Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

Kalima Amankulova.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalima_Amankulova

Would be 105 this year and with a fast google search I can see multiple sources saying (inluding the English wikipedia page that lists a date of birth but not a date of death) she's alive but with no proof. Even though she was the Chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the Kirghiz Soviet Republic (in 1938)  there seems to be only one photo of her everywhere. The Russian wikipedia however claims that she died in 2002 but I don't seem to find a source to that. Much more likely that she's already dead though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Rose West's mum...

Comment on another thread suggests she might be alive - v.old and likely to get a fleeting national press mention if and when, which won't be long, surely, if she is with us.

That'd be Daisy Gwendoline Fuller - b. 1919, married name as Daisy Letts but no date online other than the year.

Rose was born in 1953 in Northam, Devon - when her folks moved away and eventually separated her mum stayed in and around Cheltenham. Rose grew up in Bishops Cleeve. 

And - maybe searchable - her mum had mental health issues incl. getting ECT whilst expecting Rose (which might explain summat, eh?)

This one was addressed on another thread about a month ago. She is still alive. The press interviewed her not too long ago as well. I think she’s 101 later this month.

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This one was addressed on another thread about a month ago. She is still alive. The press interviewed her not too long ago as well. I think she’s 101 later this month.

Hmm

The other thread established Daisy (Rose's mum) was quoted in the press last year and that "all the evidence is..." suggesting she still lives

I'm assuming that's right. Likely a scoring pick and especially useful in the likes of HPDP where her age is no disadvantage

43 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hmm

The other thread established Daisy (Rose's mum) was quoted in the press last year and that "all the evidence is..." suggesting she still lives

I'm assuming that's right. Likely a scoring pick and especially useful in the likes of HPDP where her age is no disadvantage

Just had a look at the England and Wales probates for this year, which returned nothing, and she isn't in the GRO up to December 2019. Possible that she has died since then but I think it would've been noticed. I would say likely she is still alive.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Just had a look at the England and Wales probates for this year, which returned nothing, and she isn't in the GRO up to December 2019. Possible that she has died since then but I think it would've been noticed. I would say likely she is still alive.

I'm thinking she's gold for Deathrace/HPDP and one or two others. 

Deffo 101 by the time they all kick off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Kalima Amankulova.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalima_Amankulova

Would be 105 this year and with a fast google search I can see multiple sources saying (inluding the English wikipedia page that lists a date of birth but not a date of death) she's alive but with no proof. Even though she was the Chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the Kirghiz Soviet Republic (in 1938)  there seems to be only one photo of her everywhere. The Russian wikipedia however claims that she died in 2002 but I don't seem to find a source to that. Much more likely that she's already dead though

Tried to get a source for her in the past to update her Wiki page. Likely the 2002 date is correct but the only page online which covers her is here. Only lists her birth year. 

Almost certainly dead and just not widely publicised.

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I'm thinking she's gold for Deathrace/HPDP and one or two others. 

Deffo 101 by the time they all kick off. 

Mentioned her a few months back but worth doing another check... another parent of note is Keith Harris' mother, Lilian (known as "Lila") Harris who was born in 1917. 100th birthday report from Cheshire Liver in 2017. Nothing in the GRO or probates since then.

She was a singer and dancer in her own right and turning 104 next year. Could potentially obit.

Did a bit of research to find out which vice president candidates and vice presidents of the United States have alive parents:

(Every VP and VP nominee from before 2012 has both parents dead)

Sarah Palin's (Republican VP nominee in 2008) parents are alive according to a fast google search but looking a bit further it can be noticed that Sarah's mother Sally (b. 1940) died in 2009 and father Charles "Chuck" (b. 1938) died in 2004. Biden's parents are both dead, too.

Paul Ryan's (Republican VP nominee in 2012) parents? His father died in 1986 but I can't find a obit for her mother Elizabeth (b. 1934) anywhere.

Tim Kaine's (Democrat VP nominee in 2016) parents were both alive in 2016 and can't find a mention of their death anywhere.

