Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

21 minutes ago, cgay said:

I am seeing rumors actress June Blair died can anyone confirm this?

Yes, seems to be dozens of tributes across Facebook, including from her family so no doubt true.

Her Wiki page for those who don't know who she is. @whoismakoto, one to remove from your Playboy list.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cgay said:

I am seeing rumors actress June Blair died can anyone confirm this?

It would appear the rumours are correct. June Blair, actress and Playboy Playmate (Jan 1957) dead at 89.

On 20/01/2022 at 20:04, msc said:

One discovered while updating a list for @Ulitzer95 (spoiler alert for the future, there): Gudrun Parker?

Big name in Canadian cinema. Born 1920. Still alive in 2014 to give an interview about her career. Her husband died later that year. Can't find anything since. Alas, Canadian death records are impossible to get but you'd assume a BAFTA winning documentary maker would get an obit in her home town press and I can't even finish that sentence with a straight face given some of the obit misses in recent years.

I'll re answer your question now @msc.

Gudrun Parker (wikidead at 102.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I'll re answer your question now @msc.

Gudrun Parker (wikidead at 102.

I'd totally forgotten about that post. Good spot.

I had heard recently that 90s Glasgow sportswriter David Bennie might have died earlier this year and was tempted to ask in here (there's a Scotland's People death notice which could easily be him, right death area, age and corresponds with a guy born in his area of Glasgow) but then I twigged he doesn't have a Wiki or anything like an online presence* and I'm probably one of the few people alive who remembers his books. His Celtic book I found a bit dull** but his World Cup book is one I often return to. But he seemed so offline a presence that I decided not to, I think its probably true but not 100% to mention it elsewhere. 

*In fact, he's so obscure, you Google him and it brings up an Irvine born paedo instead, which isn't him.

** I gather it's not dull if you actually support Celtic. 

Is English singer Robert Earl (Wiki) living? 96 but I can't found anything recently?

https://secondhandsongs.com/picture/172804 

11 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Is English singer Robert Earl (Wiki) living? 96 but I can't found anything recently?

https://secondhandsongs.com/picture/172804 

Yes. Check Facebook! Lives in the USA with his family. His son is a famous businessman too.

On 03/01/2021 at 12:07, drol said:

Is Deputy Chairman of Bulgaria State Council Krastyu Trichkov (wiki) actually still alive?

This article from 2009 seems to imply Trichkov was already dead, "he was a violent alcoholic".

Bit tenuous, but I think he is surely dead by now.

bg.wiki

Krastyu Trichkov According to the Bulgarian Wikipedia segment, the mandate ended on 8 February 1990

56 minutes ago, drol said:

This article from 2009 seems to imply Trichkov was already dead, "he was a violent alcoholic".

Bit tenuous, but I think he is surely dead by now.

Pretty sure he's dead. I tried searching around Facebook a couple of months ago and found nothing. There's a ton of images of Rafiq Nishonov, Nizoramo Zaripova, Kallibek Kamalov and other ancients.

"he was a violent alcoholic"

However, so was Karl Vaino.

But my grandmother, my uncle and my cousins are on good terms. I am looking to call my grandmother, especially as my grandfather has died and she is alone. 

A phrase from another article from the same website.

blitz.bg

His son, Sergei Trichkov, was the one who allowed himself to drink too much.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2021 at 18:44, arghton said:

I decided to check how many recipients of the Presidential Medal of Freedom are alive from before the younger Bush's tenure. It has been awarded since 1963. Not mentioned are large groups of people.

John F. Kennedy: None alive.

Lyndon B. Johnson: Leontyne Price, b. 1927 (awarded 1964)

Richard Nixon: Buzz Aldrin, b. 1930 (awarded 1969)

Fred Haise, b. 1933 (awarded 1970)

Jim Lovell, b. 1928 (awarded 1970)

Gerald Ford: Henry Kissinger, b. 1923 (awarded 1977)

Donald Rumsfeld, 1932-2021 (awarded 1977)

James Watson, b. 1928 (awarded 1977)

Jimmy Carter: Andrew Young, b. 1932 (awarded 1981)

Ronald Reagan: None alive.

