Rude Kid

Derby Dead Pool 2006

If any of you had, have or are having Harry Newcombe in your DP's, don't bother any more. He died earlier this year and even the Guardian did not give him an obit :banghead:

If any of you had, have or are having Harry Newcombe in your DP's, don't bother any more. He died earlier this year and even the Guardian did not give him an obit :banghead:

Not even his wikipedia entry has his death updated, so I guess he died without anyone noticing

Not even his wikipedia entry has his death updated, so I guess he died without anyone noticing

I'll do it now.

It does happen.

For example,Jesse Carver, who managed loads of top flight football clubs in England & Italy died un-noticed in 2003, and it was only in Jan 2006, it was reported by a journo that met him a long while back & wondered what had happened to him.

Byron Nelson has died at age 94. BBC obit:

Congratulations for the following teams:

Deathlist.net

Eat My Dust

Freddie Starr Ate My Rhino

L C And The Sunshine Band

Snuff Daddies

Sporting Life...Courting Death

Swami's House of Soon To Be Wax

The Morbid Postman

Time, Gentlemen, Please!

Time Is NOT On Our Side!

Snooker player Paul Hunter has died at age 27 from cancer.

BBC obituary

Congratulations to following teams selected him, especially to "The Winged Devil Monkeys", who was the only team to select him as their joker.

A Kick In The Ghoulies

Brown Bread

Dr Death's Diabolical Dice of Doom

I Smell Dead People

Meet Your Maker

The Winged Devil Monkeys

Whoopass United

BBC obituary

Congratulations to following teams selected him, especially to "The Winged Devil Monkeys", who was the only team to select him as their joker.

A Kick In The Ghoulies

Brown Bread

I Smell Dead People

Meet Your Maker

The Winged Devil Monkeys

Whoopass United

We know you're not gloating FF, or at least trying your best not to, but this must take you in to the DDP lead. Congratulations.

BBC obituary

A Kick In The Ghoulies

Brown Bread

I Smell Dead People

Meet Your Maker

The Winged Devil Monkeys

Whoopass United

We know you're not gloating FF, or at least trying your best not to, but this must take you in to the DDP lead. Congratulations.

No it's still Go Fish in the lead, but not by much.

Congrats ff, now for Ross Davidson maybe?

Come on Harold, do yer Beckett then.... :)

In all the Paul Hunter hullaballoo this might be missed:-

Joseph Lynch GC has died and here is his obituary from the Times.

5 points for Ready, Steady, Deady which puts them higher up mid-table I think.

Congrats to Ready, Steady, Deady on picking this fine fellow of whom I have never heard.

With Freddy Fender bound to get a UK obit that's the first points to The Anfield Iron, a unique pick for them.

With Freddy Fender bound to get a UK obit that's the first points to The Anfield Iron, a unique pick for them.

Congrats to The Anfield Iron for a Unique Pick and her/his first points in DDP.

regards,

Hein

Congrats to The Anfield Iron for a Unique Pick and her/his first points in DDP.

Freddy Fender now has a BBC obit

Congratulations to the following teams that selected Ross Davidson.

BBC obit

Already Dead

Brown Bread

Cap'n Ohtz

Condi's Ill-Considered Probabilities (JOKER)

Died In A Nasty Accident

Dysfunctional

Eejit (JOKER)

Godot's Waiting List (JOKER)

Madonna's Hand of Bod

Meet Your Maker (JOKER)

MizzJackTheCat

Octopus of Odstock

R.I.P. It Up And Start Again

Rude Kid

Slave to the Grave (JOKER)

Stab In The Dark

The Doffin' Codgers

The Douglas Bader Dance Troupe

The Living End

The Underdogs of Hull City (JOKER)

Whoopass United

You Can Have Zsa Zsa Over My Dead Body!

BBC obit

[...]

Meet Your Maker

[...]

Congrats on taking the lead.

May I nominate ff for honorary membership of DLCC? He's singlehandedly outperforming Deathlist.net.

regards,

Hein

BBC obit

[...]

Meet Your Maker

[...]

Congrats on taking the lead.

