021", no less) ...

https://fataldeaths.com/2021/Liam-Scarlett

"So now Liam Scarlett is dead. 2021 is such a bummer."

"How did Liam Scarlett die?
Liam Scarlett's death was likely due to unknown"

Well, I'm going to suggest he topped himself, fataldeaths.com

• Like 1

Jacques Damboise, who appeared in the musical film "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" and film adaptation of the stage musical "Carousel" died at 86 years:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Dance-Legend-Jacque-dAmboise-Passes-Away-at-86-20210503

He has been honored with many awards such as a New York Governor's Award and an American Medal of the Arts.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Never mentioned on the Forum before surprisingly...

Violetta Elvin, Russian prima ballerina and actress, dead at 96.

A "rival" of Dame Margot Fonteyn (1919–1991).

• Like 1

Carla Fracci, one of the most famous ballerinas of the 20th century who emerged from humble origins in Italy to dazzle audiences in theatres around the world, has died, her family said on Thursday.

She was 84 and had been suffering from cancer.

SC

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Russian ballet dancer Olga Moiseeva dead at 92:

https://ria.ru/20210624/moiseeva-1738456886.html

She danced in modern and classic roles as well and was lead performer of the ballet repertoire at the Leningrad Kirov Theatre of Opera and Ballet from 1947-1973. 

• Like 3

Someone kindly has a video of Patti Hammond on the You Tube:

18 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Patti Hammond, a dancer with Legs & Co from Top Of The Pops, has died, aged 71: 

Isn't she the first member of Legs & Co. to die (that we know of)?

I know a few of Pan's People have passed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Isn't she the first member of Legs & Co. to die (that we know of)?

I know a few of Pan's People have passed.

AFAIK, yes.

Very much my era, when Pan's People came on, I'd be off waiting on the next act. Bit of a shaker.

• Like 1

Top of the Pops dance troupes

Pan's People (1968–1976)

Louise Clarke 1949–2012 (left 1974) BBC obit
Flick Colby 1946–2011 BBC obit

Mary Corpe b. c. 1957 (one of two replacements for Lord; now living in South Africa as Mary Corpe Silver)
Cherry Gillespie b. 1955 (replacement for Rutherford)
Lesley Judd b. 1946 (temporary member)
Babs Lord b. 1945 (left 1975)
Sue Menhenick b. 1955 (replacement for Clarke)
Ruth Pearson 1946–2017 Times obit
Andi Rutherford 1947–2015 (left 1972) 
Lee Ward b. c. 1955 (one of two replacements for Lord; left 1976)
Dee Dee Wilde b. 1946 (left 1975)

Ruby Flipper (1976)

Lulu Cartwright b. 1959
Cherry Gillespie b. 1955
Phillip Haigh aka Philip Steggles b. 1955
Patti Hammond 1950–2021
Sue Menhenick b. 1955
Floyd Pearce b. 1959
Gavin Trace ???? (sacked half way through, seems to have faded into complete obscurity)

Legs & Co. (1976–1981)

Lulu Cartwright b. 1959
Anita Chellamah Mahadervan b. 1959 (replacement for Peters)
Gill Clarke b. 1959
Patti Hammond 1950–2021
Rosie Hetherington b. 1960
Sue Menhenick b. 1955
Pauline Peters b. 1952 (left in 1981)

Here's the list using Google, births/marriages index and some old newspaper archives. Near perfect but I can't trace Trace! 

I'm not bothering with the Go-Jos (1964–1968) or Zoo (1981–1983) because there were too many members and most of them are obscure.

Must say, surprised the BBC only did obits for Clarke and Colby, snubbing Pearson and Rutherford. After all, Top of the Pops was their own fucking show for 42 and a half years! They should cover Hammond, surely?

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Must say, surprised the BBC only did obits for Clarke and Colby, snubbing Pearson and Rutherford. After all, Top of the Pops was their own fucking show for 42 and a half years! They should cover Hammond, surely?

Something really weird goes on with the BBC and their old music shows, because whenever they repeat them (or do one off specials) they rate quite highly, but they absolutely refuse to bring in a current one despite being regularly inundated with requests, with the excuse being no one will watch them. It can't even be Saville related as it extends from before he was outed.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Something really weird goes on with the BBC and their old music shows, because whenever they repeat them (or do one off specials) they rate quite highly, but they absolutely refuse to bring in a current one despite being regularly inundated with requests, with the excuse being no one will watch them. It can't even be Saville related as it extends from before he was outed.

I agree to an extent. The demand is still there but not at the same level it used to be. 10 years ago they used the excuse that it was because “everyone wanted to watch music videos now”. No longer the case in 2021. The BBC is ofc constrained by a budget and their music budget is sizeable yet they see the investment being in concerts, gigs and one off performances on programmes like The One Show and on Graham Norton etc. It’s also down to logistics. The chart is now determined by downloads and streaming and thus is harder to predict ahead of its weekly release. That and the chart is no longer as varied or as interesting as it once was (for example, this week Drake has 3 songs in the top 5 alone!).

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I agree to an extent. The demand is still there but not at the same level it used to be. 10 years ago they used the excuse that it was because “everyone wanted to watch music videos now”. No longer the case in 2021. The BBC is ofc constrained by a budget and their music budget is sizeable yet they see the investment being in concerts, gigs and one off performances on programmes like The One Show and on Graham Norton etc. It’s also down to logistics. The chart is now determined by downloads and streaming and thus is harder to predict ahead of its weekly release. That and the chart is no longer as varied or as interesting as it once was (for example, this week Drake has 3 songs in the top 5 alone!).

Well, they've gone 15 years without it now - a lack of something normally kills demand with time.*

Also, I feel like (and this is a gut feeling, so nowt to prove it) that the old chart shows influenced the charts by what they chose to show, and their presenters shilling, so the charts became more varied than they'd otherwise be. The number of times John Peel would go "this is one you'll all love" was almost like watching The Demon Headmaster in action! Whereas without that, people stick to what they know, in limited spheres of interest? 

tbh it's not the most annoyed I've been with the BBC over something like this (that'll be their axing of non-cool demographic stuff in 2009-2010 under Jay Hunt, like seemingly nearly anything on weekend TV that scored highly with OAPs) but it remains one of those holes in the schedule. 

*Yes, I know, Doctor Who, but that was an outlier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

DDP pick etc etc Henry Danton reportedly dead aged 102: 

The fuck this post about twinkletoes gets SIX LIKES?!?

Maybe these twats can say, one by one, why they liked this particular post of a forgotten nobody.

DF0E8BB7-F11E-47E7-BF8D-9C8B3EC67930.png

• Facepalm 2

23 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Maybe these twats can say, one by one, why they liked this particular post of a forgotten nobody.

You really keep asking for posts to get even more…

Is there anything that doesn’t trigger you SC?

Henry Danton was on our radars and YW scooped it pretty fast. That’s presumably why ppl liked it.

• Like 2

I don't like "liking" posts that announce a death (unless it's a nasty person who died).  But if it pisses SC off, "like" away.  B)

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

You’ve done it again. Clown.

• Haha 1

Is this a cue for me to give him an obit longer than War and Peace and American Pie combined whenever he gets the classy broadsheet nod?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

American dancer and choreographer Yuriko (wiki) dead at 102.

pd0036_standard.jpg.57cd47b80c3dffd110063e162623259a.jpg

NY Times obit.

Also had a few films credits during the Golden Age of Hollywood.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1