Mike Pence's dad died in 1988 but his mother Ann Jane is still alive, born 1932. Kamala Harris's mother died in 2009 but his father Donald (b. 1938, too) is still alive.

15 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Jackie Boyce
b. Jack Wallace Boyce 23 April 1908 in Barnet
d. Jan–Mar 1987 in Barnet
Pretty certain on this one. Barnet represented the "New Southgate SC" in the tournament. In a 1939 residence record for the above Boyce his occupation is given as a worker for a scaffolding company. New Southgate Scaffolding Company?

I think New Southgate SC may be New Southgate Social Club, as it was common at the time for darts players (and snooker players, bowlers, etc) to be affiliated to a WMC or pub that they'd represent in tournaments. The New Southgate and Friern Barnet Social Club was founded in 1895, and still had an active darts team as of 2008.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I think New Southgate SC may be New Southgate Social Club, as it was common at the time for darts players (and snooker players, bowlers, etc) to be affiliated to a WMC or pub that they'd represent in tournaments. The New Southgate and Friern Barnet Social Club was founded in 1895, and still had an active darts team as of 2008.

That would make more sense! He was still the most likely one on there, but only the first name on there I was 100% on.

Alright, a new wee side project. 

Been looking at IMDb recently and noticed that it may be useful in fishing out some names of people who are slightly off our radar. The site also needs some updating for the names of some of individuals who have died, but for whatever reason the mods of the site haven't noticed.

So I decided to go through the top 500 profiles (i.e. most visited) for every birth year from 1916–1926 (i.e. turning 95–105 in 2021), and note all the names missing a date of death. Here's what I came up with. I'll need to populate this with notes later and I'll highlight all living individuals in green, all those dead in red and those we're uncertain of in orange.

Here are the names from the first four years. I'll add the other years later. For now, I've only researched 1916. Anyone please feel free to chip in in the meantime.

If we uncover death dates, I'll submit them to IMDb as updates.

1916:
Betty Rowland (IMDb) dancer and stripper – 100th birthday article from the Huff Post with photos... was this centenarian off our radar? They claim she's the last "star" from the Burlesque era
Carolina Barrett (IMDb) actress – died 13th October 2010 according to this. Other sources (mainly FB pages) say 2009... I'll try and submit this to IMDb

Beverly Cleary (IMDb) writer – living, as we all know

1917:
Marsha Hunt (IMDb) actress
Don Marion (IMDb) silent film actor
Daphne Courtney (IMDb) actress
Eleanor Hansen (IMDb) actress
Eddie Infante (IMDb) actor and director
Antonio Gradoli (IMDb) actor

1918:
Dusty Anderson (IMDb) actress
Michael Butler (IMDb) actor
Elisabeth Waldo (IMDb) violinist and composer
Shôichi Hirose (IMDb) actor
Mary McLeod (IMDb) actress
Anthony La Penna (IMDb) voice artist
Zachary Charles (IMDb) actor
Jack Billings (IMDb) choreographer
Eileen Bell (IMDb) actress

1919:
Nehemiah Persoff (IMDb) actor
Anne Douglas (IMDb) producer and actress
Silas Hathaway (IMDb) silent film actor
Walter Bernstein (IMDb) screenwriter
Caren Marsh (IMDb) actress and dancer
Alfie Scoop (IMDb) actor
Betty Brodel (IMDb) actress
Orlando Drummond (IMDb) actor
Walter Randall (IMDb) actor
Guido Gorgatti (IMDb) actor

1920–1926 I'll do tomorrow (there are a lot of names!)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

It makes no difference to the excellent detective work, but as I am originally from Barnet and know exactly where that club was, it was no work to google map it for a more up to date pic as I was curious if it was still there. But its now gone, or at least relocated

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Alright, a new wee side project. 

Been looking at IMDb recently and noticed that it may be useful in fishing out some names of people who are slightly off our radar. The site also needs some updating for the names of some of individuals who have died, but for whatever reason the mods of the site haven't noticed.

Here are the names from the first four years. I'll add the other years later. For now, I've only researched 1916. Anyone please feel free to chip in in the meantime.

