Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

48 minutes ago, arghton said:

Thiounn Mumm died around March according to a post by facebook user Fichenou Lapaix, March 29. Translated from French.

In recent days, several Cambodians have paid tributes on Facebook to Thiounn Mumm, one of the Pol Pot regime's "intellectual" bonds, who died in Paris aged 96. These admirers feel veneration for this "great man" from polytechnic, who is one of the four very famous "intellectual" brothers who served the Khmer Rouge regime.

He is the third son of the powerful aristocratic family that has been linked to monarchic power since the French protectorate. Indeed, his grandfather, Thiounn, was the palace minister from 1902 to 1941.

The Thiounn brothers curiously escaped the Khmer Red Purges while several important cadres were eliminated in S-21.

They held important positions, but they did not have the decision-making power. They still remained loyal to Pol Pot for several years after the fall of Khmer Reds in 1979.

Can't find any articles or other confirmation, knowing his Khmer name could help.

Do you have the link to the FB post?

Also, can you send me the link to the geni page for Achmad Adnawidjaja?

@arghton, actually don't worry about the FB post. Here is the death record for Thiounn Mumm. Died on 22 March 2022 in Paris.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/07/2022 at 23:02, arghton said:

Asian politicians born 1922-1929 with no death date, if someone wants to find a death date/confirmation that someone from this list is alive, go ahead...

G. D. Mahindasoma (19 February 1928) Sri Lanka, 1st CM of the Northern Central Province 1988-1996

Obit for his brother here from April 2006 mentions that G. D. Mahindasoma predeceased him.

• Like 1

Asian politicians born 1922-1929 with no death date, if someone wants to find a death date/confirmation that someone from this list is alive, go ahead...

Sumanapala Dahanayake (4 February 1929) Sri Lanka former member of the parliament

Dahanayake died prior to 2008 according to this news article.

• Like 2

Abdul Muntaquim Chaudhury (2 September 1929) Bangladeshi former member of the parliaments of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Interviewed here in 2011. He is mentioned once or twice in articles from 2021/22, and they seem to talk about him in the present tense.

• Like 2

Ashoknath Banerji (7 October 1929) India, Karnataka governor 1983-1988

Banerji died in 2006 as per this journal published by the Lok Sabha Secretariat.

• Like 1

Hari Anand Barari (1929) India, Governor of Haryana 1987-1989. Unsourced wikipedia edit says he died in 2016.

Barari died on 10 January 2016, at the age of 86, as per this.

Literally the first result on Google when you hit in "Hari Anand Barari" "died".... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Md. Reazuddin Ahmed (1929) Bangladeshi politician. Marked living on wikipedia but the page also says he's dead.

This yearbook confirms that Md/ Reazuddin Ahmed (also known as "Bhola Mia") died on 14 February 1997, aged 67/68.

That's me done. :)

• Like 2

@Ulitzer95 given your detective ability which I quite admire, can you help me check on Sabine André’s case (b. 1913) : I can’t find anything about her possible death… 

3 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

@Ulitzer95 given your detective ability which I quite admire, can you help me check on Sabine André’s case (b. 1913) : I can’t find anything about her possible death… 

You asked me already about a year ago, and we went over everything we could find.

17 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Al-Sufi died in Latakia on 19 November 2018 (aged 90/91) according to this.

You mean there's a biography of him on this site, right?

Sufi's successor Ziad al-Hariri (wiki) also seems to have vanished into thin air. Would be 92 if still alive.

3 minutes ago, drol said:

You mean there's a biography of him on this site, right?

Sufi's successor Ziad al-Hariri (wiki) also seems to have vanished into thin air. Would be 92 if still alive.

Yeah, for some reason the link just goes to the front page of that site now. It was working fine the other day. :scratchhead: 

• Thanks 1

On 22/07/2022 at 01:02, arghton said:

Hashim Aqrawi (1926) Iraqi Kurdish politician.

According to his Arabic wiki Hashim Aqrawi died on 10 May 1990.

This LA Times article says he was "ailing" in July 1989, so I assume that death date is correct.