May I nominate ff for honorary membership of DLCC? He's singlehandedly outperforming Deathlist.net.

regards,

Hein

Hopefully taking none of the shine off FF's moment of glory, I reckon half a dozen or more DL members could singlehandedly outperform the DL this year. I mention this 'cause I've hit a bit of a purple patch myself these last few weeks (Brown Bread). I've even started dreaming of a top-ten finish.

DWB :pop:

Will there be an inquest as to why DL has performed poorly (so far)?

Will there be an inquest as to why DL has performed poorly (so far)?

Only if you turn up to the DL convention - wherever and whenever that may be.

DWB :pop:

Ghulam Ishaq Khan, as VSBfH as noted, as has the Guardian, BBC etc, has died. He gets some points for Impaled on the Antlers of Doom but it doesn't change much in the way of the leaderboard. Good choice that, actually.

I am astonished that I have finally had a hit on the DDL with Ross Davidson. I thought being on my list was the kiss of life. The fact that it happened whilst I was on my honeymoon makes it even sweeter.

I am astonished that I have finally had a hit on the DDL with Ross Davidson. I thought being on my list was the kiss of life. The fact that it happened whilst I was on my honeymoon makes it even sweeter.

Well done, MizzJacktheCat and congratulations on your wedding, I wish you both health and happiness for the future :pop: .

Well done, MizzJacktheCat and congratulations on your wedding, I wish you both health and happiness for the future :pop: .

Thank you, Lady Grendel. I hope we both live longer than Ross.

As I've noted here before I've put a list of 68 names to the E Game Gazette web site

http://www.egamegazette.net/

well finally after no activity on the site since January they put an Email back to me about it:

October 26, 2006

Mr. Xxxxx, (name deleted for little reason)

I was just made aware today of your attempt to enter the 2006 Game.

My former webmaster did not alert me and he quit updating after that. I have a new webmaster and he just sent me your entry and missive.

Let me first say that you had an impressive list.

However, entry is not open to the general public. The only way to get into the Game is to be sponsored by a current or former Gamester (as we call ourselves.).

If you are interested in trying again in 2007, please answer this email. Maybe we can work something out. In the meantime, I could add you to the mailing list that receives the reports on the hits.

Armand DuPont

OK so wrote this back:

Hi Sacredcowboys / Armand DuPont

Thanks for your Email - this clears-up a few questions I've had about the site - however I've never seen the up-dates since January. I would like to be a part of the 2007 game but would, as a winner of the Rotten.com deadpool (6 out of 10 till the 1st Sept 2006) ask that you could at the end of this years game, that you could at least inform me of where I would have finished in relation to those you have "accredited". I believe I have come across one or two of the names in the listings but ask that you yourself could accredit my entry on the fact that you are kind to say that my 2006 list of 68 names already has certain merit.

Thanking you in advance

Xxxx Xxxxx

(Rotten Ali) - as noted on

Click here: DEATHLIST Forum

entrant under the team name of "STAB in-the DARK" in oh-so many deadpools.

OK so far so good

They wrote back:

Here is the deal. I'll add you to the mailing list for the remainder of the 2006 Game. I'd like you to tell me something about yourself too.

Gamesters pay a dues fee of $15.00 a year. Due in January.

You will get all that info in the posts I send out at the end of the year.

Sometime around Thanksgiving, another Gamester sends out a list of all the hits to date (so the lazy Gamesters can check their lists).

There is no monetary prize, we play for style and pride. The $ pays for my internet service and the web page.

You sound like a nice person. Wiith a little more info from you I'll let you in the 2007 Game.

Pontius/Armand

OK so in reply I post them this:

In a message dated 27/10/2006 23:07:04 GMT Standard Time, Sacredcowboys writes:

I'd like you to tell me something about yourself too.

I'm glad you are interested. I'm that sort of person who asks "why do things like this happen to me?"

About 20 years ago - half my age now - I had built a collection of about 100 different types of world beer cans.

8 years ago - I'm off to an important meeting. Got all I need, bit late but I know the way. Driving down the first fast road I hear a bump, a scrape, another bump - I look in my mirror and notice the prototype part I need for the meeting bounce down the road behind me and get hit by the car behind me!

Today - I'm due to finish a contract job, I've got the leaving cakes in - and due to start a new one on Monday - I'm phoned by the agent to hear that they may not want me till the following Monday!