George H.W. Bush: Lech Walesa, b. 1943 (awarded 1989)

James Baker, b. 1930 (awarded 1991)

Dick Cheney, b. 1941 (awarded 1991)

Hanna Holborn Gray, b. 1930 (awarded 1991)

Colin Powell, 1937-2021 (awarded 1991, again by Bill Clinton in 1993)

William H. Webster, b. 1924 (awarded 1991)

Richard Petty, b. 1937 (awarded 1992)

Bill Clinton: Joan Ganz Cooney, b. 1930 (awarded 1995)

Bob Dole, 1923-2021 (awarded 1997)

William Perry, b. 1927 (awarded 1997)

Robert Coles, b. 1929 (awarded 1998)

Frances Hesselbein, b. 1915 (awarded 1998)

Jimmy Carter, b. 1924 (awarded 1999)

Rosalynn Carter, b. 1927 (awarded 1999)

George J. Mitchell, b. 1933 (awarded 1999)

Wesley Clark, b. 1944 (awarded 2000)

Marian Wright Edelman, b. 1939 (awarded 2000)

Jesse Jackson, b. 1941 (awarded 2000)

Aung San Suu Kyi, b. 1945 (awarded 2000)

And a few picks that I'd say are pretty frail nowadays:

Bill Cosby, b. 1937. Awarded during Bush's tenure.

Ruth Johnson Colvin, b. 1916. Awarded during Bush's tenure.

Hesselbein needs to be removed here. I'm amazed we're down to just 10 living recipients from the Clinton years.

• Like 1

Tend to be given to really old people though - about 50 or so of Bush Jr's names are dead now too already.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever looked into Dolly Cooper? Can't find a birth date or death date anywhere online.

A rhythm & blues vocalist of the 50s. She recorded for Dot Records and performed with Lionel Hampton and Little Richard, but never found any great success.

Almost certainly dead but.. who knows, eh?

52 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Has anyone ever looked into Dolly Cooper? Can't find a birth date or death date anywhere online.

A rhythm & blues vocalist of the 50s. She recorded for Dot Records and performed with Lionel Hampton and Little Richard, but never found any great success.

Almost certainly dead but.. who knows, eh?

As per this her real name was Thelma Cooper.

Several blues books on Google reveal she was from Philadelphia.

A comment on this YouTube link with somebody of the surname Cooper says "she was my grandmother. She died of an asthma attack shortly after my father was born".

• Like 1

Here's a great mystery to check. Maybe the GRO has her.

Justine Chase, born 1906. Possible heiress to a big American brass company but decided to work in Broadway as a scripwriter and actress in the 1930s. Could have emigrated in the UK afterwards. Was alive around 1988 and comments her children still lives in the UK.

http://waterburythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/11/justine-chase.html?m=1

https://www.playbill.com/person/justine-chase-vault-0000088377

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0153791/

21 minutes ago, whoismakoto said:

Here's a great mystery to check. Maybe the GRO has her.

Justine Chase, born 1906. Possible heiress to a big American brass company but decided to work in Broadway as a scripwriter and actress in the 1930s. Could have emigrated in the UK afterwards. Was alive around 1988 and comments her children still lives in the UK.

http://waterburythoughts.blogspot.com/2010/11/justine-chase.html?m=1

https://www.playbill.com/person/justine-chase-vault-0000088377

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0153791/

BB1E35B5-B949-4B55-BE99-27F6F8AAE594.jpeg

• Like 2

Just to be correct

Dodie Heath (Wiki), Hollywood Golden age actress born 1926, but some others websites says she was born in 1928, and I found her in the records as Dodi M. Soames born 1934. She is alive but which year is correct?

