Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

21 minutes ago, drol said:

Is Deputy Chairman of Bulgaria State Council Krastyu Trichkov (wiki) actually still alive?

What makes you suspect he's not?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What makes you suspect he's not?

Some time ago there was a debate if he should be added to the Oldest Living State Leaders list. No one there was able to locate a source that confirmed him alive in the last ten years. Searching for his Bulgarian name only gives institutional profiles which are hardly updated (even in Italy those profiles are not updated, see this for instance) and no photos of him as an old man. It seems he quite vanished after the Communist era. Besides that, Bulgarians are not the best for online obit, I think a Bulgarian director who was quite big in the country and died in 2019 (I can't remember the name) still misses a suitable obit.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 10:35, maryportfuncity said:

I'm thinking she's gold for Deathrace/HPDP and one or two others. 

Deffo 101 by the time they all kick off. 

Daisy Letts - i.e. Rose West's mum.

She IS alive, right? But nobody picked her for the Deathrace or HPDP as far as I can see - has anyone got her on any pools?

34 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Daisy Letts - i.e. Rose West's mum.

She IS alive, right? But nobody picked her for the Deathrace or HPDP as far as I can see - has anyone got her on any pools?

We believe she is. There's no way of being sure because the GRO Index doesn't have any of 2020's deaths listed in it.

Here's one I'm 99.99% sure is dead but haven't been able to find a death date for. Edith Ashby, who was the live-in maid to a young Bob Monkhouse. In his autobiography it says she was only a little older than his brother, who was born in 1922. She was a guest on his first This Is Your Life appearance in 1982, but I can't find a video of it. However, I think this must be her although she looks a lot older than 60. Similarly, there's a reference in Hansard from 1986 to an MP discussing one of his constituents, a Ms Edith Ashby of Fulham, saying she's 76 - which would match up with the age of the woman in the video. I think Monkhouse may have gotten her age wrong in his autobiography, but does anyone have anything better to match?

EDIT: there's an Edith Annie Ashby born 1910 in Croydon that would match up with what we know so far (Monkhouse grew up in Dulwich so basically next door).

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Here's one I'm 99.99% sure is dead but haven't been able to find a death date for. Edith Ashby, who was the live-in maid to a young Bob Monkhouse. In his autobiography it says she was only a little older than his brother, who was born in 1922. She was a guest on his first This Is Your Life appearance in 1982, but I can't find a video of it. However, I think this must be her although she looks a lot older than 60. Similarly, there's a reference in Hansard from 1986 to an MP discussing one of his constituents, a Ms Edith Ashby of Fulham, saying she's 76 - which would match up with the age of the woman in the video. I think Monkhouse may have gotten her age wrong in his autobiography, but does anyone have anything better to match?

EDIT: there's an Edith Annie Ashby born 1910 in Croydon that would match up with what we know so far (Monkhouse grew up in Dulwich so basically next door).

Here, in his autobio, he says “she was fourteen when I was five.”

Monkhouse was born in 1928, so means she was born c. 1918/1919.

But then that doesn’t match any of the people called Edith Ashby in the records, whereas 1910 does. 

Only real conclusion I can draw is Monkhouse appears to be just making it up as he goes along. :P

• Like 1

1910 Croydon may be a red herring as I think it's this person, who died in 1981 and thus can't have been on This Is Your Life a year later. Unless they recorded those things heavily in advance?

3 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

1910 Croydon may be a red herring as I think it's this person, who died in 1981 and thus can't have been on This Is Your Life a year later. Unless they recorded those things heavily in advance?

Tended not to.

Is Trudy Cooper (b. 1927), Gordo Cooper's former wife still alive? Many sources like different wikia pages say she would be, but Gordo Cooper's wikipedia mentions she died in 1994. Couldn't find anything to confirm this though.

About other people who The Right Stuff is based on I must mention we lost Annie Glenn, Rene Carpenter and Chuck Yeager all in 2020. Eddie Hodges is probably the last person alive of them, and he didn't have a big role in it..

14 minutes ago, arghton said:

Is Trudy Cooper (b. 1927), Gordo Cooper's former wife still alive? Many sources like different wikia pages say she would be, but Gordo Cooper's wikipedia mentions she died in 1994. Couldn't find anything to confirm this though.

About other people who The Right Stuff is based on I must mention we lost Annie Glenn, Rene Carpenter and Chuck Yeager all in 2020. Eddie Hodges is probably the last person alive of them, and he didn't have a big role in it..

