Deathray

Hm Libby And The Greek Jester's Age Of Death Poll

How Longs the Royal Couple Got?   

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reminds me of the Spitting Image with the Queen singing "One will survive".

"As long as Charlie's next in line, I've got to stay alive!"

Doesn't appear to be on youtube, sadly.

Reminds me of the Spitting Image with the Queen singing "One will survive".

"As long as Charlie's next in line, I've got to stay alive!"

Doesn't appear to be on youtube, sadly.

Had a root round youtube, couldn't find it but i did find this:

I went for 91 for Queen Elizabeth (12 December 2017) and 95 for Prince Philip (8 July 2016).

I went for 91 for Queen Elizabeth (12 December 2017) and 95 for Prince Philip (8 July 2016).

If your prediction comes true, I wonder if she'll have pre-recorded her Christmas speech by the 12th. Would they play it posthumously if she had just died or would they call Charlie in to hurriedly do a replacement? If the nation was in mourning, maybe they'd just call the whole thing off.

Coincidentally was listening to Keys to Your Heart by the 101ers driving in to work this morning, so picked 101 for both. Scientific, eh?

This article details what will happen when the Queen does eventually die. Fascinating stuff.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-2015-3

Little news there, but one bit caught my eye: "the words of the national anthem will be changed". To what? "God help us, now he's king"?

According to this other article, if the Queen drops during the night, no announcement will be made until 8 am on the following morning: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/02/what-happens-when-the-queen-dies-inside-the-bridge.html

Good luck trying to keep it from leaking on social media, guys...

"The Queen is hopeful that she will outlive her four remaining dogs." Sounds like a new poll topic for us!

Also, "The less talked-about issue is how she will cope, emotionally and practically, when her husband Prince Philip, soon to be 94, who has already had several close shaves, dies." As we were saying, that will be the big test.

According to this other article, if the Queen drops during the night, no announcement will be made until 8 am on the following morning: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/06/02/what-happens-when-the-queen-dies-inside-the-bridge.html

Good luck trying to keep it from leaking on social media, guys...

"The Queen is hopeful that she will outlive her four remaining dogs." Sounds like a new poll topic for us!

Also, "The less talked-about issue is how she will cope, emotionally and practically, when her husband Prince Philip, soon to be 94, who has already had several close shaves, dies." As we were saying, that will be the big test.

Did Mandela's death leak before the announcement? I don't mean the hundreds of preemptive ones. That's the closest to how it would be kept under wraps in the modern social media age.

This article details what will happen when the Queen does eventually die. Fascinating stuff.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-2015-3

They haven't got everything right, though.

"Prince William will become the new Prince of Wales — Charles’ current role."

While that may well happen, it's not automatic. 'Prince of Wales' is a title in the gift of the monarch. Prince Charles himself wasn't created Prince of Wales until 1958, six years after his mother's accession.

Once Philip dies, Elizabeth will think of Queen Victoria and attempt to outlive her husband by a couple of decades.

• Like 2

While that may well happen, it's not automatic. 'Prince of Wales' is a title in the gift of the monarch. Prince Charles himself wasn't created Prince of Wales until 1958, six years after his mother's accession.

This is actually quite important the opportunities for pomp are part of the thing that keeps the monarchy popular. I think about three years after Charles becomes king they will all decamp to Caernavon for the investiture. If it happens sooner than that then I would think Charles would need to go on the list.

This is actually quite important the opportunities for pomp are part of the thing that keeps the monarchy popular. I think about three years after Charles becomes king they will all decamp to Caernavon for the investiture. If it happens sooner than that then I would think Charles would need to go on the list.

Ah, but PC's Investiture took place a long time after he was made PoW. The ceremony isn't a necessary part of it.

But times are different, and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't give William the title for a few years, or even not at all. William already has a dukedom and other titles, so there's no urgency about it. By comparison, the Queen could have given Anne the title of Princess Royal at any time after 1965 (when the previous holder died), but she kept it back for years so that it could be seen to have been earned through Anne's charity work.

Little news there, but one bit caught my eye: "the words of the national anthem will be changed". To what? "God help us, now he's king"?

Of course it will be changed. It changed when she became queen from "God Save The King" to "God Save The Queen"

Perhaps they're thinking of bringing back this verse...

Lord, grant that Marshal Wade, May by thy mighty aid, Victory bring. May he sedition hush, and like a torrent rush, Rebellious Scots to crush, God save the King.
  • Like 1

Ah, but PC's Investiture took place a long time after he was made PoW. The ceremony isn't a necessary part of it.

But times are different, and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't give William the title for a few years, or even not at all. William already has a dukedom and other titles, so there's no urgency about it. By comparison, the Queen could have given Anne the title of Princess Royal at any time after 1965 (when the previous holder died), but she kept it back for years so that it could be seen to have been earned through Anne's charity work.

True he was also made PoW when he was 19 years old so just after he reached his majority a milestone William has already passed.

True he was also made PoW when he was 19 years old so just after he reached his majority a milestone William has already passed.

No, he was 9 when he was created PoW in 1958. You are thinking of the investiture ceremony which took place on 1 July 1969 when he was 20. This was the same year that the age of majority was reduced from 21 to 18, but I don't think that was a factor.

On 18/08/2015 at 12:32, Sir Creep said:

Women live longer than men, period. Don't make me pull up that old Alan King bit about 'survived by his wife'.

SC

Yup