Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

On 25/11/2021 at 19:32, Ulitzer95 said:

There are at least 2 others from The Glenn Miller Story still alive.

Alan Copeland (wiki), a member of the Modernaires appears in the film. He's 95 and still kicking about.

Down to three, Alan Copeland dead at 96.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, tracy said:

Down to three, Alan Copeland dead at 96.

Picked once on the DDP in 2004, then never again.

• Shocked 1

On 04/01/2019 at 16:17, Spade_Cooley said:

Here's a really long shot one: the driver of the taxi Eddie Cochran was in when he died. Name was George Martin (little irony for you there), or George William Thomas Martin if you want the full-lengther. Lived in Bristol (Blackthorn Road at the time) and was apparently also 21, the same age as Cochran. He was definitely alive in 1969 when his taxi license was renewed, but other than that.... 

Googling does bring up people who are convinced Eddie Cochran faked his own death.

I’m bored and reading old threads but the switch theory of celebrities is a rabbit hole I went down once and it really freaked me out for a bit.

On 15/03/2021 at 22:44, Ulitzer95 said:

33) Jean Veloz (IMDb) dancer and actress – American. Last credit was in 1984 but appeared as a dance instructor in The Bachelorette in 2016. Still signing autographs in March 2021.

Someone wants Jean Veloz dead: 

No other info on TwitterElon, maybe there's something elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

There are dozens of tributes on Facebook. Plus a death date which is handy – she died on 15th.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2023 at 20:13, YoungWillz said:

Hollywood reporter obit for Jean Veloz.

8 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0675034/?ref_=tt_cl_t_7 Irish actor Desmond Perry. Appeared in numerous shows across the U.K. and Ireland between the late 50's and early 80's. Would be 107 next month if still alive. Any ideas?

According to a family tree on Ancestry, he died in 1985. Makes sense as his acting credits seems to have abruptly stopped that year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

According to a family tree on Ancestry, he died in 1985. Makes sense as his acting credits seems to have abruptly stopped that year.

Thank you for checking. He wasn't that famous, so i'm not surprised his death slipped under the radar.

• Like 1

Delete

• Like 1

On 15/03/2021 at 19:44, Ulitzer95 said:

7) Wally Campo (IMDb) actor – appeared in The Little Shop of Horrors, last credited role was in 2011 so I assume living! If nothing appears in the next couple of years I'll revise this.

Wally Campo dead at 99.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Can anyone check if Carol Ann Beekly (Imdb is still alive? In this ancestry.com page, she is know as Carol Ann Beckly but the birthyear is off. The related section at the bottom has a reference to Carol A Livingston. Now when I search for "Carol Ann Beekly Livingston", an obituary says the she is the parent of the deceased and is already deceased as well. 

10 minutes ago, whoismakoto said:

Can anyone check if Carol Ann Beekly (Imdb is still alive? In this ancestry.com page, she is know as Carol Ann Beckly but the birthyear is off. The related section at the bottom has a reference to Carol A Livingston. Now when I search for "Carol Ann Beekly Livingston", an obituary says the she is the parent of the deceased and is already deceased as well.

You pretty much have it yourself. She was born on July 2, 1936 and died as Carol Ann Livingston on May 21, 1992, aged 55. (She inherited her mom's children's choir in the late 80s, which apparently went poorly.)

So, yes, the findagrave page ancestry links there is hers.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2021 at 15:44, Ulitzer95 said:

12) Marilyn Cooper (IMDb) actress – American, with just one credit (in 1949) but better known as the widow of Indian actor Sabu (1924–1963). Appeared in a 1993 documentary. There is a 2002 article about her on Newspapers.com about her moving away from California. According to the official records actually born 13 Oct 1923 in Charleston, West Virginia. Not to be confused with the stage actress of the same name (1934–2009).

Once I told you my friend that Sabu's widow was alive and yes she died back on Sep 9, 2022 in Pacific Palisades, LA, CA at the age of 98!