1917:
Marsha Hunt (IMDb) actress
Don Marion (IMDb) silent film actor
Daphne Courtney (IMDb) actress
Eleanor Hansen (IMDb) actress
Eddie Infante (IMDb) actor and director
Antonio Gradoli (IMDb) actor

Ok, let's see if I can help with the first year just now.

1917:
Marsha Hunt (IMDb) actress - still alive as of March as per this BBC article about her, definitely won't die off grid.
Don Marion (IMDb) silent film actor - interesting case. Reported dead in a 2012 book (and several places give this as a death date) but Wikipedia says this is not correct and this article from Arizona (where he is now living) recognises him in their 32nd annual 'Salute to Centenarians' event. Nothing since that I can find so assume he's still alive. Can't find anything for the 33rd annual 'Salute to Centenarians' - probably cancelled because of the 'rona.
Daphne Courtney (IMDb) actress - South African-born actress in B-movies in the 30s and 40s. Married Scottish actor Hugh McDermott in 1936 in London (date found online and confirmed by Ancestry). Full name Daphne Ralda Courtenay-Hicks. Have found this record that would match for her husband's death in 1999 (also born 1917) in Droitwich, Worcestershire - no matching death for Daphne though. Still, it's a start?
Eleanor Hansen (IMDb) actress - American actress from Indiana, USA, roles in the 30s and early 40s only, mostly uncredited. Not turned much up on her, she disappears after the 40s and I don't have access to US records to trace marriage, etc.
Eddie Infante (IMDb) actor and director - Filipino actor with long list of credits from the 1930s up to 1995 (when he'd have been nearly 80). Nothing since and I can't find any mention of him anywhere on Google in either English or Spanish. Full name Jesus Eduardo Ferriol Infante.
Antonio Gradoli (IMDb) actor - Italian actor with credits from the 30s to the late 60s. Italian Wiki also lists him as alive. Also known as Anthony Gradwell - I think only in English dubs of European films? Another one who disappears without trace as far as I can see.

That wasn't much use really was it? :facepalm: It started so well, but I've not found anything definitively killing any of them but neither can I prove for sure that most of them are alive.

• Thanks 1

There's a potential project over at the A Night To Remember thread, if anyone fancies a go.

It has emerged that scores more uncredited cast members have been added to the list at IMDB since the topic was started.

I've added the extra names with year of death where given.

In many cases there are no details of year of birth or death.  A few have year of birth only, which I've entered in red. 

I've started to add the IMDB links, am having to do it manually. 

UPDATE:  Links added.  Scroll down to the second list.

https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8124-a-night-to-remember/?do=findComment&comment=170718

• Like 1

11 hours ago, En Passant said:

It makes no difference to the excellent detective work, but as I am originally from Barnet and know exactly where that club was, it was no work to google map it for a more up to date pic as I was curious if it was still there. But its now gone, or at least relocated

Research suggests that The Southgate Club (near the tube station) claims ancestry with the New Southgate SC, whether that's 100% official or just "in the spirit of" I'm not sure. Its website contains a history of the club that mentions its tradition of snooker (Doug Montjoy apparently used to play there and the first table was purchased for the club by the guy who set up the Lipton Tea Company), but nothing on the arrers. 

• Like 1

On 18/11/2020 at 01:35, RoverAndOut said:

Ok, let's see if I can help with the first year just now.

