Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

I'm trying to find out if Yoshitada Minami or his wife Fumiko are still alive.  

I suspect they are both long deceased, but as co-inventors in 1956 of the automatic rice cooker, I would have thought there might be an obituary out there somewhere.

11 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I'm trying to find out if Yoshitada Minami or his wife Fumiko are still alive.  

I suspect they are both long deceased, but as co-inventors in 1956 of the automatic rice cooker, I would have thought there might be an obituary out there somewhere.

Yoshitada Minami was born in 1908 and died in 1966.

22 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yoshitada Minami was born in 1908 and died in 1966.

Thank you.  

The trail of the keep warm pioneer goes very cold. Not a classy future unique pick for me either.  

On 04/04/2021 at 23:47, Ulitzer95 said:

@Octopus of Odstock, had a bit of spare time tonight so did the names on your Jimmy Stewart list who are over 85. Only found one death – Jacques Roux, in 2006. The five four in gold I can't be sure if they're alive or not – though I'm sure msc will know about Evans. All the rest are still with us!

Glen Denning – Living in Ladera Ranch, California as of 2021.

Apparently, according to imdb, Denning died last May in Oxnard, California. Not seen anything on a quick Google search to verify that though.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have any idea that could have happened to these two child actresses of the 30s

Betty Jane Beard (b. 1927) and Barbara Goodrich (b. 1927) 

They have appeared in minor roles in Our Gang film series, both were born in Los Angeles and turn out to be live according to IMDb and lordeath.com

Betty is the sister of Stymie Beard (Wiki) and even though she was female, she played brother roles

betty_jane_beard_when_the_wind_blows.jpg      barbara_goodrich_bored_of_education.jpg 

On 09/03/2022 at 17:38, Ulitzer95 said:
Naissance
Nom Berger
Prénom(s) Simone Marie Jeanne
Sexe Féminin
Date 16/09/1923
Commune Paris 13e Arrondissement (75113)
Département 75
Pays France (FRA)
Décès
Date 29/03/2020
Age 96 ans
Commune La Bruffière (85039)
Département 85
Pays France (FRA)
Acte n° 9
Source INSEE fichier 2020, ligne n°163038

This record is more likely to be her. The first name, DOB and place of birth all match, BUT in order to prove it, you'd have to find a source that confirms her middle names or that her married surname was Berger. There just isn't much out there on this subject at all.

@Gisooo, did you submit this to IMDb? :rolleyes:

I see they've added it to her profile, which is alarming because there is no real evidence that these are the same two people.

Anyone got any data on Catherine Hawn, third wife of Dean Martin? Lots of terrible auto-generated copy about her online (there has been no news about her in years this means she is alive and healthy) but I can find nothing about her since Dean's funeral. She alleged shot Dino in the hand once during an argument.

I have a case that might interest someone!  :sherlock:

Recently, I picked the film The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly as my selection into the 'Silver Screens Deadpool'. As one might suspect, not many actors from a movie that came out in 1966 are still living. One such actor still lurking about, or at least I thought, is named John Bartha. At the time of my post (within the last week) IMDb + wiki had not been updated to show a DOD. That would lead one to believe he either died off the radar, or is alive and kicking at 100+. Unless I am mistaken, which is possible, I can find no reason for a recent update showing that he died in 1991 at age 71 via IMDb.   The man was born around 1920 in Hungary and supposedly moved to the U.S later in his life. The last film role I can find was 1981.

I have linked his most relevant pages below. If someone can solve this riddle I would be thrilled!

IMDb

Wiki

• Like 1

On 09/04/2022 at 22:32, Octopus of Odstock said:

Apparently, according to imdb, Denning died last May in Oxnard, California. Not seen anything on a quick Google search to verify that though.

For completeness, obits here and here.

• Thanks 1

Anyone care to run some quick checks on this one? Steve Gatorwolf was a pro-wrestler of the early 1980s who was originally meant to be the Next Jay Strongbow but apparently botched his war dance before his debut WWF match so was reduced to a jobber pretty much instantly. Fought all the big names of the 80s though and was even in the "Land of 1,000 Dances" video (at 0:44 here). Anyway, after wrestling he went to prison for running an underground MMA fight club, and then he raped a 14-year-old girl. That assault was covered pretty heavily everywhere in 2014, which would make the fact that a few places have him listed down as dying in 2017 but that not being reported anywhere, even on pro-wrestling news sites, very confusing. Can anyone see if a Stephen Nathaneil Ketcher from Grand Junction, Colorado did cark it in 2017?

11 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Anyone care to run some quick checks on this one? Steve Gatorwolf was a pro-wrestler of the early 1980s who was originally meant to be the Next Jay Strongbow but apparently botched his war dance before his debut WWF match so was reduced to a jobber pretty much instantly. Fought all the big names of the 80s though and was even in the "Land of 1,000 Dances" video (at 0:44 here). Anyway, after wrestling he went to prison for running an underground MMA fight club, and then he raped a 14-year-old girl. That assault was covered pretty heavily everywhere in 2014, which would make the fact that a few places have him listed down as dying in 2017 but that not being reported anywhere, even on pro-wrestling news sites, very confusing. Can anyone see if a Stephen Nathaneil Ketcher from Grand Junction, Colorado did cark it in 2017?

