Sign in to follow this  
Sir Creep

Deaths On Live Tv

Also the thread started with inquiries about murders on live broadcasts, then segues into suicides. So what...no harm in expanding the topic.

Also the thread started with inquiries about murders on live broadcasts, then segues into suicides. So what...no harm in expanding the topic.

I'm just giving Creep as much crap as he gives other people

• Like 3

To be fair to SC, smart tellys mean shite like Facebook live will be on their TV, same as YouTube...

Tis the modern way.

I prefer receiving a letter telling me an uncle died 5 months back tbh. The immediacy of this Age, "grates".

'Death by letter' , possibly not a page turning thread tho...

To be fair to SC, smart tellys mean shite like Facebook live will be on their TV, same as YouTube...

Tis the modern way.

I prefer receiving a letter telling me an uncle died 5 months back tbh. The immediacy of this Age, "grates".

'Death by letter' , possibly not a page turning thread tho...

Well i'very only ever watched one YouTube live broadcast and that was Lemmy's funeral. Sure there may be a time when Facebook Live replaces terrestrial TV channels, but I think we still have a few more years to go.

The app is in most TVs these days,, and on occasions, I have watched a fair bit of live football on YouTube.

Plus live broadcasts of AGMs. They can be fun.

A man suspected of shooting and killing another man who was streaming live on Facebook in North Carolina was arrested Tuesday morning, authorities said.

Douglas Colson, 65, was arrested on suspicion of shooting Prentis Robinson as Robinson was recording himself walking in the town of Wingate on Monday, Union County sheriff's spokesman Tony Underwood said.   Robinson, a 55-year-old whose Facebook page is filled with videos of him playing instruments and walking down streets with a selfie-stick, was transmitting himself live on Facebook Monday morning when the shooting happened.
SC

.   Robinson, a 55-year-old whose Facebook page is filled with videos of him playing instruments and walking down streets with a selfie-stick, was transmitting himself live on Facebook Monday morning when the shooting happened.

^^ totally fucking justified killing.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2015 at 20:39, YoungWillz said:

Was it Albert Dryden, the planning officer and the BBC reporter?

https://youtu.be/9VwlSihAMKs

Albert Dryden becomes the fourth hit on my poorly performing Shadowlist. https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/16884481.albert-dryden-who-shot-dead-planning-officer-near-consett-dies-in-care-home/

Ha, making up for it elsewhere, so...meh.

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Albert Dryden becomes the fourth hit on my poorly performing Shadowlist. https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/16884481.albert-dryden-who-shot-dead-planning-officer-near-consett-dies-in-care-home/

Ha, making up for it elsewhere, so...meh.

Even BBC have him - a total celeb, then: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tyne-45557805

About 40 students were watching Paola De Simone’s virtual lecture about 20th century world history when she stopped interacting with the slides.

When they noticed the professor in distress and struggling to breathe, they asked for her address to call an ambulance, but she did not respond.  At one point, De Simone seemed to contact her husband, and students stayed with her on the call until her husband arrived.

The 46-year-old college professor, who taught at the Argentine University of Enterprise in Buenos Aires, died shortly after collapsing during the virtual class. The professor had posted on Twitter last week that her coronavirus symptoms had persisted for weeks.

SC

17 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Chinese vlogger Lamu dies after her ex-husband allegedly doused her in gas/petrol and set fire to her as she was attempting to live stream.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-54380148

Just awful.I hope he has been caught and sent to jail for life. 

• Like 1

Didnt Sid James die on stage? I remember my Dad saying that he went to a play Sid James was in and he died while he was floating in the air - plus everyone at the time everyone thought Sid was kidding but then the curtains closed on him and the news announced he was dead the next day.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Didnt Sid James die on stage? I remember my Dad saying that he went to a play Sid James was in and he died while he was floating in the air - plus everyone at the time everyone thought Sid was kidding but then the curtains closed on him and the news announced he was dead the next day.

Sid James died in the Sunderland theatre that is correct. He didn't reply to the dialogue on the stage. The audience thought it was ad lib

3 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

Sid James died in the Sunderland theatre but to my knowledge it wasn't on stage. I think your confused with Tommy Cooper 

I was told he was on stage suspended from the ceiling. An extract from Wikipedia:

On 26 April 1976, while on a revival tour of The Mating Season, a 1969 farce by the Northern Irish playwright Sam Cree, James suffered a heart attack on stage at the Sunderland Empire Theatre. Actress Olga Lowe thought that he was playing a practical joke at first when he failed to reply to her dialogue. When he failed to reply to her ad libs, she moved towards the wings to seek help. The technical manager, Melvyn James, called for the curtain to close and requested a doctor, while the audience – who were unaware of what was happening – laughed, believing the events to be part of the show. He was taken to the Sunderland Royal Hospital by ambulance, but was pronounced dead on arrival. He was 62.[16]

Just to follow this up, this article claims that Sid James haunts the Sunderland theatre and that people have seen a white orb resembling him only yards away from where he died. Not sure if I believe it, me being an atheist and all, but really interesting read.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/theatre-lover-catches-ghost-sid-11498050

1 minute ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Not sure if I believe it, me being an atheist and all,

Being an atheist and believing in ghosts are not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Being an atheist and believing in ghosts are not mutually exclusive.

I guess I was mostly referring to an afterlife in general, but yeah I probably should've used better phrasing.