1917:
Marsha Hunt (IMDb) actress - still alive as of March as per this BBC article about her, definitely won't die off grid.
Don Marion (IMDb) silent film actor - interesting case. Reported dead in a 2012 book (and several places give this as a death date) but Wikipedia says this is not correct and this article from Arizona (where he is now living) recognises him in their 32nd annual 'Salute to Centenarians' event. Nothing since that I can find so assume he's still alive. Can't find anything for the 33rd annual 'Salute to Centenarians' - probably cancelled because of the 'rona.
Daphne Courtney (IMDb) actress - South African-born actress in B-movies in the 30s and 40s. Married Scottish actor Hugh McDermott in 1936 in London (date found online and confirmed by Ancestry). Full name Daphne Ralda Courtenay-Hicks. Have found this record that would match for her husband's death in 1999 (also born 1917) in Droitwich, Worcestershire - no matching death for Daphne though. Still, it's a start?
Eleanor Hansen (IMDb) actress - American actress from Indiana, USA, roles in the 30s and early 40s only, mostly uncredited. Not turned much up on her, she disappears after the 40s and I don't have access to US records to trace marriage, etc.
Eddie Infante (IMDb) actor and director - Filipino actor with long list of credits from the 1930s up to 1995 (when he'd have been nearly 80). Nothing since and I can't find any mention of him anywhere on Google in either English or Spanish. Full name Jesus Eduardo Ferriol Infante.
Antonio Gradoli (IMDb) actor - Italian actor with credits from the 30s to the late 60s. Italian Wiki also lists him as alive. Also known as Anthony Gradwell - I think only in English dubs of European films? Another one who disappears without trace as far as I can see.

That wasn't much use really was it? :facepalm: It started so well, but I've not found anything definitively killing any of them but neither can I prove for sure that most of them are alive.

Top job! I am going to tackle some more of these tonight if I get time.

Does anyone know if Dominque Minot is still alive and her date of birth? She played Sylvie in Charade (1963).

Mentioned a few times here on the forum, and a former DDP pick as well, does anyone know for definite that Ronald "Dr. Dante" Pellar is still alive? The sixth and final husband of Lana Turner, he was a stage hypnotist and conman, who did numerous prison terms for - among other things - running a degree mill. He claimed to have been born any time from 1920 to 1930, and his "official backstory" that he was the sole survivor in his family from a militia attack in Singapore before emigrating to the US to sell watches on the streets, seems fantastical. So Ronald Pellar may not actually be his real name. Said he was dying of cancer in 2006, was definitely alive in 2010 when a documentary was made about him (he was living in a mobile home at the time), but very little info since. This interview with fellow hypnotist Terry Stokes refers to him in the past tense but idk if that's an assumption rather than knowledge.

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 10:04, The Daredevil said:

Does anyone know if Dominque Minot is still alive and her date of birth? She played Sylvie in Charade (1963).

Tried to nail this one without success. According to IMDb, she came out of retirement in 2011 to appear in an episode of something. 

The French deaths database (MatchID) has quite a few people by the name of Dominique Minot. She could be any one of them. Without a date of birth it would be almost impossible to know if any of them are her.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Tried to nail this one without success. According to IMDb, she came out of retirement in 2011 to appear in an episode of something. 

The French deaths database (MatchID) has quite a few people by the name of Dominique Minot. She could be any one of them. Without a date of birth it would be almost impossible to know if any of them are her.

Thanks for trying. I would therefore guess she’s still alive.

I’m also curious of Leon Lissek’s current status. He’s still alive according to his wiki page. 

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Mentioned a few times here on the forum, and a former DDP pick as well, does anyone know for definite that Ronald "Dr. Dante" Pellar is still alive? The sixth and final husband of Lana Turner, he was a stage hypnotist and conman, who did numerous prison terms for - among other things - running a degree mill. He claimed to have been born any time from 1920 to 1930, and his "official backstory" that he was the sole survivor in his family from a militia attack in Singapore before emigrating to the US to sell watches on the streets, seems fantastical. So Ronald Pellar may not actually be his real name. Said he was dying of cancer in 2006, was definitely alive in 2010 when a documentary was made about him (he was living in a mobile home at the time), but very little info since. This interview with fellow hypnotist Terry Stokes refers to him in the past tense but idk if that's an assumption rather than knowledge.

Still alive...

Everything I found:

1) I can see sources which say he "had" cancer in 2006. I can't locate anything that says he was dying from it.

That 2010 doc aired in March 2010, so was presumably shot sometime prior, so if he featured it could've been shot in 08/09? Seems like a vanity project to me, perhaps to memorialise himself.

2) Some of the Lana Turner family trees on Ancestry just say he "died after 2006". Though it looks like an assumption more than anything.

