Rude Kid

Derby Dead Pool 2006

So...you've been reading Deathlist and thinking "I could do better than that lot". Well, here's your chance to prove it - we're now accepting entries for Derby Dead Pool 2005, and it's free to play.

If you want to join in, simply send an email to ddp2005@derbydeadpool.co.uk, stating:

1) Your team name.

2) The names of 20 celebrities who you think will pop off during 2005.

3) Which one of these 20 is to be your joker (you get double points if that person dies).

For full details of rules & scoring, click here.

The deadline (so to speak) for entries is midnight GMT on 31st December 2004, but it would be helpful to us if you could get your entry in as soon as possible. If any of your chosen celebs 'jump the gun' by selfishly dying before the New Year starts, we'll let you substitute them.

The best of luck...may the sickest team win! :(

Siegfried Baboon & Rude Kid

www.derbydeadpool.co.uk

:sicktherm: A quick bump for this - we've got 38 teams already, so it looks like we'll be beating this year's record of 43.

;) Get yer entries in if you haven't already, and don't worry if we don't acknowledge them straight away - so long as you send them before midnight on 31 Dec, they'll be accepted.

I'm in

Are you sure? Has it been confirmed by the Prime Minister of Luxembourg yet?

:lol: You know it's pretty funny to watch grown men make comments as if theyre 6.....Now might I suggest you stick to the topic.

Was the Prime Minister of Luxembourg a cast member of 'Allo 'Allo?? Preposterous fake foreign accent :lol:

Obviously I wouldn't remember it first time round, being not far removed from a 6 year old..............

'Tis the most wonderful time of the year. Newly fallen snow is glistening under a full moon, the kids are home from school on winter break, the family gathers together to exchange gifts, chestnuts are roasting on an open fire, the yule log is burning brightly in the fireplace, and, perhaps best of all, it is the time to make bets on which celebrities will become corpses in the new year. :ghost:

You are invited to try your luck at betting on which famous people will be pushing up daisies in the upcoming year. Entries are now being accepted for the 2005 Ereshkigal Invitational Celebrity Dead Pool until the ball drops in Times Square on New Years Eve---that's three days from now. This link will give you an idea of how things work in the game:

http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=eicdp

If you would like to join in on the corpse counting, feel free to join and place your bets. Best of all, it's free to play and I am ponying up some cheesy prizes for the winner, as well as several other Bonus Prizes.

If you already have a Livejournal, then you are good to go. If you don't, then that is okay with me too. Just follow the instructions for entering and include some method of contacting you. Or you can enter your picks then e-mail me a method of contacting you should you win any prizes.

Thanks! :grave:

Jeff a.k.a. Raven

I'll have my entry in by sometime early New Year's Eve. BTW, do you cut-off new entries after hitting a certain number? If so I can get mine in sooner if needed.

Raven

Guest portems

After seeing all of the media coverage of Dimebag Darrell's death, I couldn't help but wonder what the big deal was. People kill people every day.

News flash.... People die. Everyone dies!

Anyway, I'm starting a website that celebrates the dark humor waiting to be explored in dead celebrity irreverence.

The site is going to be launched on Jan. 1, but it's running if anybody wants to check it out, I'd love any feedback.

WeWontMissHim.com

Thanks...

Portems

Haven't seen Rude Kid round these parts lately.

Has anyone entered the DDP under an assumed name? I see some DL favourites as some of the choices, for example check this team

Ronnie Biggs

Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen

Kirk Douglas

Gerald Ford

Rev Billy Graham

Pope John Paul II

Claude Lévi-Strauss

Joe Longthorne

Diego Maradona

Paul Marsden

Patrick Moore

Rosa Parks

Les Paul

Richard Pryor

Billy Smart

Elizabeth Taylor

Margaret Thatcher

Simon Wiesenthal

Earl Woods

Boris Yeltsin

check this team

Ronnie Biggs

Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen

Kirk Douglas

Gerald Ford

etc

This team is named "Impaled On The Antlers Of Doom"

Is this your team Anubis the Jackal?

Currently =18th with 17pts it is a bit more mid table than my entry sat in =42nd place with the Rude Kid himself on just 13 points, but then IotAoD has already used the joker to fair effect.

check this team

Ronnie Biggs

Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen

Kirk Douglas

Gerald Ford

etc

This team is named "Impaled On The Antlers Of Doom"

Is this your team Anubis the Jackal?

Currently =18th with 17pts it is a bit more mid table than my entry sat in =42nd place with the Rude Kid himself on just 13 points, but then IotAoD has already used the joker to fair effect.

Not my team, I passed on this one (i.e.forgot about it until too late)

Has anyone entered the DDP under an assumed name?

My team is cunningly disguised, ninja-style, by hiding in plain sight.

My team is sooooo obvious, if you look for the clues :skill2:

My team is sooooo obvious, if you look for the clues :(

So is mine :o

"and others like it"

Thanks to my choice of Ted Heath, I'm adding a quick note to say that my entry in the Rotten Dead Pool in now listed at position 190 out of 44,000 entries. (and I've still got about 6 weeks to go till my entry expires)

So I think that's not "three bad" for a stab in the dark 1st attempt.

Come on in Mr Biggs - your times up! and I want to finish in the top 50.

That's more like it.

Equal 4th (before James Doohans passing)

First and third place don't have him, so we should be moving up.

That's more like it.

I'll be damned: DDP has a new #1: I Smell Dead People.

regards,

Hein

That's more like it.

Unfortunately, we don't have him either :angry:

Only the top 20 from our list of 50 are submitted to DDP (I know, I know - that wasn't the case last year) - so with James Dooham down in 38th spot, he was left out.

December is nearly upon us, and I do believe that DL members (and non-members) should come clean as to their identity in this years DDP.

I myself am Brown Bread and can claim mid-table obscurity as my prize for this year.

Anyone else want to come clean?

DWB :ph34r: