Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

2 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I have a feeling that her DOB is wrong

@Ulitzer95 I rely on editing her page on the French Wikipedia, where it was said that she was born in 1911 and died in 2005 . But then everything changed.

I seriously doubt that. If you look at pictures of her from the 1940s/50s, she's only a young starlet!

If you search the BnF newspaper archives there seems to be more results, including this one. It's dated 1949, and says "La jeune femme resta treize Simone Sylvestre : Une déesse emoureuse Simone Sylvestre (25 ans', qui est l’une de nos plus jolies starlettes, prépare une ren trée en force cet hiver(...)Simone Sylvestre en avait assez de ces sombres drames"

So she was 25 in September 1949, meaning that she was born 1923/1924.

Naissance
Nom Berger
Prénom(s) Simone Marie Jeanne
Sexe Féminin
Date 16/09/1923
Commune Paris 13e Arrondissement (75113)
Département 75
Pays France (FRA)
Décès
Date 29/03/2020
Age 96 ans
Commune La Bruffière (85039)
Département 85
Pays France (FRA)
Acte n° 9
Source INSEE fichier 2020, ligne n°163038

This record is more likely to be her. The first name, DOB and place of birth all match, BUT in order to prove it, you'd have to find a source that confirms her middle names or that her married surname was Berger. There just isn't much out there on this subject at all.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:
Naissance
Nom Berger
Prénom(s) Simone Marie Jeanne
Sexe Féminin
Date 16/09/1923
Commune Paris 13e Arrondissement (75113)
Département 75
Pays France (FRA)
Décès
Date 29/03/2020
Age 96 ans
Commune La Bruffière (85039)
Département 85
Pays France (FRA)
Acte n° 9
Source INSEE fichier 2020, ligne n°163038

This record is more likely to be her. The first name, DOB and place of birth all match, BUT in order to prove it, you'd have to find a source that confirms her middle names or that her married surname was Berger. There just isn't much out there on this subject at all.

Wow, I missed that. Thanks

I observed in the history of her article and someone had edited that the British actress Elizabeth Morgan (Wiki) had died on August 5, 2019, but later it was reverted as unsourced. Her last credit was in 1996, but she appeared again in a documentary in 2017, may have died after 2 years??? 

DOB February 7, 1930, married twice with Derrek Chittock (54-his death 86) and actor Jeremy Child since 1987

Could it be another name that might have died off the radar or not ?

image.jpeg.6d416e5552adaa66562a29bb61d64fb9.jpeg 

2 hours ago, Gisooo said:

I observed in the history of her article and someone had edited that the British actress Elizabeth Morgan (Wiki) had died on August 5, 2019, but later it was reverted as unsourced. Her last credit was in 1996, but she appeared again in a documentary in 2017, may have died after 2 years??? 

DOB February 7, 1930, married twice with Derrek Chittock (54-his death 86) and actor Jeremy Child since 1987

Could it be another name that might have died off the radar or not ?

image.jpeg.6d416e5552adaa66562a29bb61d64fb9.jpeg 

I doubt this one is true.

The Peerage states that her real name was the same as her stage name i.e. Elizabeth Morgan/Child.

No death record in the GRO Index for 2017–2020. Plus as a voice actress in a popular Gerry Anderson production, with lots of credits to her name, somebody would have surely reported it by now. Also, she's married into aristocracy. I've just searched through all the relevant forums/groups, and again no mention. These people are sharp and they don't tend to miss anything.

You should get your answer soon enough though. Jeremy Child just died. I'm semi confident that he will get an obituary in either The Guardian or the Telegraph at some point. They tend to say if the subject's spouse survives them or predeceased them.

@Gisooo a comment in the edit summary of the page for Elizabeth Morgan says "My friend the actress Liz Morgan is not married to jeremy Childs and does not have a title. I have removed it from the text at her request. JC is married to a different Liz Morgan."

I'm inclined to believe this editor as there's no mention online of Jeremy Child being mentioned to the actress Elizabeth Morgan. "Elizabeth" and "Morgan" are both common names in the UK.

EDIT: In that case, it could be possible she has died off radar.

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

@Gisooo a comment in the edit summary of the page for Elizabeth Morgan says "My friend the actress Liz Morgan is not married to jeremy Childs and does not have a title. I have removed it from the text at her request. JC is married to a different Liz Morgan."

