Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

24 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

This is why someone edited his page in the first place:

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/miami-fl/roy-miller-6099845

As you can see the date of birth almost -- but doesn't quite -- match the test cricketer.  Wrong person. 

Or a mistake was made on the birth date on the memorial page, confusing the birth date and death and accidentally putting 24 Aug twice instead of b. 24 Dec and then d. 24 Aug?

It happens, can’t rule that out.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Or a mistake was made on the birth date on the memorial page, confusing the birth date and death and accidentally putting 24 Aug twice instead of b. 24 Dec and then d. 24 Aug?

It happens, can’t rule that out.

Yes, that's a possibility.  Unrelated to your search -- and just because it's ridiculously coincidental --  American linguist Roy Andrew Miller was born September 24, 1924 and died August 22, 2014.  He's also not the Florida Roy Miller as this guy died in Honolulu, Hawaii.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Andrew_Miller

Don't suppose anybody knows if Jarvis Astaire is still knocking about? 

He is the British boxing promoter famous for bringing Muhammed Ali to the UK and would be 96 today but can't find much about him as of recent. 

1 hour ago, dean1991 said:

He is the British boxing promoter famous for bringing Muhammed Ali to the UK and would be 96 today but can't find much about him as of recent. 

Papers acknowledge his birthday today, so presumed alive.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Papers acknowledge his birthday today, so presumed alive.

Cheers, Det. CREEP

4 hours ago, dean1991 said:

Definitely alive. Who's Who has a live entry for "Jarvis Joseph Astaire [OBE, 2004] b. 6 Oct 1923".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/08/2019 at 22:33, Ulitzer95 said:

This one intrigues me.

Roy Miller, who is supposedly 95 in December is supposed to be the 3rd oldest Test cricketer, albeit he only played a single match then dropped off the radar. On top of that, he is the oldest Test cricketer from the West Indies, just two months older than Sir Everton Weekes. 

One problem though. I can find no concrete evidence to suggest he is still alive, other than the oldest cricketers table (which has been wrong and outdated in the past), and this blog from 2018, which looks like it just copied the info from the Wikipedia or ESPN tables.

In late 2014, somebody edited Miller's Wikipedia page to say that he died on 21st August 2014 in Miami, Florida. Of course, it was reverted for being unsourced.

So, not heard from in years, no coverage or interviews anywhere. I can believe it's true. Is he dead?

Well someone into their cricket clearly reads this site. ESPN have confirmed he died in 2014.

Please, does someone know if Dolores Ethel Mae Barrymore is still alive?

https://www.geni.com/people/Dolores-Barrymore/6000000006809896858

She's the daughter of the famous actor John Barrymore and his third wife, Dolores Costello. Born on 8. April 1930 and still alive in 2011, according to her nephew:

http://eeriedigest.com/2011/08/interview-with-actor-john-blyth-barrymore/

John had two other children, Diana ("Too much, too soon"), from his second marriage with Blanche Oelrichs, and John Jr. (Drew Barrymore's father) with Dolores Costello. Both are already dead. 

Dolores Ethel Mae married twice. Her first husband was Thomas A. Fairbanks, her second was Lewis Joseph Bedell. She had or has four children.

I tried "find a grave", but there is no result. 

Her dear father was one of my favorites and I would be very grateful, if someone who knows or knew her would tell me what became of her.

6 minutes ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

Please, does someone know if Dolores Ethel Mae Barrymore is still alive?

https://www.geni.com/people/Dolores-Barrymore/6000000006809896858

She's the daughter of the famous actor John Barrymore and his third wife, Dolores Costello. Born on 8. April 1930 and still alive in 2011, according to her nephew:

http://eeriedigest.com/2011/08/interview-with-actor-john-blyth-barrymore/

John had two other children, Diana ("Too much, too soon"), from his second marriage with Blanche Oelrichs, and John Jr. (Drew Barrymore's father) with Dolores Costello. Both are already dead. 

Dolores Ethel Mae married twice. Her first husband was Thomas A. Fairbanks, her second was Lewis Joseph Bedell. She had or has four children.

I tried "find a grave", but there is no result. 

Her dear father was one of my favorites and I would be very grateful, if someone who knows or knew her would tell me what became of her.

Can't find anything so I would assume still living, but not possible to know for sure really.

Recent U.S. death records are not publicly accessible online.

• Like 1

This is probably more in the urban myth territory but seeing as I'd Rather Jack was on Top of the pops last night does anyone know the fate of The Reynolds Girls? There have been rumours for years that one of them died in childbirth. A few years ago a tv director was looking for them for a SAW documentary and didn't have any luck. 

Does anyone know for sure? 

14 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

This is probably more in the urban myth territory but seeing as I'd Rather Jack was on Top of the pops last night does anyone know the fate of The Reynolds Girls? There have been rumours for years that one of them died in childbirth. A few years ago a tv director was looking for them for a SAW documentary and didn't have any luck. 

Linda went on to be in Hype, who supported "...And Party" era Take That on tour.

On 08/02/2020 at 17:38, Handrejka said:

I just stumbled upon this post on Digital Spy which has a fairly recent photo of them

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/95370281#Comment_95370281

which I traced back to this page

https://talkaboutpopmusic.com/2018/06/02/where-are-they-now-the-reynolds-girls/

which alas, also asks Where Are They Now?  :D

• Like 2

"Talk About Pop Music" drove me up the wall researching for my #1 Hits team. Every fifth person I'd google, they'd have an entire article that just amounts to "hell if we know either". Are pop blogs written by bots now?