• Like 2

On 25/07/2022 at 17:42, arghton said:

According to his Arabic wiki Hashim Aqrawi died on 10 May 1990.

This LA Times article says he was "ailing" in July 1989, so I assume that death date is correct.

This confirms he died in 1990.

• Like 1

Harinder Singh (20 January 1922) India, Punjab opposition leader 1969-1971. Wikipedia page says "Died: Not known"

The death of Major Harinder Singh is mentioned in this book on page one. 

He died in the Amritsar district (where his constituency was) on 31 August 1972, whilst he was still an incumbent member. The book notes that he was 55, so born 1916 or 1917, not 1922.

• Like 1

On 31/01/2022 at 18:10, Ulitzer95 said:

Alice Beardsley

born Alice McCarthy Beardsley on 28 Mar 1925 in Henrico County, Virginia
married James Carroll in 1948 in Manhattan, New York
was a noted artist in New York during the 1950s
living in Pleasantville, New York in 1994 as Alice Beardsley Carroll
no death record on Ancestry so she was at least living 10 years ago
this would suggest that she's still alive, living in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida, at the age of 96 – but these data harvesting sites are not always correct, they can often use outdated information from several years ago. 

image.png.259777db85086e82119e30c34c136038.png

Died off radar shortly before turning 94. Looks like a few sites got the memo (she's marked as deceased on radaris, etc.)

Another case of someone dying completely unnoticed with no visible online obituary, despite having a sibling who got one: https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/heraldtribune/name/grant-beardsley-obituary

• Like 2

Baksi Nayak (11 September 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1971-1977.

Baksi Nayak died on 13 August 1993, at the age of 70, as per this book.

• Like 1

Soviet/Ukrainian scientist/metallurgist Ivan Uzlov (wiki) died in Ukraine on 21 February 2022, at the age of 98, according to his Russian wiki.

Not an important name, but one from my list of ancient Soviet ppl. Can anyone find a source for his death?

On 31/01/2022 at 18:10, Ulitzer95 said:

I can't find anything for Helene Marshall but her ex-husband, actor George E. Marshall (IMDb, b. 1923) was likely still alive 10 years ago, so he could still be around.

George E. Marshall died in Ojai, California on August 27, 2013. Mildly surprising IMDb missed it, given there's an online obituary with the same DOB:

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/ventura-ca/george-marshall-5648866

Helene Marshall died around summer 2015 under her maiden name. Can't track her down in any public records, but this showed up in the Beverly Hills Weekly:

NOTICE OF PETITION TO ADMINISTER ESTATE OF:
HELENE MARIE NIELSEN
CASE NO. BP164280
To all heirs, beneficiaries, creditors, contingent creditors, and persons who may otherwise be interested in the WILL or estate, or both of HELENE MARIE NIELSEN.
A PETITION FOR PROBATE has been filed by GEORGE EDWARD MARSHALL JR. in the Superior Court of California, County of LOS ANGELES.
THE PETITION FOR PROBATE requests that GEORGE EDWARD MARSHALL JR. be appointed as personal representative to administer the estate of the decedent.

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, arghton said:

Is "GI Jill" Virginia C. Claudon Allen still alive? A name I've seen a few times, never mentioned on these forums though. 103 if still alive.

Article here from July 2019, when she was confirmed as being alive aged 99. Can't find anything since then but it seems she's "on the radar".

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Anyone got any leads (pun not intended) on Dorothy Steves, who was the dog trainer for pretty much every TV show in the UK during the 70s and 80s? Was famous enough at the time to write a best-selling book, but can't see any evidence of her being either alive or carking it over the past 30 years.

Steves was from the United States, was living in Berkshire in 1980 or so, gleaned from Google Books.

Cannot find a death in the UK myself, possible she returned to the States.

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Steves was from the United States, was living in Berkshire in 1980 or so, gleaned from Google Books.

Cannot find a death in the UK myself, possible she returned to the States.

Eh? According to this 1968 Daily Mirror article, she was born in Derbyshire? In the 1980s, it was noted by another paper that she had been training dogs for "around 20 years". Seems plausible she could still be with us.