10 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

She is alive but which year is correct?

Well she's 13 in the 1940 census, so it can't be the other two. Not to mention the source for the 1926 DOB on Wikipedia is a newspaper article from 1927.

Any thoughts if the soul singer, J J Jackson (1942) could have passed without being reported. Can't find any recent pictures of him, and while he was listed In the 2017,  Rock and Roll Reunion, produced by TVS Television, there are several other J J Jackson's. I'm just questioning whether or not he's still alive. Seems if he was, he'd have made an appearance at some soul event this millennium.

16 hours ago, dimreaper said:

Any thoughts if the soul singer, J J Jackson (1942) could have passed without being reported. Can't find any recent pictures of him, and while he was listed In the 2017,  Rock and Roll Reunion, produced by TVS Television, there are several other J J Jackson's. I'm just questioning whether or not he's still alive. Seems if he was, he'd have made an appearance at some soul event this millennium.

What a coincidence - I was about to bring him up! My understanding is he lives in the UK, but if he is still about, it is strange he doesn’t make any appearances as you say. 

• Like 1

On 06/09/2022 at 16:13, Gisooo said:

What about?

Dorothea Phillips (IMDb), Veronica Wells (IMDb),  Toni Palmer (IMDb),  Elizabeth Benson (IMDb), you already mentioned and Sheila Mitchell (Wiki/IMDb).

And notable with wiki: Vera Frances (Wiki),  Thea Gregory (Wiki), Sara Luzita (Wiki) recently became a centenarian and Elizabeth Morgan (Wiki)?

Talking Pictures reporting on their FB page that Thea Gregory has died

Our thoughts are with the Gregson family today as we have been informed that Thea Gregory, has gone to the cinema in the sky.
Thea began her career in theatre under her real birth name of Ida Reddish, before (as Thea Gregory) appearing in nine British films between 1950 and 1956, including The Weak and the Wicked with her husband, John Gregson. Their marriage in 1947 was a happy union and blessed with six children.
Several years ago Thea and some of their children gave an exclusive interview to #TalkingPicturesTV and became great friends with the channel. It was a real honour to have known you. Rest in Peace - reunited with John.
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 15/03/2021 at 22:44, Ulitzer95 said:

10) Beulah Garrick (IMDb) actress – British, credits include Dog Day Afternoon. Last credit was in 1981 so she stopped acting at retirement age. Married to American actor Bernard Pollock (1920–2016). His obituary notes that she survived him, so most likely alive and living in NYC.

Beulah Garrick granted an interview last week.

Sounds very alert for someone turning 102 in 6 months.

28 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Are pop singers Sunny Gale and Betty Madigan still living today?

Sunny Gale was living in a nursing home in Florida in 2013, to the surprise of many as she was long presumed dead. In 2015 and 2016, she was still being referred to in the present tense, but I can't find anything more recent.

Wiki says her real name was Selma Segal and that she was born in Clayton, New Jersey. Newspaper cuttings from the 1950s confirm this is true, but I still can't find her birth record. The same newspaper clippings state that she moved to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania when she was four and she considered that to be her "home". Census records from Pennsylvania reveal that her father was born in Lithuania/Russia. Her father was Meyer Siegal/Segal/Siegel/Sigal (born c.1896) and Blanche Siegal/Segal/Siegel/Sigal (née Geizler born c. 1898). He died in New York in 1958. She died in New York in 1977.

She had one sibling – a sister Florence Siegal (later Florence Resnikoff, who was born in 1920 and died in 1987).

As per this, Sunny Gale was married to theatre exec Noel Kramer in 1958, and they had a daughter that year. They were married in Manhattan in 1956 – here's the marriage record.

By 1966, she had a new boyfriend. He was also her agent AND her dentist as per this. Can't find his name anywhere. That would be key to finding out what her name is nowadays. Of course, she may have married somebody else since then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1