8 hours ago, machotrouts said:

"Talk About Pop Music" drove me up the wall researching for my #1 Hits team. Every fifth person I'd google, they'd have an entire article that just amounts to "hell if we know either". Are pop blogs written by bots now?

Single gay men in their 40s. So effectively, yes.

Khampheng Boupha, one of the few women of the Central Committee of  the Lao People's Revolutionary Party. Surely was alive in 1993 when she published a book of memories. Also seems to have an Ancestry profile, which I have not access to. Search is complicated by the fact her name in Lao is not easily available. Would be 97 if still alive.

26 minutes ago, drol said:

Khampheng Boupha, one of the few women of the Central Committee of  the Lao People's Revolutionary Party. Surely was alive in 1993 when she published a book of memories. Also seems to have an Ancestry profile, which I have not access to. Search is complicated by the fact her name in Lao is not easily available. Would be 97 if still alive.

@drol, send me the Ancestry link and I will have a crack at it for you.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

@drol, send me the Ancestry link and I will have a crack at it for you.

https://www.ancestry.com/search/categories/33/?name=_Boupha&name_x=1_1

EDIT: Yes, that's one less H, not exactly her name.

6 minutes ago, drol said:

https://www.ancestry.com/search/categories/33/?name=_Boupha&name_x=1_1

EDIT: Yes, that's one less H, not exactly her name.

I don't know how much you can see but I'll tell you what's there on full access:

Khamouan Boupha
Khamouane Boupha
Kampheng Boupha
Khan Ouane Boupha
Kham Ouane 
Boupha

All given as alternative spellings in the listings of the same individual. One of the bios says born 1919, not 1923 as listed on Wikipedia. These listings come from the book Who's Who in the World (Marquis(TM)). The last one Boupha appears in is the 18th edition in 2001 so either the book went out of print or she died. Hope this helps in your search!

• Like 1

Centenarian violinist and composer Elisabeth Waldo is supposed to turn 102 tomorrow, she's also the elder sister of voice actress Janet Waldo (1919–2016) 

But I think she may have died off radar. Someone updated her Geni page last month to add a 2020 year of death. Her website hasn't been updated in some time, no recent photos. Dead?

Edit: This Ancestry tree also lists a place of death: Northridge, Los Angeles, California but gives no date, not even a year. The plot thickens...

• Like 1

Looking up folk involved in Lillie (1978) and found out Joseph Horovitz (the composer) is still alive aged 94 as The Guardian mentioned him being alive in 2017. However, in one episode only as a Baroness is actress Jessica Spencer, who has no Date of Death on imdb and was born 1919.

Now, my Occam's Razor tends to tell me that if an actress with her credits had reached 100 last year, someone would have mentioned it. But I couldn't find anything on her death, so pass it over to the detectives here to see, on the off chance I am absolutely wrong here and there is actually an 100 year old actress completely under our noses.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, msc said:

Looking up folk involved in Lillie (1978) and found out Joseph Horovitz (the composer) is still alive aged 94 as The Guardian mentioned him being alive in 2017. However, in one episode only as a Baroness is actress Jessica Spencer, who has no Date of Death on imdb and was born 1919.

Now, my Occam's Razor tends to tell me that if an actress with her credits had reached 100 last year, someone would have mentioned it. But I couldn't find anything on her death, so pass it over to the detectives here to see, on the off chance I am absolutely wrong here and there is actually an 100 year old actress completely under our noses.

Died earlier this year, there was a death notice in the Telegraph but it was under her married name Jessica Coryton

EDIT: Her death apparently means there are now no people left from the original production of The Mouse Trap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Died earlier this year, there was a death notice in the Telegraph but it was under her married name Jessica Coryton

EDIT: Her death apparently means there are now no people left from the original production of The Mouse Trap.

Thanks, Spade. So she genuinely was under our noses, although the LOTL is quite full this year as it is...

• Like 1

On 07/09/2015 at 10:52, Spade_Cooley said:

A thread for, in the spirit of Doreen Keogh and Gerard Sim, detective work that needs to be undertaken by deathlisters to ascertain as to whether people with possible claims to celebritydom are still alive.

I mainly ask this because I cannot find, after two hours online, if Brian Walker is still alive. My assumption is the man's death would at least get a mention somewhere, as he was the only man in history to be both a member of The Wurzels and a contributing artist to Viz. He was part of the original Adge Cutler line-up of the West Country's finest but left soon after their first album was released (he'd also played with Acker Bilk as well). He then became a full-time comics artist, and has his own entry in the Dictionary of British Comics. He drew mainly for Whizzer and Chips, an example of his work is pictured below:

But I cannot find a) a death notice for him (he would be 89 now), or any sign of him making any sort of public declaration of being alive any time in the past decade. Can this forum's more learned members help out?

Also, please suggest other names you consider to be Schroedinger's Dead Pool picks, not alive or dead until proven otherwise.

Thanks to the Googler who came across this thread, registered and messaged me to let us know that Brian Walker died last month.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Thanks to the Googler who came across this thread, registered and messaged me to let us know that Brian Walker died last month.

Technically he seems to have died in May if that article is from June.

• Like 1