Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

On September 8, 2016 at 08:38, YoungWillz said:

I've seen continuing reports that Sally Sweetland is dead, but cannot find anything recent, and no reliable links. Any takers for a hunt down?

Got a note from this guy in Banning just today:

Our City Clerk forwarded me your inquiry.

Based on the records I’ve seen online, I’m sad to say that Sally Sweetland passed away on February 8, 2015 at the age of 103. One of our council members who knew her just confirmed that with me this morning.

She had been a resident of the Sun Lakes community here in the city and was very well-respected. This article ran in our local newspaper shortly before she passed -http://www.recordgazette.net/news/sun_lakes_life/sally-sweetland-celebrates-years-young/article_dd2c0958-44c4-11e4-a24c-77099d932499.html

Regards,

Philip Southard

Public Information Officer

Office of the City Manager

City of Banning Office: (951) 922-3103

99 E. Ramsey Street Fax: (951) 922-3112

P. O. Box 998 E-mail: psouthard@ci.banning.ca.us

Banning, CA 92220-0998 www.ci.banning.ca.us

• Like 3

Cheers, that sets that to rest then. Amazed there has been so little mention of her passing.

DDP phantom Edwin Drummond's fundraising page is not alive anymore. I wonder whether he's dead now, and it got lost, because he lived in the USA at last.

Got into a Drummond hole on Facebook, his daughter never updates her profile. This is his sister's profile, but she shares every single missing dog report in a 500mile radius so it's too tough to find any references to Eddy.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 15:34, msc said:

A bit late, Handrejka, but from April this year: an interview with your man, Monty Lister. Apparently he turns 90 sometime this year.

I've found out he is still alive but has mild dementia and is living in a care home in Wirral. 

On 21.9.2017 at 00:39, Spade_Cooley said:

Got into a Drummond hole on Facebook, his daughter never updates her profile. This is his sister's profile, but she shares every single missing dog report in a 500mile radius so it's too tough to find any references to Eddy.

I forgot to reply. I also spend an outrageous amount of time looking for something there. I think he was living in America in the end. But his family in the UK. 

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 09:55, Handrejka said:

Anyone know if Robert Lee (MInd Your Language, Chinese Detecive etc) is still alive.

He'd be 102 now if he is. He's listed as alive on wiki but then so was Patricia Laffan.

Wiki now has him having died in 1986.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lee_(actor,_born_1914)

Imdb has him dead in 86 as well, one of the user reviews (dated Dec 2000) for the last film he was in says he passed shortly after post production 

So as any fan of dead celebrities should know, the entire jury in 12 Angry Men has been dead since Jack Klugman's passing in 2012. There are six other (very minor) roles in the film (excluding the extras in the crowd scene at the end). IMDB lists deaths for four of them. John Savoca, who only appeared in one film in his life (he is the accused they spend the film talking about) seems to have died on 29 June 2005

That only leaves the guard, who brings the requested evidence to the room and causes some annoyance by locking the door. Unfortunately, the actor playing him was called James Kelly, a completely ungoogleable name. He had a very small career, lasting only seven years. You would assume he's dead (he looks at least mid-40s in the film, putting his date of birth surely before the start of WW1) and has been for some time. But can anyone prove it? 

Someone has played a wildcard in my work poll of Roger Mugford who is an dog behaviour expert who regularly appears on Good Morning Britain. I am fairly certain he would obit but he does not have a wiki page and I cannot find a date of birth for him. I have checked his publisher website but their copy is almost identical to his website. Any advice?

Degree in 1968, so born 1946/7?

Which allows me to put him into the company director stats site, and brings up a June  1946 birth for Dr Arthur Roger Mugford, who does all these pet and dog things, so I'd presume is the guy you want?

• Thanks 1

Oh you beat me to it! That was a fun waste of 15 minutes of my life!

Rather strangely none of his Appointment forms show the day in June - hence why it shows as June 1946 rather than a specific date - I can't think of any good reason for withholding that information.

• Thanks 1

The actress Barbara Kellerman is still active at 68, tho her dad died a few years back.

Her mother however I think is still alive, must be @ 100 , former French Resistance, name of Marcelle, sure she would have been noted in passing.

Anycunto any info?

17 minutes ago, charon said:

The actress Barbara Kellerman is still active at 68, tho her dad died a few years back.

Her mother however I think is still alive, must be @ 100 , former French Resistance, name of Marcelle, sure she would have been noted in passing.

Anycunto any info?

Died mid-2015 according to this:

5i9wyAj.jpg

• Thanks 1

Born 1921 according to Smashwords link to her book, so about 94 when she went, by looks of above?

Cheers folks.

On 05/12/2017 at 13:45, Spade_Cooley said:

So as any fan of dead celebrities should know, the entire jury in 12 Angry Men has been dead since Jack Klugman's passing in 2012. There are six other (very minor) roles in the film (excluding the extras in the crowd scene at the end). IMDB lists deaths for four of them. John Savoca, who only appeared in one film in his life (he is the accused they spend the film talking about) seems to have died on 29 June 2005

That only leaves the guard, who brings the requested evidence to the room and causes some annoyance by locking the door. Unfortunately, the actor playing him was called James Kelly, a completely ungoogleable name. He had a very small career, lasting only seven years. You would assume he's dead (he looks at least mid-40s in the film, putting his date of birth surely before the start of WW1) and has been for some time. But can anyone prove it? 

Did you ever find out if James Kelly died? So if he is that means the entire cast of 12 angry men is dead?

Does anybody know if former bear expert Dr. Barrie K. Gilbert is still alive?

14 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Does anybody know if former bear expert Dr. Barrie K. Gilbert is still alive?

His Facebook page shows activity dating from September 2017, so I'd assume he's still alive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Dead Cow said:

His Facebook page shows activity dating from September 2017, so I'd assume he's still alive.

Cool, thanks. :)

13 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Did you ever find out if James Kelly died? So if he is that means the entire cast of 12 angry men is dead?

I honestly have no idea where to start being as it's such a common name. What I do have is that I'm pretty sure his middle initial was "A", and being as 12 Angry Men was filmed in New York it's not too much of a leap to imagine he lived there for a while. That's it though.

Might there be a nerdy film fan site somewhere that focuses on particular films?

I've tried looking but, even for such a legendary film, you're talking about an actor who was on screen for less than 30 seconds all in all 60 years ago.

I think the only hope is finding someone online saying "oh my grandfather was in that film, he played the guard" and tracking down from there.

• Like 1