maryportfuncity

Authors Last A Long Time, But....

Well, I don't see any actual post in a thread for David Powlison and his cancer battle.  I know he was associated with Billy Graham, and I know the same about university, but I guess his personal claim to fame will be as an author.  

Anyway, here's David Powlison's update, three rounds of chemo down.

19 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Well, I don't see any actual post in a thread for David Powlison and his cancer battle.  I know he was associated with Billy Graham, and I know the same about university, but I guess his personal claim to fame will be as an author.  

Anyway, here's David Powlison's update, three rounds of chemo down.

Still stage 4 pancan

6 hours ago, Banana said:

Still stage 4 pancan

Oh he's going to be a late season death or a damn near D40 if he survives.  That's why I have him in Hare's, I figure November or so the Reaper comes a-callin

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

:clivedunn:

It was basically a dead heat. (Or a 'dead' heat)

• Haha 1

Just now, alt obits guy said:

It was basically a dead heat.

11 minutes ain't gonna cut it in many races....:lol:

• Haha 1

Now this one qualifies as an author as responsible for 80% of the books lfn has ever owned.

John Haynes, deid

https://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/news/17424352.john-haynes-of-haynes-car-manuals-dies-aged-80/

18 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Betty Ballantine, who along with her late husband Ian were paperback publishing pioneers, has died.  She was 99.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/02/13/paperback-pioneer-betty-ballantine-dead-at-99/

I always feel a bit sad when someone dies at 99 and doesn't get to the big 100. Someone I know great Nan (or maybe Great-great) died suddenly a day or two before her 100th

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I always feel a bit sad when someone dies at 99 and doesn't get to the big 100. Someone I know great Nan (or maybe Great-great) died suddenly a day or two before her 100th

My maternal grandmother's mother died at age 99, a little more than half a year away from 100.

Mary Higgins Clark is still alive. I wish her a long life, if she is healthy enough to enjoy it, but she's 91 & I enjoyed her novels & I'd like to mention her name...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Unique DDP pick - someone had inside info...

Twitter chatter says there was a documentary last year where she admitted she was very ill. Poor research lads, BBC 4 isn't there for your entertainment.

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Twitter chatter says there was a documentary last year where she admitted she was very ill. Poor research lads, BBC 4 isn't there for your entertainment.

Point of Order, imagine is actually on BBC1.

BBC4's where you learn about Virago Books founders, and aging rockers with COPD...

• Like 2

Jeraldine Saunders, whose1974 book 'The Love Boats', about her experience as the first female cruise director of a major line, was used as the basis for the long-running American TV series 'The Love Boat', has died.  She was 96.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/jeraldine-saunders-dies-love-boat-1202565334/

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075529/

• Sad 1