Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

5 hours ago, Gisooo said:

What happened to British actress Liz English (IMDb) the voice of Mary in Disney animated film The Aristocats (1970)

Also the mother of actress Louise English, still alive at 91 (b. 1930), but I think this is not accurate. Why I have a feeling she is dead @Ulitzer95

Lizenglish.thumb.jpg.793d560c17a71c87998393e15484e244.jpg

ENGLISH, ELIZABETH  MARGARET D  1930  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q4/2017 in KENT  (564-1G)  Entry Number 516499378

Died in Kent at the end of 2017 (aged 87).
  • Sad 1

Is Carlo Giustini (Wiki) still alive? 

Italian actor born 1923, according to Wikipedia and IMDb still alive at 98,  but on Google search he result dead in Rome, Italy without a date or year, hmm??

There is a page on Facebook about cinema actors saying that he may died on 2005

image.jpeg.c892f0c8c6249d1ded05a2539949e04c.jpeg

On 14/12/2020 at 20:07, Ulitzer95 said:

200x267_3122.jpg.506fee2bfafc6e5c70830a84981c35ee.jpg3120.jpg.d55b5c4c2c6101489916be58a96f8ea9.jpg

Interested in this lady, because I strongly suspect she's still with us.

Joan Curry (wiki), English squash and tennis player during the 1940s and 50s. Birth name Patricia Joan Curry, married George E. Hughesman.

Interviewed in 2004. Appeared in the 2010 electoral register living in Kingston, London as Patricia J. Hughesman.

Doesn't appear in the GRO up to December 2019 and can't find any mention of a death anywhere.

Born December 1918 so turns 102 this month I suppose!

Anybody come across her before / have any alternate info?

The GRO Index update reveals that Joan Curry died in the 3rd quarter of 2020, aged 101.

HUGHESMAN, PATRICIA  JOAN   1918  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q3/2020 in KINGSTON UPON THAMES  (240-1C)  Entry Number 520978177

FFS. I have her picked on the Centenarians deadpool. Serves me right for trying to be clever with slightly more obscure names.

Kudos to @Spade_Cooley who noticed that her son had been grieving over a loss of some kind on Facebook in autumn 2020.

• Like 1

It's great that 2020 is now available on the GRO database but still slightly annoying that 2021 isn't on there as there's someone I know who I think may have died last year and want to check. Hopefully we won't have to wait until next January for it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The GRO Index update reveals that Joan Curry died in the 3rd quarter of 2020, aged 101.

HUGHESMAN, PATRICIA  JOAN   1918  
GRO Reference:  DOR  Q3/2020 in KINGSTON UPON THAMES  (240-1C)  Entry Number 520978177

FFS. I have her picked on the Centenarians deadpool. Serves me right for trying to be clever with slightly more obscure names.

Kudos to @Spade_Cooley who noticed that her son had been grieving over a loss of some kind on Facebook in autumn 2020.

Hard luck, shades of Stanley Sopel - sometimes these calls come off well and sometimes there's a missing bit of evidence (or someone has made up evidence) that was crucial.

• Like 1

I wonder.

Here is a Gazette notice for a Peggy June Taylor, retired actress, who died in February 2020: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3998644

Could this be Margaret Taylor, who had supporting roles in Z Cars, Doctor At Sea and Mind Your Language?

I know this is a tough ask, I mean I'm not sure whether that is her birth or married name, always a problem with the dames.

49 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I wonder.

Here is a Gazette notice for a Peggy June Taylor, retired actress, who died in February 2020: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3998644

Could this be Margaret Taylor, who had supporting roles in Z Cars, Doctor At Sea and Mind Your Language?

I know this is a tough ask, I mean I'm not sure whether that is her birth or married name, always a problem with the dames.

Probably of no assistance at all, but the Margaret Taylor is the girl at the beginning doing the slapping during quoits and right at the end on the deck (yes, I ruddy well watched the whole thing, laughed twice):

Broadcast in 1974 (Mott The Hoople and Slade playing at the "discotheque") so 46 years between 1974 and 2020, I'm guessing she was mid to late 20s so not beyond possible it's the same dame.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

I wonder.

I'm confused. Did you miss a piece of info out in your post? How do you link Peggy with Margaret?

I can't find anything. Too obscure, thought she'll probably get a mention in Equity's next release.

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm confused. Did you miss a piece of info out in your post? How do you link Peggy with Margaret?

I can't find anything. Too obscure, thought she'll probably get a mention in Equity's next release.

Peggy is a nickname for people with the more formal name Margaret.

However, thinking about it, an official document might be unlikely to include that. Hmmm.

I simply cannot find a British actress called Peggy Taylor. That's why I went left field.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I wonder if she died abroad. That's a long time for a request to the Gazette - perhaps they turned up some Estate in the UK.

I wonder if she died abroad. That's a long time for a request to the Gazette - perhaps they turned up some Estate in the UK.

Margaret Taylor (IMDb) does not have a full name or age, how will we know that the dead actress is her?  she has only the surname Taylor, does not make sense?????

Peggy is a nickname for people with the more formal name Margaret.

However, thinking about it, an official document might be unlikely to include that. Hmmm.

I simply cannot find a British actress called Peggy Taylor. That's why I went left field.

Maybe is her, there are also many others Margaret Taylor on IMDb

Another celebrity who will make 100 in April 2022 is Kazui Nihonmatsu (Wiki) says still alive, but like as other he may be also dead, I don't find any news or photo of him recently???

image.jpeg.f3aa13232aa11fb3ca582a952a31245c.jpeg

@Ulitzer95 Is American actress Maya Bond (IMDb) born 1931, still alive? Two films as Aunt Ruth in Mulholland Drive (2001) and Mulholland Dr. (1999)

I found this  aged 91, living in Sylmar, California. Is she?

