Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Eh? According to this 1968 Daily Mirror article, she was born in Derbyshire? In the 1980s, it was noted by another paper that she had been training dogs for "around 20 years". Seems plausible she could still be with us.

I have no access to your link, and Ancestry and most of the other links you post here. I had a quick swatch at Books results. If it's not Barbara Woodhouse, who cares anyway? :lol:

One thing I note about Steves was that she moved around a lot. Newspaper articles from the 60s to the 80s placed her everywhere from Paddington, Knightsbridge, Buckinghamshire and the U.S. and Brazil. There was a Dorothy Steves who was born in 1927 died in 2009 in East Sussex. No other record comes remotely close to being her.

On 15/03/2021 at 15:44, Ulitzer95 said:

21) Marylou Connors (IMDb) wife – American spouse of actor Mike Connors (1925–2017). The mind boggles why her IMDb profile has so many hits. Only two credits – appearing as herself on TV programmes.

I am afraid to say, she was not alive

According to this, published on June  2022, Marylou died after Mike. They passed on the same year, in 2017, with Lou dying shortly after Connors' demise. So I am very surprised that she did not receive an obituary

Date, month ??

• Thanks 1

On 05/08/2022 at 17:40, Ulitzer95 said:

One thing I note about Steves was that she moved around a lot. Newspaper articles from the 60s to the 80s placed her everywhere from Paddington, Knightsbridge, Buckinghamshire and the U.S. and Brazil. There was a Dorothy Steves who was born in 1927 died in 2009 in East Sussex. No other record comes remotely close to being her.

The Brazil thing I found particularly confusing: were dog trainers in such demand back in the 1970s that they'd be flown out internationally?

I have been watching old Brookside episodes and wondering about a couple of people.

Cliff Howells (George Jackson). He seems to have had a steady if not exactly stellar career until about 20 years ago, then nothing.

Ann Haydn-Edwards (Teresa Nolan) also seems to have stopped working over 20 years ago, but never did that much anyway.

I know they are not big names but they were in some big storylines and I am curious. I have given up on finding out of Shelagh O 'Hara is still around.I

Not in Brookside, but does anyone know if actress Dawn Beret is still around.

On 15/03/2021 at 22:44, Ulitzer95 said:

- cut- 

1923:

18) Ben Stern (IMDb) sound engineer – American, father of radio giant Howard Stern (b. 1954). Last appeared with his son in 2011. In 2018 Howard Stern stated his father was "ailing".

-cut-

Ben Stern reported to have died 'recently' as per this interview with Howard Stern.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 21/07/2022 at 23:02, arghton said:

Asian politicians born 1922-1929 with no death date, if someone wants to find a death date/confirmation that someone from this list is alive, go ahead...

*snip*

Kamichetty Savithri (26 February 1923) India, Yanam politician

*snip*

Story here about Kamichetty Savithri's death anniversary being commemorated in June 2018. She was alive in 1995, so must have died between then and 2017.

Anyway, another off your list.

• Like 1

Another wrestling figure to ponder. Nanjo Singh was a big "foreign heel" menace who mainly worked in Canada, particularly noted for his feud with Whipper Watson. Was allegedly the guy who invented the entrance ramp (so heels could get out of the ring safer when attracting too much heat) and was also, against Watson, involved in the first recorded steel cage match. He also, in 1958, beat his wife Betty to death. There's rumours promoters bribed law enforcement into giving him a more lenient sentence (he only served, depending on sources, 6 to 8 years for first-degree murder) as crowds in Maple Leaf Wrestling were dying out without him. 

That's by the by. A lot of places online have a death date for him of 2006. However, they seem to be basing this on this obituary of a man in Calgary called Nanjo Singh who was also a wrestler.... except this guy had a 50-year marriage at the time of his death, and was also born in 1930. Singh's in-ring debut was in 1932, so they're clearly different people. I've seen dates of birth for our Singh given anywhere between 1913 and 1920. Surely there has to be something definitive out there for him? 

EDIT: Here's a Facebook post confirming that people have been confusing the two Nanjo Singhs for nearly 70 years. Further muddying the waters, lots of places online have attributed Stu Hart's comments about the younger Singh to the murderer Singh.

