Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

There's a Pamela May Collier dead in February 2015, according to this: https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Wills?surname=collier&yearOfDeath=2015&advancedSearch=False&IsGrantSearch=True#wills

Brighton registry, so sounds about right. Wonder where the Collier name came from?

Yes that's her. She was born as Pamela May Bielski.

Not sure. My guess is Bielski (birth name), Randall (stage name), Burrell (first married surname), Collier (final married surname).

Oh well. It did sound a bit too good to be true!

Select the button by an individual result to see ordering options available for that record.
  Name: Year of Birth:  
COLLIER, PAMELA  ELLEN   1937  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q2/2015 in GREENWICH  (229-1A)  Entry Number 512182982
COLLIER, PAMELA  MARY   1940  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q4/2015 in SHROPSHIRE  (717-1F)  Entry Number 512754174
COLLIER, PAMELA  MARY   1914  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q2/2015 in EAST SUSSEX  (462-1B)  Entry Number 512025004
COLLIER, PAMELA  MAY   1933  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q1/2015 in WEST SUSSEX  (785-1L)  Entry Number 511611668

@YoungWillz, okay now I'm confused. Guessing the second to last one is her and IMDb have her middle name wrong?
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:
Select the button by an individual result to see ordering options available for that record.
  Name: Year of Birth:  
  COLLIER, PAMELA  ELLEN   1937  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q2/2015 in GREENWICH  (229-1A)  Entry Number 512182982
  COLLIER, PAMELA  MARY   1940  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q4/2015 in SHROPSHIRE  (717-1F)  Entry Number 512754174
  COLLIER, PAMELA  MARY   1914  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q2/2015 in EAST SUSSEX  (462-1B)  Entry Number 512025004
  COLLIER, PAMELA  MAY   1933  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q1/2015 in WEST SUSSEX  (785-1L)  Entry Number 511611668

@YoungWillz, okay now I'm confused. Guessing the second to last one is her and IMDb have her middle name wrong?

Possibly, must be a way of checking her birth record in Wales. With a name like Bielski, shouldn't be difficult?

Edit: Hastings is in East Sussex.

Ah those crazy inputs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Possibly, must be a way of checking her birth record in Wales. With a name like Bielski, shouldn't be difficult?

Edit: Hastings is in East Sussex.

Ah those crazy inputs.

Her birth record is easy to find but you can't see middle names on FreeBMD. It just says Pamela M Bielski.

Convinced IMDb has it wrong and her middle name was Mary. Anyway, dead. Not surprised. Unlikely a subsequent report would've been made if she was still living.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Her birth record is easy to find but you can't see middle names on FreeBMD. It just says Pamela M Bielski.

Convinced IMDb has it wrong and her middle name was Mary. Anyway, dead. Not surprised. Unlikely a subsequent report would've been made if she was still living.

Well, if you chuck up this Ancestry page, has her born as Pamela Mary: https://www.ancestry.com/search/collections/1095/?name=_Bielski&bsk=MDsyNDA7MjA-61-&fh=20&pgoff=11 linking her quite conclusively to Terry Randall.

• Thanks 1

People sometime unofficially change their middle names. I know someone whose middle name was I.e Rosemary but told everyone it was Rosa and said how she had the same middle name as someone she knew whose  first name was Rosa. Her grave even says Rosa despite her giving one of her kids the full middle name of Rosemary.

• Like 1

GRO birth record

image.png.f321539f6d0de8c10ac7571dceb78023.png

• Thanks 1

On 16/12/2020 at 19:32, drol said:

So there's another: Ghana Chief Justice E. N. P. Sowah (full name unknown). Would turn 100 next year if still alive.

EDIT: and his predecessor Edmund Alexander Lanquaye Bannerman, born 1915, DoD unknown.

Revisiting this with a concrete answer.

This 2002 book refers to him as "the late E. N. P. Sowah" and this blog post contains a 2010 article copied from the Ghana Mirror which refers to him as "the late Mr. Justice E. N. P. Sowah".

Stood down in 1990 so died sometime between then and 2002.

Anyway, another name off your Wiki watchlist because he's dead.

• Like 3

About the Glenn Miller Orchestra and Ray Anthony.

Wikipedia's page for the band lists two other members "living",

Doc Goldberg (1xxx-1988?) Bassist 1941-1942. According to this talkbass thread he died in 1988, couldn't find any confirmation but nothing points to him still being alive.

Dorothy Claire (1925-1982?) Female vocalist 1941. IMDb lists her dead and so does nearly every page with information about her except wikipedia.

I think we can safely say that Ray Anthony is the last one. And Marion Ross & Nino Tempo are the last living cast members of Glenn Miller Story (1954)

Is Glenn Miller's daughter Jonnie Dee Miller Hoffman still alive?

33 minutes ago, arghton said:

And Marion Ross seems to be the last living cast member of Glenn Miller Story (1954)

No, this is incorrect.

Nino Tempo is still alive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, arghton said:

Doc Goldberg (1xxx-1988?) Bassist 1941-1942. According to this talkbass thread he died in 1988, couldn't find any confirmation but nothing points to him still being alive.

Dorothy Claire (1925-1982?) Female vocalist 1941. IMDb lists her dead and so does nearly every page with information about her except wikipedia.

