Jump to content
maryportfuncity

Authors Last A Long Time, But....

Recommended Posts

Well, I don't see any actual post in a thread for David Powlison and his cancer battle.  I know he was associated with Billy Graham, and I know the same about university, but I guess his personal claim to fame will be as an author.  

Anyway, here's David Powlison's update, three rounds of chemo down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Well, I don't see any actual post in a thread for David Powlison and his cancer battle.  I know he was associated with Billy Graham, and I know the same about university, but I guess his personal claim to fame will be as an author.  

Anyway, here's David Powlison's update, three rounds of chemo down.

 

Still stage 4 pancan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Banana said:

 

Still stage 4 pancan

Oh he's going to be a late season death or a damn near D40 if he survives.  That's why I have him in Hare's, I figure November or so the Reaper comes a-callin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

:clivedunn:

It was basically a dead heat. (Or a 'dead' heat)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alt obits guy said:

It was basically a dead heat.

11 minutes ain't gonna cut it in many races....:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Rosamund Pilcher has her own day of the storm aged 94.

Second hit on my shadow list against zero for the committee.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this one qualifies as an author as responsible for 80% of the books lfn has ever owned.

 

John Haynes, deid

 

https://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/news/17424352.john-haynes-of-haynes-car-manuals-dies-aged-80/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Betty Ballantine, who along with her late husband Ian were paperback publishing pioneers, has died.  She was 99.

 

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/02/13/paperback-pioneer-betty-ballantine-dead-at-99/

 

I always feel a bit sad when someone dies at 99 and doesn't get to the big 100. Someone I know great Nan (or maybe Great-great) died suddenly a day or two before her 100th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I always feel a bit sad when someone dies at 99 and doesn't get to the big 100. Someone I know great Nan (or maybe Great-great) died suddenly a day or two before her 100th

My maternal grandmother's mother died at age 99, a little more than half a year away from 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mary Higgins Clark is still alive. I wish her a long life, if she is healthy enough to enjoy it, but she's 91 & I enjoyed her novels & I'd like to mention her name...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Unique DDP pick - someone had inside info...

Twitter chatter says there was a documentary last year where she admitted she was very ill. Poor research lads, BBC 4 isn't there for your entertainment.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Twitter chatter says there was a documentary last year where she admitted she was very ill. Poor research lads, BBC 4 isn't there for your entertainment.

 

Point of Order, imagine is actually on BBC1.

 

BBC4's where you learn about Virago Books founders, and aging rockers with COPD...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use