This archive of South Asian history in Canada contains a photo of Singh noting he was a cousin of a guy called Mayo Singh, a mill owner. Mayo's profile on the same website notes a) he was from near the town of Paldi in India and b) his full name was Mayo Singh Manhas. There's a Nanjo Singh Manhas who was born in Paldi and died in Las Vegas on Ancestry.com, year-of-birth 1914. Presumably this is our guy, but still no date of death.

Asian politicians born 1922-1929 with no death date, if someone wants to find a death date/confirmation that someone from this list is alive, go ahead...

Tamara Ilangaratne (15 March 1925) Ceylon/Sri Lanka politician, former Member of Parliament, widow of T. B. Ilangaratne.

Tamara Ilangaratne is deceased according to this.

Edit: Managed to crawl an archived news page here. She died 5 October 2000.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Does anyone know when Günther Schwägermann died? Wiki now has him marked as dead, but with no date of death. 

I believe he was alive as of 2013, but I haven't heard anything about him since. 

Please not this again. 

Use the search function and refer to the millions of times he's already been discussed.

And also read his "talk" page on Wikipedia. He wasn't alive in 2013. He's likely been dead for decades.

Gulabrao Jedhe (9 December 1922) India, Lok Sabha member 1960-1967.

@arghton, an unsourced edit on Wiki last week (reverted by moi) claims Jedhe died in Pune, India on 30 November 2003 (aged 80). I believe it's probably accurate, yet I can't find a source anywhere, not even a mention on social media.

I don't have time today but if you play about with the spelling of his name online a little, you may be able to unearth something on Google (or Google Books). The problem with many of these Indian names is the spelling of their names differs quite a lot when translated into English. Also Indians have a habit of initialising forenames so also try "Gulabrao K Jedhe", "G K Jedhe", "Shri G K Jedhe", "late G K Jedhe" etc. and also try the same searches with also adding his constituency names ("Maharashtra" and "Baramati"). Good luck.

• Like 1

On 15/08/2022 at 18:47, Spade_Cooley said:

Another wrestling figure to ponder. Nanjo Singh was a big "foreign heel" menace who mainly worked in Canada, particularly noted for his feud with Whipper Watson. Was allegedly the guy who invented the entrance ramp (so heels could get out of the ring safer when attracting too much heat) and was also, against Watson, involved in the first recorded steel cage match. He also, in 1958, beat his wife Betty to death. There's rumours promoters bribed law enforcement into giving him a more lenient sentence (he only served, depending on sources, 6 to 8 years for first-degree murder) as crowds in Maple Leaf Wrestling were dying out without him. 

That's by the by. A lot of places online have a death date for him of 2006. However, they seem to be basing this on this obituary of a man in Calgary called Nanjo Singh who was also a wrestler.... except this guy had a 50-year marriage at the time of his death, and was also born in 1930. Singh's in-ring debut was in 1932, so they're clearly different people. I've seen dates of birth for our Singh given anywhere between 1913 and 1920. Surely there has to be something definitive out there for him? 

EDIT: Here's a Facebook post confirming that people have been confusing the two Nanjo Singhs for nearly 70 years. Further muddying the waters, lots of places online have attributed Stu Hart's comments about the younger Singh to the murderer Singh.

img.thumb.jpeg.f7fd64695abf48661741043540b04f2a.jpeg

Newspaper clipping from January 1958 puts his age at 49. So born 1908/1909. He was from Calcutta, India, but nothing says he was born there.

Now he was WWII fighting age and U.S. based in the 40s, so my instinct was to check the draft cards. Bingo. Found him. "Nanjo Singh, born 31 October 1908 in Paldi, India". Was living in NYC in 1943 when drafted.

Then I checked the death index and found this, his record "Nanjo Singh, b. 31 Oct 1908, d. 22 Feb 1984 (aged 75) in Las Vegas, Nevada".

The Nanjo Singh who died in Calgary in 2006 was definitely Canadian-born in 1930 as per this obit so yes, there is a confusion between two wrestlers with the same name.

