Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Ronnie Corbett

Just saw Cat O`Falks post about there not being a thread for Ronnie Corbett which I found surprising given his age notability and high profile collpase. Anyway he is of course best known for his role in the Two Ronnies and the sitcom Sorry! and is considered widely to be a "national treasure".He collapsed in a restaurant 3 years ago.He also spent several days in hospital last year after suffering chest pains.He also vehemently dismissed rumours of his retirement last year but I haven`t seen him on TV since Rolf Harris was convicted.I would be surprised if he went this year or next but he is nearly 85 and not been in the rudest of health so certainly one to keep on the radar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2541730/It-goodnight-getting-new-knee-Ronnie-Corbett-came-close-death-collapsed-having-joint-replacement.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10700961/Ronnie-Corbett-suffers-chest-pains.html

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Ronnie-Corbett-m-fed-retirement-rumours/story-20878060-detail/story.html

• Like 1

Isn't he still making adverts for those "frozen meals for the elderly" companies?

Anyway, a good Ronnie Corbett impression is an essential tool. Up there with being able to do a good Jimmy Stewart or Jimmy Savile in my book.

Isn't he still making adverts for those "frozen meals for the elderly" companies?

Anyway, a good Ronnie Corbett impression is an essential tool. Up there with being able to do a good Jimmy Stewart or Jimmy Savile in my book.

Aren`t all those adverts several years old now though?I remember he used to live around my old house and was often spotted in Waitrose despite appearing in adverts for Tesco at the time.I can do a moderately good Ronnie Corbett impression but my voice cuts out after a few seconds.

"It's wonderful to be back, isn't it, Ronnie? Ronnie? Wake up, we're on Ron....Oh MY GOD!"

Fucking hell!!!!

First Carol Channing and now its lil Ronnie.

They are all MY fucking picks, everybody else can sod of and leave them alone!!!!!!!! :D

The good Ron, at the height of his Sky advertising career with Alice Cooper, bought a Sky+ off me in Edinburgh for his house on the coast (Gullane/North Berwick way).

I said to him I thought he would have freebies because of the ads, but he told me Sky only gave him one which he used in his English home.

And he has a reputation for being tight....

• Like 1

Fucking hell!!!!

They are all MY fucking picks, everybody else can sod of and leave them alone!!!!!!!! :D

we need Clifton James and Sean Connery threads as well

Fucking hell!!!!

Surprised Sean doesn`t have his own thread.He is a former Deathlist candidate after all!

• Like 1

Bond thread covers him. The man who would be King was his only other decent role.

• Like 1

Oh My God ! Have you not seen Zardoz ?

Oh sorry you said "decent role"

:flame2:

Fucking hell!!!!

Otherwise it's a night in the box

And it's a very Happy Birthday to you Ronnie! :birthday::party:

Ronnie Corbett would probably be a good candidate for 2016.

Agree with those who have said Sean Connery definitely deserves his own thread, unless there's a thread for James Bond related people.

The No Ronnies

• Like 2

Ronnie Corbett would probably be a good candidate for 2016.

Agree with those who have said Sean Connery definitely deserves his own thread, unless there's a thread for James Bond related people.

Very good as it turns out, he's dead.

So it's goodnight from him...

• Like 2

I had a feeling (for some unknown reason) that he wouldn't be around for that much longer.

​RIP - he did a lot of good stuff throughout his career and he seemed like a good bloke.

btw - will there be any celebrities that survive 2016?! Its turning into a real charnel house and we're not even out of the first quarter of the year yet….

Brucie has outlived many friends over the years but this one will really hurt.........

Guest Guest

Four Candles!

Goodnight Ronnie

Really sad to hear this.A giant of British comedy:(

Sold him a Sky+ at the height of him &Alice Cooper advertising it. His deal only gave him one freebie and he had a house in Gullane and London.

True story dat.

And it's a very Happy Birthday to you Ronnie! :birthday::party:

His last.

This is getting ridiculous. Can someone sacrifice a goat or something just to appease the gods?

• Like 1

First I've heard...March has been the slayer of celebrities. For some reason, I liked him better in The Two Ronnies, although in solo work Ronnie Barker was a giant in my opinion.

This is another one that hurts. Many thanks for giving us your talent sir, so sorry the world doesn't have you in it any more. RIP.

• Like 2