3) His real name is supposedly Ronald Pellar, but other sites are a little more cautious. Simply saying it was a "given name". He told Turner he was a PhD and was raised in Singapore (a lie). Researchers tend to think he was raised in Kuala Lumpur. 

4) I've found their marriage (Nevada) and divorce (California) docs. Both from 1969. She is listed as "LANA TURNER" and he as "RONALD DANTE", even though neither of those were their real names! One of the docs says he was born 1920, the other 1918. Turner got rid of him pretty quickly once she discovered he was conning her out of money. Then she never remarried.

Then he seemingly just disappears from any records. Nothing about his residency or death. One of the family trees suggests he latterly lived in Pauma Valley, San Diego County, California. Another says his middle name was Hugh. 

Then there's a Ronald Hugh Pellar who was living in Huntington Beach, Cali in 1995....

Put all of that together and this individual comes up on both Spokeo and Clustrmaps. This is our man.

2113386211_ScreenShot2020-11-24at15_32_03.jpg.a3a70f3400cb014596a515f61935cd99.jpg

So born 1930. A serial fraudster has good reason to try and conceal his identity, so hence not surprised he claims a fabricated year with an invented backstory. Means he was in reality 38–39 when he married Turner, which seems accurate if you look at the pics from the two of them at the time. She probably thought he was 48–49.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

Thanks for trying. I would therefore guess she’s still alive.

I’m also curious of Leon Lissek’s current status. He’s still alive according to his wiki page. 

Appeared in a documentary this year. Took me the whole of 10 seconds to find that on his IMDb.

This thread is for people who are not known to be alive. Not living people who we just haven't heard from in a while.

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This thread is for people who are not known to be alive.

Did you ever give a look at this list? It should provide enough detective work for a couple of years. I don't think any of them could live longer...

1 minute ago, Sideik said:

Did you ever give a look at this list? It should provide enough detective work for a couple of years. I don't think any of them could live longer...

The size of that list is in part down to the painfully small scope of sources considered to be reliable on Wiki, and in part due to how ridiculously slim the criteria is for creating a bio page. Some of my mates have Wikipedia page and they’re barely notable in their respective fields!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

57 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Still alive...

Everything I found:

1) I can see sources which say he "had" cancer in 2006. I can't locate anything that says he was dying from it.

That 2010 doc aired in March 2010, so was presumably shot sometime prior, so if he featured it could've been shot in 08/09? Seems like a vanity project to me, perhaps to memorialise himself.

2) Some of the Lana Turner family trees on Ancestry just say he "died after 2006". Though it looks like an assumption more than anything.

3) His real name is supposedly Ronald Pellar, but other sites are a little more cautious. Simply saying it was a "given name". He told Turner he was a PhD and was raised in Singapore (a lie). Researchers tend to think he was raised in Kuala Lumpur. 

4) I've found their marriage (Nevada) and divorce (California) docs. Both from 1969. She is listed as "LANA TURNER" and he as "RONALD DANTE", even though neither of those were their real names! One of the docs says he was born 1920, the other 1918. Turner got rid of him pretty quickly once she discovered he was conning her out of money. Then she never remarried.

Then he seemingly just disappears from any records. Nothing about his residency or death. One of the family trees suggests he latterly lived in Pauma Valley, San Diego County, California. Another says his middle name was Hugh. 

Then there's a Ronald Hugh Pellar who was living in Huntington Beach, Cali in 1995....

Put all of that together and this individual comes up on both Spokeo and Clustrmaps. This is our man.

2113386211_ScreenShot2020-11-24at15_32_03.jpg.a3a70f3400cb014596a515f61935cd99.jpg

So born 1930. A serial fraudster has good reason to try and conceal his identity, so hence not surprised he claims a fabricated year with an invented backstory. Means he was in reality 38–39 when he married Turner, which seems accurate if you look at the pics from the two of them at the time. She probably thought he was 48–49.

One of my original DDP Rons (2011-2014). He got dropped  for a more famous, QO-able Ron and because I couldn't really find any recent evidence that he was still alive.

• Like 2