I'm a great believer in wiping inaccurate info off the net before it spreads too much. Might be worth your while getting in touch with a few of those wrestling sites and putting the record straight.

• Like 6

On 15/03/2021 at 19:44, Ulitzer95 said:

27) Barbara Bushman (IMDb) wife – I wouldn't even describe her as an actress because she had one uncredited role in a 1932 film. Married to actor Harry Morgan until his death in 2011. Still living in Los Angeles, California as Barbara B. Quine Morgan in 2021.

This seems like it's probably her: Barbara B. Morgan, aka Barbara B. Quine, dead on June 9, 2013

BRDPtFD.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tracy said:

This seems like it's probably her: Barbara B. Morgan, aka Barbara B. Quine, dead on June 9, 2013

BRDPtFD.png

Thanks.

Spokeo previously had a residency profile for her in 2021. I see they've now removed the age, which usually indicates they've died. I'll update.

On 24/07/2022 at 14:09, drol said:

@arghton, I suggest you also keep a list of those found to be alive, so it will be easier to track them in the future should their deaths go unreported.

@Ulitzer95, when was Rahimuddin's last public appearance? He seems to live like a hermit.

Rahimuddin Khan (wiki) being reported dead on Facebook at the age of 98.

Very odd timing considering our conversation about him being off radar for the last decade but the source seems credible.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Rahimuddin Khan (wiki) being reported dead on Facebook at the age of 98.

Very odd timing considering our conversation about him being off radar for the last decade but the source seems credible.

There's an undated picture of him in his later years in the comments:

rahimuddin.png.53aa179fb1fb5e8f8e080c8abc626b8b.png

Waiting for the Pakistani obits. One of those people I'd love to have seen on the Immortals list, pretty much a "peak" immortal: Over 95 and seemed to have been very ill for ages. Well, there's still Hsing Yun, KH Ali Yafie, Giorgio Napolitano, Yang You, Oscar Wyatt, Sheikh Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah, Pope Benedict XVI and Shyam Saran Negi who will hopefully not live long enough to get on the list.

• Like 2

On 18/08/2022 at 14:01, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm a great believer in wiping inaccurate info off the net before it spreads too much. Might be worth your while getting in touch with a few of those wrestling sites and putting the record straight.

Pro Wrestling Stories has corrected their piece on him, and even links to the DL forum as a place for "verifiable accounts"

• Like 3

On 15/03/2021 at 19:44, Ulitzer95 said:

35) Joyce Reynolds (IMDb) actress – Appeared in movies during Hollywood's Golden era. Other sources say born 1924. Last appeared in a title in 1951! Last signing fan mail in 2019.

Now marked (perhaps recently?) as deceased on Searchpeoplefree.

image.png.012475db75d2915781d094c95aa465ef.png

image.png.cc918f94e3b8b5b9c9cfed400949669b.png

I buy it. Fan mail seems to have gone cold for the past three years, and that's a fair amount of time to be alive and inactive when you're in your mid-90s. Also, SPF doesn't mark people as dead willy nilly.

Only problem is, of course, that there's no death date, which is more than a little annoying for someone who has a Wikipedia page.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, tracy said:

Now marked (perhaps recently?) as deceased on Searchpeoplefree.

image.png.012475db75d2915781d094c95aa465ef.png

image.png.cc918f94e3b8b5b9c9cfed400949669b.png

I buy it. Fan mail seems to have gone cold for the past three years, and that's a fair amount of time to be alive and inactive when you're in your mid-90s. Also, SPF doesn't mark people as dead willy nilly.

Only problem is, of course, that there's no death date, which is more than a little annoying for someone who has a Wikipedia page.

Interesting, cheers.

A bit of a ballache for the team who picked her in the DDP! @gcreptile @Death Impends

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Are there any tools online I could use to extract a full death date?

Unfortunately, for recent deaths, probably not. In the automatically generated "personal profile summary" on each page, there's a question that says "is (name) still alive?". Older deaths will read "no, (name) is no longer alive and passed away in (date)". The pages for Reynolds and Garbo still read "yes, (X) is alive" even though they're marked as dead, which suggests they don't have a date yet.