Maya Bond – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI

2 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

@Ulitzer95 Is American actress Maya Bond (IMDb) born 1931, still alive? Two films as Aunt Ruth in Mulholland Drive (2001) and Mulholland Dr. (1999)

I found this  aged 91, living in Sylmar, California. Is she?

Maya Bond – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI

No idea.

The only Maya Bond who was born in 1931 in the States appears to be a Maya D. Bond b. Texas 20 Sep 1931, now living in California, so probably the same one from that Radaris record you found.

IMDb says the actress was born 3 Sep 1931, so either they have the date wrong or Maya Bond is just a stage name.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

No idea.

The only Maya Bond who was born in 1931 in the States appears to be a Maya D. Bond b. Texas 20 Sep 1931, now living in California, so probably the same one from that Radaris record you found.

IMDb says the actress was born 3 Sep 1931, so either they have the date wrong or Maya Bond is just a stage name.

Maybe her full name or husband's surname would be helpful in this case, but who knows?

On 04/12/2021 at 16:48, Gisooo said:

American actress Jean Gillespie (1923-?) has died. Her grandson posted this in 2020. Her death details are unknown??? 

Thought I'd return to this one as I would like to solve it.

Jean Gillespie was mainly known as a radio actress. She married stage actor Bill Thunhurst in 1951, according to this newspaper clipping.

His full name was Wilford Thunhurst. He was born in 1920 and died in 2011, and after his brief acting career he became a successful Pittsburgh businessman. Here is his obituary from his local newspaper in 2011. At the time of his death, they were no longer married and his obituary doesn't even mention her. He was married at least twice (but possibly four times!). 

Their marriage certificate is available here. They married in Manhattan, NY in 1951. Her name is listed as Gloria J. Gillespie.

Thunhurst is a very rare surname, which makes me believe that this 1964 Connecticut marriage certificate between a Jean G. Thunhurst and a Richard K. Davis is her. It also mentions that she was a resident of New York at the time...

So, assuming she didn't divorce and marry for a third time, she likely died as Gloria Jean Davis or Jean Gloria Davis, around 2020. 

Weirdly, I can't find her birth certificate. This newspaper clipping confirms she was born in Boston, and her marriage certificates confirm she was born 1923–1924, so that leads me to believe her IMDb birthdate of 21 Oct 1923 is likely correct. This newspaper clipping confirms that her parents were Mr. & Mrs. William G. Gillespie who lived in Arlington, Massachusetts in 1951.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone have access in Italian ancestry?

Elena Fiore (Wiki) - Italian actress born 1928 today aged 93, appeared in numerous films of Lina Wertmuller, one of them is The Seduction of Mimi 

On a Facebook post, one of her relatives said that she is dead. She was so funny on Lina's film especially here. Her real name was Eleonora Esposito and according to some post on FB she may died after 2010

movie, "The Seduction of Mimi" (Mimi metallurgico ferito nell'onore), ITA  1972, director: Lina Wertmüller, scene with: Giancarlo Stock Photo - Alamy   Commedia italiana: Un personaggio al giorno: ELENA FIORE 

Does anyone have access in Italian ancestry?

There is no Italian Ancestry – that's part of the problem.

Of the 2358 pages on my Wikipedia watchlist of names born up to 1926, about 50% are probably dead. Within that 50%, there are more from Italy than any other country. I haven't found anywhere online where you can access their birth/death records, which is very frustrating.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

There is no Italian Ancestry – that's part of the problem.

Of the 2358 pages on my Wikipedia watchlist of names born up to 1926, about 50% are probably dead. Within that 50%, there are more from Italy than any other country. I haven't found anywhere online where you can access their birth/death records, which is very frustrating.

Ufffff another enigma that can not be solved.

On 15/01/2022 at 12:01, Ulitzer95 said:

Blogs are not considered reliable sources by Wikipedia standards. Also, that’s not “her” blog, it’s a blog. Also, it says her death is unconfirmed, so even if it wasn’t a blog, it wouldn’t be acceptable on Wiki because it doesn’t state she’s dead with any degree of certainty.

This French Death Record seems to confirm Gorsen's death:

Naissance
Nom Gaussen
Prénom(s) Norah Ethel
Sexe Féminin
Date 22/11/1931
Commune Portland (99132)
Pays Royaume-Uni (GBR)
Décès
Date 15/04/2020
Age 88 ans
Commune Mouans-Sartoux (06084)
Département 06
Pays France (FRA)
Acte n° 66
Source INSEE fichier 2020, ligne n°173974
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Simone Sylvestre (Wiki) - French actress born in 1923, today aged 98.

Appeared in classic films of 40s and 50s. @Lafaucheuse Do you have any idea, if she is still alive?

Simone Sylvestre - UniFrance

16 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Simone Sylvestre (Wiki) - French actress born in 1923, today aged 98.

Appeared in classic films of 40s and 50s. @Lafaucheuse Do you have any idea, if she is still alive?

Simone Sylvestre - UniFrance

This is the only newspaper clipping I can find about her. I can't speak French so somebody else will need to look at it and say if there's any useful info in there (e.g. location, husband etc.).

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This is the only newspaper clipping I can find about her. I can't speak French so somebody else will need to look at it and say if there's any useful info in there (e.g. location, husband etc.).

I have a feeling that her DOB is wrong

@Ulitzer95 I rely on editing her page on the French Wikipedia, where it was said that she was born in 1911 and died in 2005 . But then everything changed.

I have a feeling that her DOB is wrong

@Ulitzer95 I rely on editing her page on the French Wikipedia, where it was said that she was born in 1911 and died in 2005 . But then everything changed.

Also here I noticed something, DOB September 11, 1910 - January 18, 2005.  90% believe is her

• Facepalm 1