Last year - told by an agent that the Ferrari F1 team have accepted my CV and want me to join them. What a coup? Just a quick interview before I start. "Formality". I get to the airport for the £30 budget flight to Bologna to find out that the Italian air traffic are on strike and my plane is cancelled. I end up paying another carrier £250 for a single ticket. Late in the day I get to an airport 100 miles from the intended one and drive till 3:30am to my hotel - up at 6:30am for the 8am meeting - well I'm not up to giving a good performance and they don't want me!!! By noon I'm spending another £250 to fly back to the UK with my tail between my legs.

All the time things like this upset me.

Day-in day-out.

I've widely travelled - with and without plans. USA east coast, Southern Africa, most of Europe and round to Japan. But I love to ski - take it to the edge - the black run that holds your attention. The chatter of your edges across the cold solid ice. Testing times - can I stay in control? or will I end up crashing uncontrollably like this unfortunate chap? The lunchtime break - what will it be? "SpagBog"? soup of the day? look at that snow come down! Cool, looks good for this afternoon. But where are my tips? Oh dear! snow! - sky! - skis! - snow! - sky! - skis!!!

LOL

What's my life?

Court shaped - 6.1mm wide - 10 grams (3/8ths of an ounce) - 24.3mm in diameter external - 20.5mm internal and it beautifully says "I love you" all the way through.

For me its city breaks using my five senses - not beach holidays reading books. Barcelona - walking down the Ramblas, Toyko - the lights in Rapongi - get the top of the Toyko tower and wonder at the sights. Is it better than the top of the Eiffel tower? No. But then was the ESB better still? Back of the room in the UN security council chamber is smaller that I expected. Madrid - tour the palace, the town, the sites and visit an Egyptian Temple. Turn a corner its not Little Italy anymore its China Town and that's a fish smell! Standing by the cascading waters of the Victoria Falls with the one I love. SCREAM - too many noisy Disney rides. The White House looks kind of cute at night but those rats in the park outside need a good shooting. Ride at a cantor through the dusty park land scrub on a horse called Panic and see elephants, giraffe, eagles and buffalo. Watch in astonishment at the launch of the 100th space shuttle. WOW take Paddock Hill bend a bit too quickly in a junior single seater racing car. Hold a baby gator in my hands and stand knee-high in the Everglades. Another hotel room but that's not my dead sock! Don't the houses at the side of the Mumbai runway look very close to the wing tip of our Jumbo? Note how the ISS's lights run speeding across the night time sky. Coast the night away on the Zambezi or evade a police cordon to work on a rush job just the other side of a wall where an IRA bomb is suspected?

But receive praise from the boss for a good job well done, that tops most things.

Learn with a wife, how to bring up a two year old boy and have his attention and smile - that's the best of them all.

"why do things like this happen to me?"

Must be because....

like it must say on a can somewhere....

this is real life....

Best Regards

Xxxx

Again I think thats a nice Email and go and look at the site:

And post to them:

Hi Pontius

Thanks for the web site update. Pleased to note that I've just done a quick tot-up with your up-dated scoreboard and I make it that I would be just about 5th out of your 130 odd gamers on 41 pts. Plus top rookie by a country mile.

BR

Xxxx

Then I get the following:

After some consultation we have decided that we think you should keep playing in your current dead pools, but not this one. We will stick to our rules of being sponsored by a current or former Gamester. Sorry. You will not be hearing from us again.

SUCKS OR WHAT?

Anyone a member of Game Gazette and would like to have me as a fellow "Gamester"?

I feel very hard done by and hurt. Look I've opened up to them, and now you lot in turn to register my pain.

RA - That site sounds to me like a college fraternity. You pay money to do something with an exclusive crowd that thousands of other people are doing for free and probably having more fun with it. In the end, there's no tangible reward either.

Hell, at least with a frat you get sorority girls. :pop:

Edit: Before any frat boys among you point out the irony of me discussing how much fun I have at parties while posting at 9:00 at night, the party is at 10:00, so don't bother pointing it out.

Well, what is Death List? It started with students having a laugh...

DL should be proud of being the oldest ongoing British deadpool...

Leave egames to their Frats and Thanksgiving and Trick-or-Treats and Cookies

and all that.... :pop:

BTW, I wonder what the oldest European deadpool is?