I'm inclined to believe this editor as there's no mention online of Jeremy Child being mentioned to the actress Elizabeth Morgan.

I expected this, Morgan was more older than Child, anyway after this his obituary doesn't help us. Hope she is still living

@Ulitzer95  Wait, I have something. 

An editor who said that was one of her familiar edited her article on 26 October 2019. His edit was reverted again. 

Person said:

Elizabeth “Lizzie” Morgan (Porter) of Port de Grave age 88 years, passed peacefully away surrounded by her loving family at Carbonear General Hospital on Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
Leaving to mourn with special memories:
Sons: Reuben (Doreen), Wayne (Charlotte), Don (Joyce), Ed (Yvonne), George (Carla) & Stephen Searle
Daughter: Debbie (Harold) Petten
Grandchildren: Trevor (Myline), Jeff (Alana), Jennifer, Nadine, Duane (Melinda), Danny (Teri), Michael, Darren (Katherine), Darrell (Debbie), Jill (Duane), Jacqueline (Adam), Joy (Chris), Charlene, (Jamie), Chris (Stacey) & Eoin
Great Grandchildren: Olivia, David, Annabelle, Alicia, Ryan, Ashley, Liam, Lily, Marysa, Addison, Grayson, Lucas, Alex, Keegan, & Tim
Brother: Harry (Sylvia) Porter
Sisters: Mildred Tucker & Lorraine Porter
Sisters-in-law: Beulah Porter, Marjorie Porter, Mabel Morgan, Enyd Morgan & Francis Rideout
Great Grandchildren: Olivia, David, Annabelle, Alicia, Ryan, Ashley, Liam, Lily, Marysa, Addison, Grayson, Lucas, Alex, Keegan, & Tim
Brother: Harry (Sylvia) Porter
Sisters: Mildred Tucker & Lorraine Porter
Sisters-in-law: Beulah Porter, Marjorie Porter, Mabel Morgan, Enyd Morgan & Francis Rideout

And a large circle of nieces, nephews, family & friends

She is predeceased by:
Husband: Albert Morgan
Son: Baxter
Parents: Harry & Alice Porter
Brothers: Maxwell & Hayward
Sister: Ethel (Ralph) Moore
Brothers-in-law: John Tucker, Harvey Morgan, Walter (Lindy) Morgan, Clem (Audrey) Morgan, Don Morgan & Eric Rideout
Sister-in-law: Flora (Allan) Bishop

Special thanks to her niece Eva Bishop and her home care workers: Eileen Morgan, Lindsey Howard, Sonya Bussey, Carly Molloy, Melanie Lush, & Wanda Petten. Special thanks to the Dr. Howse and the Nursing Staff of the 6th and 7th floor of Carbonear Hospital and to Dr. Jason Efford for his care over the years and visits to her home.

@Ulitzer95 Again I don't think it's her, but the person said that was one of her familiar ???

On 15/03/2021 at 15:44, Ulitzer95 said:

24) Maria Martin (IMDb) actress – Spanish. Roles in film and television, last credit was in 2000. Nothing since then but I would be very surprised if she died off radar.

I'm afraid she is 99% dead. There is no info or photo of her recently on Google plus I searched on FB and IG but again nothing

She was a Swedish descent and lived in Mexico for years

20 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I'm afraid she is 99% dead.

Still, where there's life there's hope :D

4 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I'm afraid she is 99% dead

Zsa Zsa was 99% dead for about 5 years

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Still, where there's life there's hope :D

Definitely yes, but the other way should always be considered

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Zsa Zsa was 99% dead for about 5 years

Yes, everything can happen

34 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

I'm afraid she is 99% dead. There is no info or photo of her recently on Google plus I searched on FB and IG but again nothing

She was a Swedish descent and lived in Mexico for years

My suspicion started after seeing previous editions of her page in Spanish Wikipedia

Someone had edited that she had died on June 10, 2014 in Barcelona

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

My suspicion started after seeing previous editions of her page in Spanish Wikipedia

Someone had edited that she had died on June 10, 2014 in Barcelona

Even though it is not a reliable source, she also has a profile on Find A Grave with the same death details as the edit

• Thanks 1

On 10/03/2022 at 20:06, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm inclined to believe this editor as there's no mention online of Jeremy Child being mentioned to the actress Elizabeth Morgan. "Elizabeth" and "Morgan" are both common names in the UK.