I think we can safely say that Ray Anthony is the last one. And Marion Ross & Nino Tempo are the last living cast members of Glenn Miller Story (1954)

There are at least 2 others from The Glenn Miller Story still alive.

Alan Copeland (wiki), a member of the Modernaires appears in the film. He's 95 and still kicking about.
Deborah Sydes (IMDb), child actress in the film is still alive according to the residency records. She's only 70!

Copeland, Sydes, Tempo and Ross were all uncredited ofc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arghton said:

Just checked this one out. Yes – she's still in the residency records up to 2021. She turns 78 next year so born 1944. 

I would expect the media to pick up on her death given that she's the only surviving child and also the sole living benefactor of his estate. 

6 hours ago, arghton said:

*snip*

*snip*

Newspaper obituary for Dorothy Claire. This one took me far too long to find!

488467222_img01_58_13.thumb.jpeg.72203b600ff8f62e4301b1465e094248.jpeg

As for "Doc" Goldberg, his real first name was Edward. The person on that forum says he died in either Jan or Feb 1988. There is a death record for an "Edward Lord" in brackets it has "Edward Goldberg" written. He died in Jan 1988 and was born in 1913 in Brooklyn, NY. That's the closest record I could find. Just a hunch, and by no means a strong match. 

Anyway, you're correct. Ray Anthony is definitely the last surviving member. He was still playing his trumpet last year. He'll be 100 in January. It'll be a sad day when he passes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I wonder if the GRO index will ever be updated ? Or could that service be closing down?

4 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

I wonder if the GRO index will ever be updated ? Or could that service be closing down?

Probably has terminal pancreatic cancer and weeks to live.

It won't be shut down. More likely that because of excess deaths last year, they're running behind. You should be thankful it's only one year behind. I remember the days when I had to go to Westminster as all records stopped in 2006 online. Trawling through 5 years of records took forever.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

It won't be shut down. More likely that because of excess deaths last year, they're running behind. You should be thankful it's only one year behind. I remember the days when I had to go to Westminster as all records stopped in 2006 online. Trawling through 5 years of records took forever.

Tbf, none of us have considered that the GRO will go down for good when this nuclear war Crem keeps predicting happens. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

The things Is what is the database being available meant to be for? People can’t order random certificates without extra information.

16 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The things Is what is the database being available meant to be for? People can’t order random certificates without extra information.

That just isn't true. Pulling stuff out your arse again.

Does anyone know if the voice actress, Cate Bauer, is still alive? She voiced Perdita in Disney's 101 Dalmatians.

5 minutes ago, markb4 said:

Does anyone know if the voice actress, Cate Bauer, is still alive? She voiced Perdita in Disney's 101 Dalmatians.

Think we already covered this one earlier in the year?

According to the residency records, yes's she's still alive in Seattle, Washington, and turned 92 in September.

• Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

It's the index that's available. 

Even just the index is useful for research.  A recent death set me off on a trail of memories yesterday, wondering what had happened to some people we used to visit when I was very young.  I hadn't thought of them in years.  I had forgotten why we stopped going to see them, but all was revealed after a tour through the indexes.

• Like 1

Help needed to verify a death. 

Does anyone have a Wall Street Journal subscription, OR can somebody bypass their paywall?

Living Kennedy Center Honors recipients (before 2010)

1980s:

1980: Leontyne Price (1927-) Earliest living recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

1989: Harry Belafonte (1927-2023)

1990s:

1992: Joanne Woodward (1930-)

1995: Marilyn Horne (1934-) and Sidney Poitier (1927-2022)

1997: Bob Dylan (1941-) and Edward Villella (1936-)

1998: John Kander (1927-) and Willie Nelson (1933-) Note: Bill Cosby (1937-) also received the honors this year, but they were rescinded due to his conviction.

1999: Judith Jamison (1943-) and Stevie Wonder (1950-)

2000s:

2000: Mikhail Baryshnikov (1948-), Plácido Domingo (1941-), Clint Eastwood (1930-) and Angela Lansbury (1925-2022)

2001: Julie Andrews (1935-), Quincy Jones (1933-) and Jack Nicholson (1937-)

2002: James Earl Jones (1931-), Chita Rivera (1933-2024) and Paul Simon (1941-)

2003: Carol Burnett (1933-), Loretta Lynn (1932-2022) and Itzhak Perlman (1945-)

2004: Warren Beatty (1937-), Elton John (1947-) and John Williams (1932-)

2005: Tony Bennett (1926-2023), Suzanne Farrell (1945-), Robert Redford (1936-) and Tina Turner (1939-2023)

2006: Andrew Lloyd Webber (1948-), Zubin Mehta (1936-), Dolly Parton (1946-), Smokey Robinson (1940-) and Steven Spielberg (1946-)

2007: Steve Martin (1945-), Diana Ross (1944-), Martin Scorsese (1942-) and Brian Wilson (1942-)

2008: Morgan Freeman (1937-), Barbra Streisand (1942-), Twyla Tharp (1941-), Pete Townshend (1945-) and Roger Daltrey (1944-)

2009: Mel Brooks (1926-), Grace Bumbry (1937-), Robert De Niro (1943-) and Bruce Springsteen (1949-)

Lots of frail names there, some currently on DL.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, arghton said:

Lots of frail names there, some currently on DL.

But why have you posted it in this thread?

• Like 2