Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Al Besselink (American golfer) POSSIBLY DIED 10 APRIL 2017

There's a classic piece of Wikipedia mod dickwaving if you click through to this guy's talk page. Basically someone refusing to accept that this picture of a grave, which matches Besselink's full name, date of birth and military rank, isn't an official document.

178793594_157ca1e9-baa3-4e61-a664-9d8f0d

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

There's a classic piece of Wikipedia mod dickwaving if you click through to this guy's talk page. Basically someone refusing to accept that this picture of a grave, which matches Besselink's full name, date of birth and military rank, isn't an official document.

178793594_157ca1e9-baa3-4e61-a664-9d8f0d

Yup, that’s me having that argument with him!

Some Floridian golf wanker. His argument was “well it could be a distant cousin”. I mean, there’s even an article from several years prior stating that he was dying from dementia in a care home! It’s blatantly him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grimgrass said:

There's a BillionGraves entry for a Kenneth Draper, buried to Manitoba, where he has lived according to Wiki. Birth and death year match to your info as well.

I’ll try and find a way to link this one all together. It’s definitely him. If I can find a newspaper source that mentions his spouse then it’ll all piece together nicely enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

b. 1924
Geoffrey Drayton (Barbadian novelist, poet and journalist) POSSIBLY DIED 28 AUGUST 2014

Not sure if this is good enough for Wiki, but this site claims Drayton died in 2017 in Spain: http://www.artsetcbarbados.com/feature/lifting-lid-geoffrey-drayton-and-his-outsider-role-barbadian-literature

Yup, that’s me having that argument with him!

Some Floridian golf wanker. His argument was “well it could be a distant cousin”. I mean, there’s even an article from several years prior stating that he was dying from dementia in a care home! It’s blatantly him.

This probably doesn't help much, but there's a BillionGraves entry (without a grave pic) for Besselink as well.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Grimgrass said:

Not sure if this is good enough for Wiki, but this site claims Drayton died in 2017 in Spain: http://www.artsetcbarbados.com/feature/lifting-lid-geoffrey-drayton-and-his-outsider-role-barbadian-literature

This probably doesn't help much, but there's a BillionGraves entry (without a grave pic) for Besselink as well.

Can't use BillionGraves alone for Besselink. There's another user vetoing it. 

Thanks for the other two! I've done Draper and Drayton.

In their places on the list I've added songwriter Roma Wilkinson (died 2013?) and Grammy Award winning jazz producer Sonny Lester (died 2018?).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Key said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berniece_Baker_Miracle

The source on wikipedia is more than unreliable about Berniece Baker Miracles death. If anyone knows anything else or if it's been talked about before, I'd be interested

We’ve spoken about her in length on here before. There is literally a photo of her grave with name, spouse, birth and death dates.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We’ve spoken about her in length on here before. There is literally a photo of her grave with name, spouse, birth and death dates.

Oh cool, any specific page?

10 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Paul Muller (Swiss actor in Italian films) POSSIBLY DIED 2 SEPTEMBER 2016

Paul Muller could be vandalism, I do not believe he died off the radar after in 2015 he appeared in a documentary. Italian media should write about it. Here's a photo of him in 2019

No photo description available. 

• Shocked 1

On 15/03/2021 at 23:44, Ulitzer95 said:

12) Marilyn Cooper (IMDb) actress – American, with just one credit (in 1949) but better known as the widow of Indian actor Sabu (1924–1963). Appeared in a 1993 documentary. There is a 2002 article about her on Newspapers.com about her moving away from California. According to the official records actually born 13 Oct 1923 in Charleston, West Virginia. Not to be confused with the stage actress of the same name (1934–2009).

I remember in an interview where Paul Sabu pointed out that his mother Marilyn was still alive plus she seems to still be living in the Pacific Palisades, California or Glendale as Marilyn C. Sabu

• Like 1

Does anyone know what may have happened to British child actor Philip Frost (IMDb) ?

He was born in 1926 and seems to be still alive around 95 to 96.  I just wanted a sign if he is still alive. 

He played Tiny Tim in Scrooge (1935) and Valentine in Wings of the Morning (1937)

Philip Frost Picture          Philip Frost – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI

56 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Does anyone know what may have happened to British child actor Philip Frost (IMDb) ?

He was born in 1926 and seems to be still alive around 95 to 96.  I just wanted a sign if he is still alive. 

He played Tiny Tim in Scrooge (1935) and Valentine in Wings of the Morning (1937)

Philip Frost Picture          Philip Frost – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI

I did some searching. Couldn't find anything definitive, but here's what I found: IMDb mentions he was credited once as Philip Sydney Frost.

The closest match on FreeBMD seems to be a Philip S. Frost born on Q2/1926 in Hackney (Of course, there's a chance the birth year and place on IMDb might not be correct), and Ancestry (don't have a subscription, so I can't see all info) suggests this person's middle name is Sidney.