Theres an article were an actress who plays her in a new series.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/hollywoodlife.com/2020/10/23/the-right-stuff-trudy-gordo-cooper-relationship-astronaut-wives-interview/amp/

Given this attention I think we would of heard something if she died. I couldn't find much but I'd wager that she is likely still alive.

1 hour ago, arghton said:

She's dead.

Texas Death Index:

Trudy Bernice Cooper (née Olson), born 19th Feb 1927 in Gregory County, South Dakota and died in Harris County on 8th March 1994.

She wasn't his wife at the time of her death anyway. They married in 1947 but divorced in either 1970 and 1971. He remarried, to a woman called Susan Theresa Taylor, in 1972. She was still alive at the time of his death in 2004.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the founder of The Bay Net, Sharon Bell is still alive. Last news I can find on her was that she was in hospice from August.

On 17/11/2020 at 13:56, arghton said:

Did a bit of research to find out which vice president candidates and vice presidents of the United States have alive parents:

(Every VP and VP nominee from before 2012 has both parents dead)

Sarah Palin's (Republican VP nominee in 2008) parents are alive according to a fast google search but looking a bit further it can be noticed that Sarah's mother Sally (b. 1940) died in 2009 and father Charles "Chuck" (b. 1938) died in 2004. Biden's parents are both dead, too.

Paul Ryan's (Republican VP nominee in 2012) parents? His father died in 1986 but I can't find a obit for her mother Elizabeth (b. 1934) anywhere.

Tim Kaine's (Democrat VP nominee in 2016) parents were both alive in 2016 and can't find a mention of their death anywhere.

Mike Pence's dad died in 1988 but his mother Ann Jane is still alive, born 1932. Kamala Harris's mother died in 2009 but his father Donald (b. 1938, too) is still alive.

Big corrections: Sarah "Sally" Palin didn't die in 2009, she apparently died yesterday.

Chuck Palin is still alive.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2020 at 17:46, Ulitzer95 said:

I can understand why there may be some doubt as to whether she is living or not. As soon as you Google her, the first dozen or so results are from 2016 (when she launched an exhibition, pictured in her wheelchair) or the preceding years.

But if you limit the search time frame to 2017–2020, there are still quite a few things which spring up, all of them talk about her in the present tense.

This blog from March 2020 notes:

"At the age of 110 she is not on any prescribed medication, only traditional Aboriginal medicine."

I would be surprised if she died off radar given her profile and popular following amongst enthusiasts of that particular form of art.

Clearly not 110 though. My hunch says she's "only" about 90... and a very ugly one at that.

dc-cover-fki84qjv6cmqbq3s9tf5j.jpg.f59126fcaa0c302c2cbdc5ba1f655818.jpg

Well turns out these 2019/20 articles were just copying from Wikipedia / older existing articles after all. They assumed her to be alive, but looks like she died off radar in 2018.

A DDP miss for two teams.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Well turns out these 2019/20 articles were just copying from Wikipedia / older existing articles after all. They assumed her to be alive, but looks like she died off radar in 2018.

Good one, that's been bothering me for a few months.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Beating myself up over this. So stupid of me to depend solely on amateur sites that clearly just copy and pasted info from Wiki and/or the 2016 articles.

A quick glance on Facebook reveals posts, including one from her grandson, from 2018 confirming her death then. She died in or around July.

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Beating myself up over this. So stupid of me to depend solely on amateur sites that clearly just copy and pasted info from Wiki and/or the 2016 articles.

A quick glance on Facebook reveals posts, including one from her grandson, from 2018 confirming her death then. She died in or around July.

Easy answers not always the right answers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It happens. Even the most ardent researcher - I mean this in the academic term, not just the deadpoolers parlais - can come unstuck from time to time with inccurate source materials. For the opposite, look at how often folk still ask if Andre Maranne is still alive thanks to inaccurate Chinese whispers printed as fact online about 20 years ago, and then repeated.

• Like 1

Alright, she’s been a pick in past years on the DDP and discussed on here a few times. Finally solved thanks to a user on Wiki who got this from the National Film Information Service.

Dusty Anderson (wiki) died in 2007 aged 88/89 in Marbella, Spain (same place her film director husband died in 1993). 

Death notice online here.

3B963B64-9FDF-4BC9-91AE-0B394298DE3A.jpeg

• Thanks 4

I decided to check how many recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom are alive from before the younger Bush's tenure. It has been awarded since 1963. Not mentioned are large groups of people.

