Jump to content
Sean

Carol Channing

Recommended Posts

My first hit of the year : honestly, one of those picks that you don’t wanna see the death of, really sad...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why oh why was she never put on the list ? :scratchhead:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Why oh why was she never put on the list ? :scratchhead:

Another expert. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Why oh why was she never put on the list ? :scratchhead:

Actually Carol Channing was in excellent health till last year. I would absolutely think she would make it to 100 and beyond. You can argue everyone thinks the same about Betty White and she was put on anyway, but that is fairly recent and surely can't put on the list every old actress who looks good for her age (there is  a plethora of actresses born in the 20s that still looks amazing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, drol said:

Actually Carol Channing was in excellent health till last year. I would absolutely think she would make it to 100 and beyond. You can argue everyone thinks the same about Betty White and she was put on anyway, but that is fairly recent and surely can't put on the list every old actress who looks good for her age (there is  a plethora of actresses born in the 20s that still looks amazing).

And Betty White is a bigger name than Carol Channing and will get more coverage and attention when she dies than Carol has had today.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

And Betty White is a bigger name than Carol Channing and will get more coverage and attention when she dies than Carol has had today.

 

No she won't.

She may well get a bigger obit stateside but 99% of what she has done has been US centric,  apart from Golden Girls which was shoved onto Channel 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

No she won't.

She may well get a bigger obit stateside but 99% of what she has done has been US centric,  apart from Golden Girls which was shoved onto Channel 4.

I think the Golden Girls itself might be what  gives her slightly more coverage in the UK as well. It was mentioned in Coronation Street the other week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like others have said, also my first hit of the year for my personal DL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Goodbye, Dolly.

My mother hated her. I hope I had her in some pool just as a symbolic tip o the cap to me mum but I doubt it.  

SC

You picked her in Alt Obits apparently...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The excellent point was made by one of my deadpoolers that Channing was almost certainly the last person living that Rich Little used to impersonate.  I think Kissinger may have been a possibility but if not he’s probably correct.

SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My second hit, this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I chose to keep her on my list at the last minute. Officially on the board now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use