Are you an Observer subscriber? I'm not but according to the old DVD forums, Meltzer's Observer referred to Gatorwolf dying in jail in September 2017. But Dave didn't mention it on his twitter at all, which would be a level of tact I had no ascribed to him, tbh. But that's apparently the source.

A quick glance at the IMDB entry for Allan Foenander, born 1929, casting director uncredited on Live And Let Die, but credited on Shirley Valentine and Wild Geese II, might lead you think he was still alive. His bio says he died last year, but his main entry has not been amended. Wonder why that would be.

Official confirmation of his death here: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4052713

Died at Denville Hall.

• Like 3

On 30/01/2022 at 11:18, Ulitzer95 said:

I've already covered Rock and Michon on this thread. Rock was definitely still alive in 2008, presumably in Australia. She doesn't appear in the Ryerson Index so she could still be alive. Michon I couldn't trace.

@Ulitzer95 Felippa Rock (Pate), American actress and Michael Pate's wife has died on December 15, 2021 at 97 according to Ryerson Index

Surname Given Names Notice Type Date Event Age Other Details Publication Published
PATE Felippa Granville Probate notice 15DEC2021 Death   late of Wadalba NSW Probate Index 12JAN2022
  • Thanks 1

On 15/02/2022 at 18:51, Gisooo said:

This is a list of surviving actors from American drama TV Series Perry Mason (1957 - 1966)

• Andra Martin (Wiki) played Arlene Ferris - Still alive, aged 86

Warner Bros. contract player Andra Martin (wikidead at 86. Career only spanned 1956 to 1963 despite having a mid-level prominence.

images.jpeg.32c5ade5f6f79bd12e674f0241accc7c.jpeg

• Like 3

On 07/05/2022 at 18:33, Gisooo said:

@Ulitzer95 Felippa Rock (Pate), American actress and Michael Pate's wife has died on December 15, 2021 at 97 according to Ryerson Index

Surname Given Names Notice Type Date Event Age Other Details Publication Published
PATE Felippa Granville Probate notice 15DEC2021 Death   late of Wadalba NSW Probate Index 12JAN2022

I submitted this to IMDb, and they've refused it, because.. well because they're idiots. That's why.

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Warner Bros. contract player Andra Martin (wikidead at 86. Career only spanned 1956 to 1963 despite having a mid-level prominence.

Picked on the DDP by ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERNS FRONT. So one to keep an eye on to see if the news filters into the mainstream Hollywood sources.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Picked on the DDP by ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERNS FRONT. So one to keep an eye on to see if the news filters into the mainstream Hollywood sources.

QO

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-58722705.amp

• Facepalm 5

On 11/05/2022 at 08:19, Ulitzer95 said:

I submitted this to IMDb, and they've refused it, because.. well because they're idiots. That's why.

UPDATED

• Like 1

I’m curious about former CNN Moneyline financial journalist Myron Kandel. He does not have a Wikipedia entry which surprises me greatly. He appears to have been born around 1930 and was still alive in 2020.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/40-years-later-cnns-myron-mike-kandel-now-90-looks-back-on-the-launch-of-moneyline-301065469.html

On 13/01/2022 at 11:47, Ulitzer95 said:

Tom Felleghy (wiki, b. 1921) Hungarian-born actor who appeared in over 100 films, mainly in Italian cinema.

According to an edit in his Italian Wiki, Tom may died on September 13, 2005 in Bracciano, Italy at 83

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was told by a friend last week who lives near the late Andre Maranne in Brighton that his wife Moira passed away earlier this year, less than a year after him. I wasn't going to write this on here in case it was incorrect but their house has just been sold on Rightmove (I think it's okay to share this) which pretty much confirms it. It's not a big shock as she had been in ill health for a long while and Andre was a carer for her, but still very sad. I had the pleasure of meeting her once and she was a lovely lady (and Andre was lovely too). https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/122712965#/?channel=RES_BUY

• Like 1

On 15/05/2022 at 13:25, Gisooo said:

According to an edit in his Italian Wiki, Tom may died on September 13, 2005 in Bracciano, Italy at 83

Well that's good timing! I've just watched one of Tom Felleghy's 100+ films, the 1974 poliziottesco Milano odia: la polizia non-può sparare, aka Almost Human. I was intrigued to see a supposed centenarian in the cast, so came here to see if he had been mentioned at all.

On 15/03/2021 at 23:44, Ulitzer95 said:

2) John Bartha (IMDb) actor – Hungarian-born Italian, appeared in a lot of Spaghetti westerns, a huge list of credits to his name with the last being 1981. Someone on Wiki edited his page a while back to say he died in March 1991 under the name John Bertha, possibly in the States, but who knows?

His IMDb page is changed. Born on February 6, 1915 in Csikszerada, 

Also an unsourced edit was made in the Italian wiki saying he died on February 27, 2002.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

His IMDb page is changed. Born on February 6, 1915 in Csikszerada, 

Also an unsourced edit was made in the Italian wiki saying he died on February 27, 2002.

This is someone I am very interested in. If we can figure out a way to lock down his bio in concrete, it would be thrilling.

Especially as English wiki has him alive at 102 + being born in 1920...