IMG_20230131_174137_920.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Denis Brian (wiki), Welsh journalist and writer who later emigrated to the States died in Washington D.C. in 2017 according to an unsourced edit to his Wiki page today (it appears to be a family member).

Can anyone confirm?

He was a DDP pick in 2016.

Sure. There's a familytreenow record for a Denis Brian born in December 1923 last living in West Palm Beach, Florida. Put that into mylife and you get the same date of death the unsourced edit added. 

NAME: Denis D Brian
BORN: Dec 1923
LIVES IN: West Palm Beach, FL
LIVED: Washington DC

image.png.d54ea94e8b9cfbb62994072e3dcca5bb.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 22/07/2022 at 00:02, arghton said:

Asian politicians born 1922-1929 with no death date, if someone wants to find a death date/confirmation that someone from this list is alive, go ahead...

Mohammed Saeed Al Mulla (1926) UAE politician, Unification Minister in the 70s.

Mohammed Saeed Al Mulla dead at 97.

• Like 3

On 16/07/2022 at 22:58, Spade_Cooley said:

Waldo was definitely alive as of Christmas 2021, as you can see her performing at a Christmas concert here: I've now bothered to read the video description, this is a "virtual celebration" containing old footage, but Waldo herself appears at 3:41. Looks and sounds insanely good for someone who was 103 (104 now), so I have to assume she is still alive. Exotica doesn't have the same genre pull as it did in the mid-90s but you'd guess she'd still get the NYT obit.

There was a Christmas video from the same YouTube account last year, and Waldo makes an appearance at 1:50 or so. Again, looks ridiculously good for someone who is 104.

• Like 3

@Gisooo

Eileen Bennett… do you know if she was born in 1919 or 1920? Sources seem to vary on this and I see there’s a discussion on this matter on the talk section of her Wikipedia page.

32 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

@Gisooo

Eileen Bennett… do you know if she was born in 1919 or 1920? Sources seem to vary on this and I see there’s a discussion on this matter on the talk section of her Wikipedia page.

Looks it is 1919!

IMG_20230209_131603_431.thumb.jpg.ef23d1afe7c55952190961596b4971e5.jpg

• Thanks 1

An appeal for information on American pop singer Jodie Sands

Jodie_Sands_1957.JPG.f58c0b38b903148a1332587c54bc2d83.JPG

I've covered her in the UK Singles Chart thread before. Had a UK No. 14 hit, as well as reaching No. 15 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 in 1957. Toured with the likes of Chuck Berry, the Everly Brothers, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly and Paul Anka.

So what happened to her?

Sands was born as Eleanor DiSipio in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania according to several books online. That much is backed up by newspaper articles on Newspapers.com as well as census records. Her parents were Rocco (born 1886) and Angelina (née Cattefesta) DiSipio (born 1891). Her mother Angelina died in 1966 as per published death notices here and here. The 1930 census here gives her birth place and an estimated year of birth of 1927/1928.

Using the census and several residency records, we can see the names of her siblings. Obituaries of two of her siblings, here (1996) and here (2000) refer to her as Eleanor Ferro. So what happened to her? I doubt that she's still with us, but Ferro is a typical Italian-American surname so finding her records is proving difficult. I can't even find her marriage certificate, which I think would be the key here.

I've updated her wiki page with the above information but I'd obviously like to add full birth/death dates and details of her marriage.

Any help please?

Gave it a try and found out she was married between 1946-1950(+?) to Joseph Anthony Calsaretti/Calzaretta, supported by marriage record and census. Sadly, no information on her current status found, although she is listed dead on FamilySearch. 

• Thanks 1

Long shot but anyone have any idea if Francine Gottfried is still alive? Seems like after her 15 minutes were over she made a specific effort to stay out of the public eye, perhaps not wanting to tell future children "I was famous for having fat tits". 

• Like 1