John F. Kennedy: None alive.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Leontyne Price, b. 1927 (awarded 1964)

Richard Nixon: Buzz Aldrin, b. 1930 (awarded 1969)

Fred Haise, b. 1933 (awarded 1970)

Jim Lovell, b. 1928 (awarded 1970)

Gerald Ford: Henry Kissinger, b. 1923 (awarded 1977)

Donald Rumsfeld, 1932-2021 (awarded 1977)

James Watson, b. 1928 (awarded 1977)

Jimmy Carter: Andrew Young, b. 1932 (awarded 1981)

Ronald Reagan: None alive.

George H.W. Bush: Lech Walesa, b. 1943 (awarded 1989)

James Baker, b. 1930 (awarded 1991)

Dick Cheney, b. 1941 (awarded 1991)

Hanna Holborn Gray, b. 1930 (awarded 1991)

Colin Powell, 1937-2021 (awarded 1991, again by Bill Clinton in 1993)

William H. Webster, b. 1924 (awarded 1991)

Richard Petty, b. 1937 (awarded 1992)

Bill Clinton: Joan Ganz Cooney, b. 1930 (awarded 1995)

Bob Dole, 1923-2021 (awarded 1997)

William Perry, b. 1927 (awarded 1997)

Robert Coles, b. 1929 (awarded 1998)

Frances Hesselbein, 1915-2022 (awarded 1998)

Jimmy Carter, b. 1924 (awarded 1999)

Rosalynn Carter, b. 1927 (awarded 1999)

George J. Mitchell, b. 1933 (awarded 1999)

Wesley Clark, b. 1944 (awarded 2000)

Marian Wright Edelman, b. 1939 (awarded 2000)

Jesse Jackson, b. 1941 (awarded 2000)

Aung San Suu Kyi, b. 1945 (awarded 2000)

And a few picks that I'd say are pretty frail nowadays:

Bill Cosby, b. 1937. Awarded during Bush's tenure.

Ruth Johnson Colvin, b. 1916. Awarded during Bush's tenure.

• Like 3

Jack Rader... did he die off radar? 

Today would be his 100th birthday (according to IMDb anyway... b. 23 Feb 1921 in Los Angeles)

Many credits to his name and a regular face in Hollywood films.

Familiar to me for his appearances in The Blob and the much loathed Star Wars Holiday Special:

Investigate_the_upper_area-SWHS.png.1b72b82d51e346ba44c09c34ebda3afe.png

Aveleyman profileIMDb page.

Can't find his birth record on Ancestry which means IMDb either have the DOB totally wrong or "Jack Rader" is a stage name which bears no resemblance to his real name.

:sherlock:

16 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Jack Rader... did he die off radar? 

Today would be his 100th birthday (according to IMDb anyway... b. 23 Feb 1921 in Los Angeles)

Many credits to his name and a regular face in Hollywood films.

Familiar to me for his appearances in The Blob and the much loathed Star Wars Holiday Special:

Investigate_the_upper_area-SWHS.png.1b72b82d51e346ba44c09c34ebda3afe.png

Aveleyman profileIMDb page.

Can't find his birth record on Ancestry which means IMDb either have the DOB totally wrong or "Jack Rader" is a stage name which bears no resemblance to his real name.

:sherlock:

One Star Wars fan site lists him as "Jack L Rader". There's two Jack L. Raders over the age of 80 listed in California, the state where he was born. Worth checking up Darlene Rader, the wife of the first, to see if that brings anything up?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

One Star Wars fan site lists him as "Jack L Rader". There's two Jack L. Raders over the age of 80 listed in California, the state where he was born. Worth checking up Darlene Rader, the wife of the first, to see if that brings anything up?

Great find. That fan site also indicates he had some kind of professional link to Columbia, Missouri (albeit in the 1960s). He's definitely not resident there now though.

Jack L Rader of Westminster, California was born May 1931 as per Ancestry. Doesn't give a state of birth though. Can't see anything else of note about him or his wife. Could be him I suppose, but it would mean IMDb are way off with the DOB.

Jack Lewis Rader born 2 Jan 1937 as per Ancestry. Doubt this is him. The chap in the Star Wars Holiday Special is definitely older than this.

That's all I got. :(

I'm leaning in to the wrong birth date theory at the moment.

RaderJack_SixthSense_Flame.jpg

This is him in The Sixth Sense (1972). Does that look like a 51-year-old to you? 

• Like 1