Find a Will has a Philip Sidney Frost who died on 30 April 2011, but I can't link it to this person. GRO might have the answer, but I can't access that myself, and even then, I can't really prove it is definitely the actor.

16 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Does anyone know whether Henry Roberts (IMDB) is still alive? I am sceptical, but there is always that chance... 

I have conducted some research, and asked around elsewhere, and it seems that Roberts died in 2019 according to Britmovie. 

https://www.britmovie.co.uk/forum/cinema/obituaries/81434-henry-roberts

• Thanks 1

There's a list on the Oldest Living State Leaders wikipedia page's talk page called Unproven possibilities and future additions. I'll post the "not sure if alive" names here, just in case someone wants to take a look at them and is able to find a reliable deathdate (or proof that they're alive).

Emmanuel Bruny (1915) Haiti Executive Government Council member in 1957. 

Feliciano Avelar (1919) Member of El Salvador's Civic-Military Directory 1961-1962. 

Max Bolte (1920) Haiti Executive Government Council member in 1957, probably died before 2000 but the exact year isn't known.

Avtar Singh (1923) Sikkim political officer 1964-1966: Possibly died 2015.

Ricardo Falla Cáceres (1921 or 1929-1990?) El Salvador junta of government member 1960-1961. Spanish wiki claims he died in 1990. 

Jaime Florentino Mendieta Vargas (1922 or 1926-2000) Bolivia Junta member 1971. 

Marino Vagnetti (1924) Two-time Cpt. Regent of San Marino. This case has been mentioned here before.

Ri Kun-mo (1926-2001?) Premier of North Korea 1986-1988. Very likely died in 2001.

Ambrose Patrick Genda (1927-2001?) Sierra Leone Chairman of the National Reformation Council in 1967. Lived in London and likely died there in 2001.

Emmanuelle Bodjolle (1928-?) Togo leader in 1963, case mentioned here before, disappeared, likely killed. Nobody knows, and I doubt his remains will be found.

Michel Lévêque (1933) Head of Govt of Monaco 1997-2000. Out of the people on this list, the only one I think IS still very much alive.

Unknown status "upcoming leaders".

Severino Tura (1934) San Marino Cpt. Regent in 1985.

Félix Mouzabakani (1934) Former "Military leader of the Republic of Congo" for a moment in August 1963, was apparently alive in 2020.

Óscar Pammo Rodríguez (1934) Bolivia junta member 1981. 

The San Marino Cpt. Regents are annoying. Two people hold the title per half a year, that's an amount of max 40 during a decade and therefore the place has more living former Heads of State/Govt than any other country in this world, and for a lot of them you can't find nearly any info on the internet. It'd be great if San Marino's govt published a list of all the living ones once in a while. 

• Like 1

Earlier today I linked an Imbd list with the oldest living actors. In second place on that list at 101 is Jack Rader. The problem is I have very little information about him and I have reason to believe that he is possibly younger. Than what he claims. His earliest credit is is 1968 and someone starting acting at 48 is odd. Also in a lot of the pictures that I've seem of him he looks younger than what he claims he is. 

Anyone willing to do a little digging and shed some light on this 

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0705333/

2 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Earlier today I linked an Imbd list with the oldest living actors. In second place on that list at 101 is Jack Rader. The problem is I have very little information about him and I have reason to believe that he is possibly younger. Than what he claims. His earliest credit is is 1968 and someone starting acting at 48 is odd. Also in a lot of the pictures that I've seem of him he looks younger than what he claims he is. 

Anyone willing to do a little digging and shed some light on this 

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0705333/

We already went through that one. Evidence was found that he was born 1936 iirc.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

We already went through that one. Evidence was found that he was born 1936 iirc.

The fact that IMDB still hasn’t updated that despite it being known for over a year really shows how lazy they are. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

The fact that IMDB still hasn’t updated that despite it being known for over a year really shows how lazy they are. 

They changed it after I submitted it then about a month later they changed it back. 

2 hours ago, chilean way said:

Anyone know something about Edna May Wonacott, her page was edited to give a death date but I can't find a source...

Edna May Wonacott is still alive, that edit was a vandalism

How can a person have died in June 2020, when she has been active in signing autographs and photos in 2021 and 2022.

Ps: In fact her autographs are delayed because she is not so well, last month 5 photos signed by her arrived late.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

They changed it after I submitted it then about a month later they changed it back. 

Bruh moment right there 

This seems the most appropriate thread.

May I bring to the attention of those reading the existence of actors Jon Rumney (IMDB) and Jules Walter (sometimes credited under Jules Walters) (IMDB). Of my shadowlist, these are the two most likely to die off my radar. If they do, please could it be reported on the forums so that I am aware. Thank you in advance.