Rude Kid

Derby Dead Pool 2006

My team in this year's ddp is "Meet Your Maker" and we are in 12th place.

2006 will be my first entry to the DDP and looking over my team I'm not expecting much success.

I thought it was only right that I should include Royal Figures (1/4 of my list).

My DDP team name for 2006 shall be 'Windsor the Troll'.

2006 will be my first entry to the DDP and looking over my team I'm not expecting much success.

I thought it was only right that I should include Royal Figures (1/4 of my list).

My DDP team name for 2006 shall be 'Windsor the Troll'.

I'm going to enter too (first time). I was hoping to have George Best on my team but he let me down.

He was on mine too but was easily replaced.

I hope no one else on my list dies this side of the first of January because I can't be bothered replacing more candidates.

Me and a few of the guys in our village decided to call ourselves ' Church(yard) on the hill'. We are doing pretty crapilly at the mo. 53= at this time

Me and a few of the guys in our village decided to call ourselves ' Church(yard) on the hill'. We are doing pretty crapilly at the mo. 53= at this time

That's actually really interesting because I wanted to ask... what made you decide on John Cleese as your joker? I thought that was supremely odd but, being the novice that I am, I felt I should have an open mind to it...

My team, most unoriginally is Slave to the Grave (well it was hard enough coming up with 20 names for the team).

I'm also languishing in mid-table obscurity, joint 40th with lots of other teams. I was hoping for Gen. Pinochet to provide a last minute joker, but I don't think he's going to oblige.

I'm Pooill Vaaish. I think I'm currently equal 36th

Me and a few of the guys in our village decided to call ourselves ' Church(yard) on the hill'.  We are doing pretty crapilly at the mo. 53= at this time

That's actually really interesting because I wanted to ask... what made you decide on John Cleese as your joker? I thought that was supremely odd but, being the novice that I am, I felt I should have an open mind to it...

I don't remember who actually chose him (it might even have been me :blink: ) I think at the time it was just a daft feeling and we all agreed to it. We are currently drawing up the list for next year.

Have anyone of you entered your team for the 2006 ddp? What are your team names? My team name is "Meet Your Maker"

I would like to join the 2006 one

But dont know how

I have my list ready, so id appreciate somebodys help please!

and sorry for sounding like a poor lost damsel in distress, i hate those :angry:

nevermind

managed to work it out for myself...

For anybody whos interested, the team name is Jodies Cuppas

and i dont expect to do too well.

I kept it as Canadian Paul, so that when I win, they'll know which country is greatest.

Or at least so that when I lose, my excuse can be that I'm from Canada :angry:

No guesses for which team is mine. Currently 28th which is not bad for a first attempt! :angry:

I'm biding my time before I submit my entry.

You never know what developments may occur in the next 12 days.

I took my chances and submitted, because I don't want to second guess my original choices and then have the original ones die off. For a silly example, if I had submitted them this morning instead of last night, I might have been tempeted to add Ariel Sharon on the list, which would clearly have been a mistake.

I'm even sorta disappointed that I put Arthur C. Clarke on it :angry:

I took my chances and submitted, because I don't want to second guess my original choices and then have the original ones die off. For a silly example, if I had submitted them this morning instead of last night, I might have been tempeted to add Ariel Sharon on the list, which would clearly have been a mistake.

I'm even sorta disappointed that I put Arthur C. Clarke on it :lol:

To thine own self be true, CP

If it works for you, then great.

I prefer to have all the latest info before entering,

you never know some celeb could announce they have only months to live.

To thine own self be true, CP

If it works for you, then great.

I prefer to have all the latest info before entering,

you never know some celeb could announce they have only months to live.

Of course. Thank you Mr. Rawls for announcing your condition in such a timely fashion. :lol:

Well, he's got a point, look at Rick Parfitt. On my possible list then cancer-free so off. Good thing I held back. :D

I am Octopus of Odstock (obviously). Doing pretty well this year but have seen myself slide from 2nd down to about equal 17th where I am now. :P

Super-strong DDP team in 2006 I think. My joker is a gamble but one that might just pay off dividends. Should be an interesting competition - I alwys look forward to seeing who people have chosen at the start of the year.

Have just filed my team with DDP + an experimental "cancer only" team with Notapotato. Are there any bookmakers prepared to take deathpool bets by any chance? Is it illegal?

Well, he's got a point, look at Rick Parfitt. On my possible list then cancer-free so off. Good thing I held back. :P

I am Octopus of Odstock (obviously). Doing pretty well this year but have seen myself slide from 2nd down to about equal 17th where I am now.  :ph34r:

Super-strong DDP team in 2006 I think. My joker is a gamble but one that might just pay off dividends. Should be an interesting competition - I alwys look forward to seeing who people have chosen at the start of the year.

Who did you select for your joker?

Who did you select for your joker?

If, you don't mind, I'm going to hold off naming him until the entries are in -just in case someone else chooses him. :ph34r: 1st Jan, I promise I will tell all - hell, if it isn't up on DDP already by then, I'll post me whole list.