Deathray

At What Age Should One Retire?

You should retire as soon as you can, this is what I am gonna do as well in 5 years. You should put your freedom above the extra 10k per year, this is not worth it. If you have the possibility to retire yearly, make it real. Overworking will have a negative impact on your health, and this affects your entire life. I feel good at the moment, and with the help of pension advisors https://www.hensoncrisp.com/retirement-pensions/, I am thinking about my retirement plan, until I didn't ruin my health too much because of work.

Life without work would feel so empty. It should be a legal requirement to work 60 hours a week minimum. 

End of July and counting, the ability to do some part time if I get bored or need to top up the wine cellar. Everyone should use their good health whilst they still have it. I'm worn out and suffering, I have been accumulating projects for a while. 

12 minutes ago, Charlotte's Controller said:

End of July and counting, the ability to do some part time if I get bored or need to top up the wine cellar. Everyone should use their good health whilst they still have it. I'm worn out and suffering, I have been accumulating projects for a while. 

Want a fucking rocking chair gramps? 

Hope they abolish the state pension and seize private ones  so you have to start working again you lazy bastard. 

No one should be permitted to retire. 

As a local government officer- at 55 I can claim part of my pension and drop down to part time. 

Unless you've done more years than you're claiming (about 20 is the current limit) then I'll have to wait until I'm 60. Its a shit system designed to keep me in full time as I'm on 17 years and by 55 if I'm still going I'll be on 25/26 years. 

I was able to claim my British Coal pension at 50 but it is not enough to retire on.

• Like 1

I’ll die with my boots on.

5 hours ago, Windsor said:

I’ll die with my boots on.

Me too, brother.

On 22/05/2021 at 00:36, Rayo Del Morte said:

Want a fucking rocking chair gramps? 

Hope they abolish the state pension and seize private ones  so you have to start working again you lazy bastard. 

No one should be permitted to retire. 

So having no children, having been educated and worked productivly, planned and saved for my retirement I take exception to your comments, I can but conclude that you are  one of the people that,

1 Are self employed or not.

2 Didn't pay tax in the last three years

3  Are upset that the pubs have been closed

4 Did not get grant coverage, you should have declared your income. 

5 Have outdated political ideals, communists regimes are run by capitalists who fleece the system.

6 Have not been tutoring your feral offspring at home and this is why you are bitter.  

I could be wrong you could just be a banned ignorant T**T 

• Haha 1

Retiring as soon as I fucking can afford to leave engineering and do something that doesn’t make me fearful of stress-related hair loss for 70 hours a week.

I'd always planned to retire at 60, but I'd also assumed that up until that time I'd be in a £50k p.a. job and have built up a huge amount of savings and a nice pension fund. Things didn't quite work out like that, but now I find myself aged 60 and retired. Whether or not I can afford to be retired is a different kettle of fish!

The problem with being retired (apart from lack of a regular income) is that now I have no reasonable excuse not to do all the jobs I've been putting off because I never had time.

• Like 3

I'm lucky in that GAB is younger than me, has a better job than me and plans to keep working for several years yet. Accordingly as long as I continue to be nice to her I hope to go at 60 (just under 2 years away). If I had to manage on what I've accumulated personally I'd be working  to 67 (state retirement age).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

GAB

:D - took me a minute.

• Like 1