EDIT: In that case, it could be possible she has died off radar.

Just to clear one thing up, Jeremy Child's Guardian obit mentions that his wife died in 2019.  Also that she was a publisher.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Just to clear one thing up, Jeremy Child's Guardian obit mentions that his wife died in 2019.  Also that she was a publisher.

Thanks, and using that info I've found the corresponding GRO record. That particularly Elizabeth Morgan was born in 1953 so definitely not the actress!

7) Dominique Marcas (IMDb) actress – French, acting until a few years ago, alive and well it would seem

24) Maria Martin (IMDb) actress – Spanish. Roles in film and television, last credit was in 2000. Nothing since then but I would be very surprised if she died off radar.

Finally updated on IMDb

• Thanks 1

@Ulitzer95 I was looking for some British actresses over 80 who have several years without being seen in the media, I would like to know if they live or not?

Ann Morrish (b. 1928) 

Veronica Wells  (b. 1929)

Dorothy Bromiley  (b. 1930)

Ruth Trouncer  (b. 1930)

Elvi Hale  (b. 1931)

Denyse Alexander  (b. 1931)

Toni Palmer  (b. 1932)

Sally Bazely  (b. 1932)

Jennifer Wilson  (1932)

Mary Germaine  (b. 1933)

Barbara Archer  (b. 1925 / 1933)

Shirley Jaffe  (b. 1934)

Jill Dixon  (b. 1935)

Shirley Cain  (b. 1935)

apropos of nothing specific, thread here on sterling detective work by Toby Hadoke tracking down the Doctor Who 'Coal Hill' kids!

On 21/08/2021 at 19:38, arghton said:

Felix Gadzhievich Dadaev (born 1920 or 1923) Stalin's body double and artist

headMS1204_468x301.jpg.3e36c9b4adb758570e98e3dbd0d764b1.jpgfelixMS1204_468x536.jpg.996841a6ae5a71a91ddeb11ee951b515.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-559234/The-man-Stalins-body-double-finally-tells-story.html

https://www.rbth.com/history/333286-what-happened-stalins-double

Dadaev was one of Stalin's four body doubles in the 1940s and early 1950s and this has apparently been confirmed by the KGB.

His story was only revealed to the public in 2008 when he got a permission for talking about it from Putin and the latest picture I could find is from 2014:

image.png.b43188749bb5c6e92c3d200e601f43e2.png

According to the Russian wiki, he's alive and will be 99 next March. Can't find any other confirmation though, but I think that if he had died his death would be mentioned in a lot of places. Appeared in this 2013 document. Around 12:17 onwards

Felix Dadaev, Stalin's body double, now 99, apparently interviewed recently:

https://www.eg.ru/society/2033252-dvoynik-stalina-kogda-vojdyu-naskuchila-lyubovnica-lepeshinskaya-on-pritvorilsya-bolnym/

Tells how he was recruited after Stalin's last body double was killed, talks about how Khrushchev made him speak with the voice of Stalin after Stalin died, claims that Khrushchev was drunk when he gave Crimea to Ukraine, talks about how women loved Stalin and says that Molotov was the wisest person in Stalin's entourage.

• Like 2

2) John Bartha (IMDb) actor – Hungarian-born Italian, appeared in a lot of Spaghetti westerns, a huge list of credits to his name with the last being 1981. Someone on Wiki edited his page a while back to say he died in March 1991 under the name John Bertha, possibly in the States, but who knows?

Updated on IMDb

On 17/10/2021 at 14:10, Ulitzer95 said:

Marcy McGuire may have died. We still have no proof.

I want to say something even though I may be wrong. I have the impression that Marcy McGuire is alive and that editing was wrong.

In StarTriger last March on the 14th there are 2 scanned autographs. Could it be true?

8 hours ago, Gisooo said:

I want to say something even though I may be wrong. I have the impression that Marcy McGuire is alive and that editing was wrong.

In StarTriger last March on the 14th there are 2 scanned autographs. Could it be true?

Scan was added on March 14 but according to the uploader, he received them on 2017.

• Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1